Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 05-11-2014, 04:00 AM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Boredom and Photoshop and now I have my passenger seat already installed even though it is still on back order.

Old 05-11-2014, 04:07 AM

And now I have black jersey mesh Pole Positions. Definitely looks good. Has that NSX S-Zero look. I prefer the red though.

Talking about the NSX. I pretty much base all my safety standards on the idea that Honda sold the NSX-R and S Zero up until 2002 with no steering wheel airbag and no SRS system at all.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:55 AM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Excellent post. I will probably get one if they make a black jersey mesh. I like the red, but I think my raw denim will bleed all over the red and ruin the seat.
I really like your picture quality, what are you using?
Old 05-11-2014, 08:59 AM

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Once again another extremely informative post the latest and greatest upgrades. Now your making me want to consider some seats. I am also curious about the winmax pads you ordered, I run carbotech xp10 and xp8. Would those be considered an upgrade to what I currently have, not sure if you have tried those pads yet.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
Excellent post. I will probably get one if they make a black jersey mesh. I like the red, but I think my raw denim will bleed all over the red and ruin the seat.
I really like your picture quality, what are you using?
GT Motoring said they could get black jersey mesh made but they would be a bit more expensive since it is a custom order. Also it seem seems the wait time is a bit extreme with their custom order seats. One nice thing with the Pole Positions is all the center padding is removable and the fabric could easily be replaced by any upholstery shop. There is a velcro opening on each piece to remove the foam padding.

I use a Canon 60D with Sigma 30mm f1.4 on a Manfrotto tripod. But it is more about having a good eye for composition and knowing where to put the camera. I have a photography and vfx background and make photos and animation and video look good for a living so I have know excuse to not have good photos.

Originally Posted by tama05
Once again another extremely informative post the latest and greatest upgrades. Now your making me want to consider some seats. I am also curious about the winmax pads you ordered, I run carbotech xp10 and xp8. Would those be considered an upgrade to what I currently have, not sure if you have tried those pads yet.
I have never run Carbotech pads. I do know many people who have switched from XP10s to Project µ Club Racer and all considered it a nice upgrade due to the increased initial bite and feel and lack of dust. Some people have told me that the Carbotech backing plates are more compressible than some other pads so I avoided them. I will be pretty surprised if the Winmax W5 are on the same level of bit as the Club Racer, if they are I will definitely be happy. If the W5 aren't up to it then I will try out the W6. I also plan on trying the Endless ME20 and MXRS in the future, but those are $$$.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:21 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I was surprised about the stock seat weight as well. My arm scale says I may have added 5lbs each with my HR seats but the added safety is worth it.

The PP look great in that fabric. Car is coming together very nicely!
Old 05-11-2014, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
So if I have an SRS light already on (good luck showing me that with no bulb ) then I can have the seatbelt technically unplugged without another light? I'm currently using the OEM belt receptacle with an extender plugged in but I'd like to remove the OEM part and run just the receptacle. I can't deal with a chime on all the time though.
I can confirm if you disconnect the seat belt sensor you won't get any seat belt light or chime.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice seat

You should look into using resistor to trick the system that the receptacle is plugged in just like how you can do it to trick the airbag system when swapping out steering wheels. If I remember correctly the air bag resistor is 1.2 or 1.5 ohms. Lmk if you want me to check and I can tell you the exact resistor for the airbag.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:23 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

That's the easy fix for the driver side which we all know how to fool. It's the passenger side that's the trick. I believe it expects a fluctuating voltage
Old 05-12-2014, 03:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Boredom and Photoshop and now I have my passenger seat already installed even though it is still on back order.

IMO...your S2 pulls off the red jersey Recaro's I like!!

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II