Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 10-02-2017, 11:06 AM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

You sure do park a lot.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:32 AM
Community Organizer

Received 226 Likes on 143 Posts

So glad the CE28s are on this thing now. Also, that tool box is INCREDIBLE.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:53 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
So glad the CE28s are on this thing now. Also, that tool box is INCREDIBLE.
It's fantastic, the quality of the tools and the customer service from Sonic is phenomenal I have found as well.

I took the car out to the mountains last night to see how the tires felt after having been stored away for awhile and they definitely still feel on par with what I expect from RE71Rs. These tires in the mountains basically just become a question of how much of a coward you are or aren't, haha. It's an ego bruising amount of grip. What I have found with these I haven't experienced with others is once the RE71Rs are hot, there is still a lot more grip than I would expect over really dirty areas of the road, covered in dirt or leaves. Way more grip than I have experienced in these situations before.

The car is ****ing dialed now with the diff. I have found the dampers at 10 clicks from full stiff with these springs and custom valving is perfect for the roads I drive. Total control of the car on entry, mid corner and exit with small steering inputs and the right foot.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:00 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Did you sign up for Laguna in late Nov? I want a ride!
Old 10-04-2017, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by manystyles
Did you sign up for Laguna in late Nov? I want a ride!
Oh 105Db day at Laguna. Might just have to make that one.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:16 PM

Powerhouse Amuse Euro-S exhaust

Another Amuse Euro-S exhaust was put up for sale on s2ki in the exact spec I prefer, so decided to go ahead and buy. Same exhaust that I already have, but as I have mentioned in this thread it suffered a resonator failure. When I ran it initially it was making contact with the exhaust tunnel which was later fixed. Hoping I can get more use out of this one and am going to make a non-resonated version out of the other one I have.

It looks like they did some better reinforcement around the resonator supports so we'll see how it goes. If it happens again I will provide info back to them and see what can be done to improve it. I love this exhaust so much I will keep trying until it can be made perfect.

It's just so beautiful. :crazyeyes:

Old 10-05-2017, 05:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Lol that’s funny I literally just saw your pics on IG and then found this thread when I looked up the exhaust, looks beautiful!
Old 10-05-2017, 06:51 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

If that lasts you 6 months, i might just finally try one.
good luck.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:17 AM

Received 320 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Powerhouse Amuse Euro-S exhaust

Another Amuse Euro-S exhaust was put up for sale on s2ki in the exact spec I prefer, so decided to go ahead and buy. Same exhaust that I already have, but as I have mentioned in this thread it suffered a resonator failure. When I ran it initially it was making contact with the exhaust tunnel which was later fixed. Hoping I can get more use out of this one and am going to make a non-resonated version out of the other one I have.

It looks like they did some better reinforcement around the resonator supports so we'll see how it goes. If it happens again I will provide info back to them and see what can be done to improve it. I love this exhaust so much I will keep trying until it can be made perfect.

It's just so beautiful. :crazyeyes:

I respect the hell out of this. Everything you mentioned is why I have two of these exhausts myself as well. They are fantastic!

How did you fix the exhaust tunnel issue? Did you just rubber mallet the tunnel to make room?
Old 10-12-2017, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Feezy
I respect the hell out of this. Everything you mentioned is why I have two of these exhausts myself as well. They are fantastic!

How did you fix the exhaust tunnel issue? Did you just rubber mallet the tunnel to make room?
I am wiling to do whatever it takes to make this exhaust work the way I want. I can't help myself. And yeas as I mentioned the exhaust tunnel was "adjusted". Heat gun and mallet or even an air hammer could be used to make quick work of it.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II