Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 07-07-2017, 05:49 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by saving4one
Are you able to keep the spare tire in the OE location with those adjusters?
Not sure I haven't run the spare for quite a few years. I believe in SakeBomb's post they say it does not work with the spare tire.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:58 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Have you seen this: https://www.rhdjapan.com/car-garage-amis-rear-trunk-expansion-panel-s2000-ap1-ap2.html
Old 07-12-2017, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

First of all congrats and huge thanks for keeping up-to-date such a wonderful thread! Your build/thread/vids are just wonderful! Keep going!

I have a question for you about the seat belt fitment on your Ballade Sport rails / Recaro Pole Position configuration. Therefore, I'm bringing back on top an old post of yours

Originally Posted by andrewhake

I purchased seat belt extenders as well and decided to just bolt them directly to the seatbelt anchor on the Ballade rails, which again is very well thought out with it's swept back design. I removed the big beefy bolt and washer setup from the OEM seat belt receptacle (minus the spacer) which fit perfectly through the hole in the male end of the seat belt extender, and bolted it directly to the anchor. Again big win here from Ballade, as they actually included nuts for the seat belt anchor bolt. This allowed the extender to fit through the lower harness hole nicely without extending too far and more importantly it is bolted down in an ideal position nearly perpendicular to the harness hole in the seat.

I think I perfectly understand what you mean about the seat belt extender fitment (bolted-on the Ballade rails w/o using the factory buckle). Pretty clever!
Would you have a picture, to confirm my understanding? I'm very curious to see it, it's on only picture missing in your post

I'm actually in the same situation as you were. I just got my Pole Position arrived yesterday and I'm looking for the safest / most clever way to fit the OEM buckle, and you solution seems to be the best one I've seen. Safety is my #1 priority, I'm not willing to mess around with it.

Last one: could you please share the reference of your seat belt extension?

Many thanks in advance, cheers from France!

kramouyou
Old 07-12-2017, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by kramouyou
Hi,

First of all congrats and huge thanks for keeping up-to-date such a wonderful thread! Your build/thread/vids are just wonderful! Keep going!

I have a question for you about the seat belt fitment on your Ballade Sport rails / Recaro Pole Position configuration. Therefore, I'm bringing back on top an old post of yours

I think I perfectly understand what you mean about the seat belt extender fitment (bolted-on the Ballade rails w/o using the factory buckle). Pretty clever!
Would you have a picture, to confirm my understanding? I'm very curious to see it, it's on only picture missing in your post

I'm actually in the same situation as you were. I just got my Pole Position arrived yesterday and I'm looking for the safest / most clever way to fit the OEM buckle, and you solution seems to be the best one I've seen. Safety is my #1 priority, I'm not willing to mess around with it.

Last one: could you please share the reference of your seat belt extension?

Many thanks in advance, cheers from France!

kramouyou
Thanks! Yeah unfortunately I don't have a photo of the extender bolted to the rail attachment point, but essentially I am just using the same OEM hardware that is used to bolt the seat belt receptacle to the rail, to bolt the extender to the rail mounting point you see in the photo you quoted. Ideally the extender would have a round mounting point (just like the OEM receptacle), where the extender is square to be inserted into another receptacle. In the case of an accident I highly doubt the extender would fail however. If anything it might bend slightly and take the shape of the bolt it is mounted with, but the bolt is quite thick.

I think the perfect solution would be a custom piece similar to what Porsche does in their cars with bucket seats:

Porsche Seat-Belt Buckle Driver's side 99780318310 - 99780318310 | Design 911

Would definitely be cool to have something like that. I was considering adding some sort of elastic strap on mine to always keep the receptacle up against the seat instead of hanging down.

Something else worth mentioning about the Ballade mounting base (or at lest the early version I have) is the holes need a tiny bit of filing open to properly mount up on my car. Make sure all the bolts thread in without binding or anything, don't force anything, and if they don't open up the holes a bit to properly fit.

Last edited by andrewhake; 07-12-2017 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:01 AM

Big thanks for your feedback, it all makes sense
I'm gonna order the Ballade Sports rails, seems to be the best option! You got me convinced!

One last question: which seat belt extender have you bought? Is it the Ballade Sports one? Do you remember its length by chance?

Last edited by kramouyou; 07-13-2017 at 04:24 AM.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:47 AM

Big thanks for your feedback, it all makes sense
I'm gonna order the Ballade Sports rails, seems to be the best option! You got me convinced!

One last question: which seat belt extender have you bought? Is it the Ballade Sports one? Do you remember its length by chance?
Ah didn't even realize they were selling them now. I got mine from (http://4extender.com) which has been a pretty common place for people getting them on s2ki. As shady as that site looks I didn't have any issues getting the part and the quality is definitely fine. The ones that Ballade are selling look very similar. At first 4extender sent me what they call a 9" extender, it was a bit too long so I had them send me their 6" version, so I would go for the shorter version from Ballade and see how that will work.
And just so it is clear, I think Ballade now has a v2 version of their seat rail? That is a a 2 piece base? I have the first version where the drivers side is a single base plate, and the passenger side is 2 piece. I would check with them to see which version they recommend for the Pole Position, because there really is only 1 way to setup the rail to properly fit the Pole Position.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Ah didn't even realize they were selling them now. I got mine from (Rated 4.9 Stars-We Are Pros At Seat Belt Extenders $14.87-) which has been a pretty common place for people getting them on s2ki. As shady as that site looks I didn't have any issues getting the part and the quality is definitely fine. The ones that Ballade are selling look very similar. At first 4extender sent me what they call a 9" extender, it was a bit too long so I had them send me their 6" version, so I would go for the shorter version from Ballade and see how that will work.
And just so it is clear, I think Ballade now has a v2 version of their seat rail? That is a a 2 piece base? I have the first version where the drivers side is a single base plate, and the passenger side is 2 piece. I would check with them to see which version they recommend for the Pole Position, because there really is only 1 way to setup the rail to properly fit the Pole Position.
OK, thanks

Yeah, now they have two versions:
- the V1, in one part, where the rails are mounted on a fixed base plate / bracket
- the V2, with two independent rails

They still retail the V1 today, which is slightly different than yours. They confirmed me the V1 is compatible with Recaro Pole Position.
Si I choose the V1, which is better to me in every point
Old 07-14-2017, 12:47 PM

OK, thanks

Yeah, now they have two versions:
- the V1, in one part, where the rails are mounted on a fixed base plate / bracket
- the V2, with two independent rails

They still retail the V1 today, which is slightly different than yours. They confirmed me the V1 is compatible with Recaro Pole Position.
Si I choose the V1, which is better to me in every point
Good luck! Feel free to post up if you have any more questions.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:59 PM

Just an update with some photos and things. No major changes to the car recently have just been enjoying it.

Sonic Tools S9 toolbox

Got a proper toolbox awhile back from Sonic Tools USA. LOVE THIS THING. Sonic makes some amazing tools and toolboxes, and they make custom inserts for various tool sets to fill the toolboxes, so everything is perfectly organized. I built out my toolbox with full sets of 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 sockets, wrenches (and space for the wrenches I already have, screwdrivers, hammers and chisels and files, every type of pliers I will ever need, and space for more.

This thing is fun to take photos of.

Had the chance to help out on a video shoot for Formula D driver Matt Field who is a bay area local. Shot all the slo-mo shots on a RED Epic and gimbal, and did some audio as well.

I never get tired of looking at this trunk..

More parking..

The day before the solar eclipse I decided to go up to the Lick Observatory on Mt. Hamilton to see if I could get some eclipse glasses. They were all out but I made sure to enjoy the drive and the view.

More parking.

More fuel.

Annnnnd a puncture. I always manage to puncture the right left tire for some reason. I punctured the outside shoulder, and the tire started to lose air and eventually had no pressure at all and the inside sidewall failed. I didn't realize i had a puncture until the inner sidewall started to fail. Amazingly I didn't damage the wheel at all so no big deal.

Of course this means it is CE28N time!

Some toolbox decoration.

The following users liked this post:
S1 S2 (10-04-2017)
Old 10-02-2017, 04:05 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Car looks good. The CE28s are better anyways

I've been wondering what's up with this thing.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II