Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 06-17-2016, 03:37 PM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

ah good ol smog check. congrats
Old 06-18-2016, 05:27 AM

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I've never had to deal with smog or vehicle inspections. I always thought they were an annual deal. Are you able to decide the intervals that you're inspected or is it different by state and county?
Old 06-18-2016, 12:45 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by tama05
I've never had to deal with smog or vehicle inspections. I always thought they were an annual deal. Are you able to decide the intervals that you're inspected or is it different by state and county?
Every two years. It is pretty painless honestly. Don't really have to deal with mechanical and other inspections like in some other states. Just emissions.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by tama05' timestamp='1466256451' post='23996244
Every two years. It is pretty painless honestly. Don't really have to deal with mechanical and other inspections like in some other states. Just emissions.
Yeah it seems that way, now get that header and throttle body on, along with any other spare parts you have. It's too difficult to keep track lol!
Old 06-19-2016, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by tama05
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1466282734' post='23996530
[quote name='tama05' timestamp='1466256451' post='23996244']
Yeah it seems that way, now get that header and throttle body on, along with any other spare parts you have. It's too difficult to keep track lol!
[/quote]

Yeah Mugen intake and ASM throttle body will go on today. And then header and test pipe should go back on later this week.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:48 AM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

And breath!

Just finished catching up to where you are now. Awesome read and so many ideas (my bank account loves and hates you in equal amounts - love because of all the money you have saved in me not having to experiment like you have, hates because of all the quality parts that will gradually HAVE to be purchased to achieve my handling goals (car is currently stock apart from baffled sump (I love track days and heard this was a necessity), pads (Pagid RS29s), fluid (Castrol SRF) and braided hoses (Goodridge)).

However, all I will say is "Where are the f*%$ing mirrors?"

You MADE me read all 112 pages and I was all smug thinking, "At least towards the end I will be able to see what the car looks like with the mirrors on without having to have waited ten years like everyone else who were in from the beginning" .

Andre , you disappoint me LOL!

Anyway, your driving style is exactly like mine (I love a car that rotates - part of the reason of buying an S), so I am looking forward to full on comparisons of what you think of the 13k springs all round compared to the 10k - especially how they have / haven't compromised the car on your Touge routes.

Thanks again for your methodical approach, will try and do the same with little step changes, first of which is going to be the rigid collars, which will hopefully give you time give full impressions of the suspension.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:33 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 226 Likes on 143 Posts

Andre, you disappoint me.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:27 AM

This isn't the first time.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:22 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike RT4
Yeah come on Whake.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mike RT4
And breath!

Just finished catching up to where you are now. Awesome read and so many ideas (my bank account loves and hates you in equal amounts - love because of all the money you have saved in me not having to experiment like you have, hates because of all the quality parts that will gradually HAVE to be purchased to achieve my handling goals (car is currently stock apart from baffled sump (I love track days and heard this was a necessity), pads (Pagid RS29s), fluid (Castrol SRF) and braided hoses (Goodridge)).

However, all I will say is "Where are the f*%$ing mirrors?"

You MADE me read all 112 pages and I was all smug thinking, "At least towards the end I will be able to see what the car looks like with the mirrors on without having to have waited ten years like everyone else who were in from the beginning" .

Anyway, your driving style is exactly like mine (I love a car that rotates - part of the reason of buying an S), so I am looking forward to full on comparisons of what you think of the 13k springs all round compared to the 10k - especially how they have / haven't compromised the car on your Touge routes.

Thanks again for your methodical approach, will try and do the same with little step changes, first of which is going to be the rigid collars, which will hopefully give you time give full impressions of the suspension.
Hi, Andre here. Andre Whake. That's my name. Some people mistakenly call me Andrew Hake instead of Andre Whake. Andre. Andre Whake. Not Andrew. Andre.

Thanks for looking through everything. I will be dropping some stuff off at the body shop soon enough.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II