Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 06-21-2016, 04:05 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

I thought hake....what the...not gonna change for no man....hake it is!!! More pics of all these parts installed. I hate you
I love you
Lets go!!!
Old 06-21-2016, 06:34 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks for the clarification on the rear bracket apparatus.

Did you coat the ce28s with anything? ? Curious to know how the ze40 coating compares if you did.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:55 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Hi, Andre here. Andre Whake. That's my name. Some people mistakenly call me Andrew Hake instead of Andre Whake. Andre. Andre Whake. Not Andrew. Andre.

Thanks for looking through everything. I will be dropping some stuff off at the body shop soon enough.
Andre,
Fancy not even knowing your own name - Jeez, what do they teach the kids of today .

HURRY UP WITH THE SUSPENSION REVIEW AS WELL (on your favourite roads pretty please ) !

Muchos grassy arse
Old 06-23-2016, 02:27 AM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
Thanks for the clarification on the rear bracket apparatus.

Did you coat the ce28s with anything? ? Curious to know how the ze40 coating compares if you did.
Yeah CEs are coated the same way. Works great. Brake dust still accumulates but generally it is much easier to clean off. Same with rubber bits.

Originally Posted by Mike RT4
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1466552872' post='23999011
Hi, Andre here. Andre Whake. That's my name. Some people mistakenly call me Andrew Hake instead of Andre Whake. Andre. Andre Whake. Not Andrew. Andre.

Thanks for looking through everything. I will be dropping some stuff off at the body shop soon enough.
Andre,
Fancy not even knowing your own name - Jeez, what do they teach the kids of today .

HURRY UP WITH THE SUSPENSION REVIEW AS WELL (on your favourite roads pretty please ) !

Muchos grassy arse
Yeah still testing out the suspension. I like giving stuff more extended periods to test to help provide a better impression. Today I started testing (on my short commute to and from work each day) softening up the dampers a few clicks to see how they behave when softened up. So far the useful range on this custom valving seems to be larger than the normal DFVs.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:55 AM

It doesn't really bother me much, but was looking at my photo library and thought I would try a quick mockup of what a nice little carbon fiber garnish piece might look like to cover the exposed areas of the chassis with the soft top removed.

Could be designed and made to just mount directly to the plastic pieces beneath them, and could integrate pretty well into the side garnish panels on the outside next to the seats. Will it happen? Who the f@#k knows.

On another note removing the soft top put an end to one of the last little annoying rattles I was getting sometimes when the car was warmed up and idling. Was probably just some part of the soft top vibrating around a bit but definitely nice to get rid of stuff like that. Road noise has probably gone up a tiny bit from the rear, but not much different than just driving around before with the soft top up, and removing it has gotten rid of of other annoying sounds so win win really.

Got distracted with other stuff so intake and throttle body isn't on yet, but should happen soon enough.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:31 AM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Yeah still testing out the suspension. I like giving stuff more extended periods to test to help provide a better impression. Today I started testing (on my short commute to and from work each day) softening up the dampers a few clicks to see how they behave when softened up. So far the useful range on this custom valving seems to be larger than the normal DFVs.
Sounds good .

I hope the ride quality is still acceptable on your Touge routes .

Do you know if the European arm of Ohlins will be able to do the same valve work if I ordered with 13k springs all round or is this something unique to the US?
Old 06-23-2016, 03:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

carbon trim piece looks great! definitely have to look into something like that too!
Old 06-23-2016, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by toddxxx
carbon trim piece looks great! definitely have to look into something like that too!
Just photoshopped in the .gif. Definitely would be cool to get something made though.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:54 PM

ASM throttle body installed

Got the ASM throttle body and space installed. Install was simple, just made sure to let the car cool down to avoid dripping a lot of coolant everywhere from the intake manifold recirculation lines. ASM includes the 4 longer bolts necessary to install the spacer, so just had to remove the studs (that Honda for some reason used on the top instead of bolts) and use the new bolts and included gaskets. I trimmed the top part of the gaskets that stick out a little bit since it looked a bit odd with the two gaskets. And then just a matter of plugging everything back in. Hard to tell any particular difference right away as that would mostly come from tuning and optimizing. I also went from the OEM airbox and stock tune back to Mugen intake, ASM throttle body, and tuned setup. The tune alone makes such a massive difference, and the intake has a pretty noticeable effect on throttle response as I have already experienced before.

I am still on my tune that was done when the car had stock intake and exhaust and everything, but I did push the rev limiter from 8400 to 8500. Will be getting the header and the test pipe back on and then getting an updated tune based on all the new stuff. The extra 100rpm to redline is definitely nice. Like with any high revving engine, every extra 100 rpm or so makes such a nice difference in sound at the top end. And that extra 100 definitely gives that little extra range that is sometimes necessary and allows you to avoid shifting up right before braking points.

Nice to keep making progress little by little on all of these things.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This car reminds me of diez s2000.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II