Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 04-16-2014, 04:11 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyW
Originally Posted by arsenal' timestamp='1397682906' post='23116095
$360 for a battery and tray? Hope a flux capacitor is included with that!
Actually when you compare it to it's benefits, it's a more cost effective mod than most other mods out there. 23 pounds is nothing to laugh at.

Plus, it looks cool. Colin is good people, and his craftsmanship is top notch
Yeah not many other ways to take 23 lbs off the car at that price, without removing a lot of useful stuff.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:51 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Plus the bulk of the mods that drop weight pull it out of the rear of the car. It's nice to have something to drop some weight out of the front and help keep some balance.

I'm defintely going to look at something like this when my battery needs to be replaced. It has a convenient trickle charger plug too doesn't it?
Old 04-16-2014, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
Plus the bulk of the mods that drop weight pull it out of the rear of the car. It's nice to have something to drop some weight out of the front and help keep some balance.

I'm defintely going to look at something like this when my battery needs to be replaced. It has a convenient trickle charger plug too doesn't it?
Yeah Shorai sells a really nicer charger/balancer as well.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks nice!
Old 04-21-2014, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I'm new to the s2000 game and had lots of ideas originally, which I began to tone down and settled on a few ideas...then I found your thread. Initially I thought ' this guy has done hardly anything!' But as I read on, and ended up staying up reading the whole thing, I've realised I could have gone out and spent money on tat I would never need!

This thread is so awesome! Some of the parts I would never consider spending so much on but come on, it's an S, and will probably be collectible some day! It's worth it!

I love this thread. Keep it up
Old 04-21-2014, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Ozz9955
So I'm new to the s2000 game and had lots of ideas originally, which I began to tone down and settled on a few ideas...then I found your thread. Initially I thought ' this guy has done hardly anything!' But as I read on, and ended up staying up reading the whole thing, I've realised I could have gone out and spent money on tat I would never need!

This thread is so awesome! Some of the parts I would never consider spending so much on but come on, it's an S, and will probably be collectible some day! It's worth it!

I love this thread. Keep it up
Glad you enjoy it. :thumb up: I have been researching for years and years so I know exactly what I am looking to get out of the car, and how I want to go about doing it. There are plenty of things I would gladly spent a lot on due to their exclusivity, the extra level of quality and care put into the part, and mostly because I want to be able to try things out for myself.

I hardly spend anything on parts compared to the amount I spend on tires, gasoline, and brake pads though.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:39 AM

It's exactly how I felt about my EK, but then when I started to be able to afford the parts I wanted, I thought 'why am I doing this to an EK when I can do it to an S2K?' I guess sometimes people forget that the car was built as a sports car in the first place, not a grocery getter, yet people itch to change everything about the car! You've shown that you just don't need to rush into it like that! Honda knew what they were doing!

Looking forward to the next update! Even if it is new brake pads or tyres
Old 04-28-2014, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Last of the suspension parts have arrived! J's Racing S1 front camber joints/rca and rear rca.

Just wondering if you got the 12mm rear RCA or the 20mm? Currently looking at a set of RCAs myself

Hearing a bit of conflicting information - the Japanese J's Racing website actually recommends 20mm for ride heights lowered 20-50mm where as the US J's Racing site recommends 12mm? I've confirmed with the Japan division that their recommendation is correct but seems like a few US guys still choose 12mm anyway?

The main downside for me is that apparently the 20mm won't clear stock 16" rims and will run a little lower than what I'm trying to avoid at the moment..!
Old 04-30-2014, 12:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any chance you could post a pic or two of your trimmed front fender liner and lip?

I'm looking for at a similar set of wheels and was just wondering how much the front fenders need to be modified to avoid any potential rubbing issues.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by aozora
Just wondering if you got the 12mm rear RCA or the 20mm? Currently looking at a set of RCAs myself

Hearing a bit of conflicting information - the Japanese J's Racing website actually recommends 20mm for ride heights lowered 20-50mm where as the US J's Racing site recommends 12mm? I've confirmed with the Japan division that their recommendation is correct but seems like a few US guys still choose 12mm anyway?

The main downside for me is that apparently the 20mm won't clear stock 16" rims and will run a little lower than what I'm trying to avoid at the moment..!
I have the 12mm. J's Racing's site says:

"S2000 w/ ride height lowered by 20mm to 50mm

J’s Racing recommends 12mm Roll Center Adjuster

S2000 w/ ride height lowered more than 40mm

J’s Racing recommends 20mm Roll Center Adjuster

※ It is not recommended to the vehicle with the ride height from stock to – 20mm.

Please note that the roll axis (the line between the front and rear roll center) angle is another very important factor in S2000 setting. It is extremely important that J’s Racing Front Camber Adjuster L1 or L2 is used with the rear Roll Center Adjuster 12mm or 20mm."

http://www.j-sracingusa.com/jsusa/in...1-12&xKEYWORD=

Considering the measurements I have seen of the S2000 suspension these measurements make sense, ideally you would build the appropriate spacer for your exact ride height, but they are considering people will adjust their ride heights and it is better to have two options that will work well for common ride heights. It is also important to note that they specifically recommend using both front and rear RCAS so the roll axis isn't thrown off as well. I may take my car in to BlackTrax and actually measure the front roll center to see if it is worth doing more than the 9mm of front correction that is included in the S1 camber joints.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II