Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 06-04-2016, 11:13 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the update Andrew, any more details about Ceramic Pro and how its applied? Decals stickers gotta come off or on top? how long should it last haha
Old 06-04-2016, 03:08 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by //steve\\
There are plenty of other products that accomplish the same thing that are publicly available. I've used Opticoat in the past with similar results.

Application can be tricky with these which is why I think they don't make them all publicly available. Don't want a bunch of people running around saying the product sucks because they appied it wrong/poorly.
Yeah makes sense. Many other coatings work well but this one in particular is made to stand up to some pretty crazy temps (750 C) so that is why he likes it for wheels.

Originally Posted by S1 S2
Thanks for the update Andrew, any more details about Ceramic Pro and how its applied? Decals stickers gotta come off or on top? how long should it last haha
No it is just applied over stickers and everything, and should help keep them applied. It is considered a permanent coating so the idea is that it will last for the life of the wheels. Best to ask Jason though not me.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:20 PM

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

That's a real good idea for protecting wheels. I haven't used anything on mine, probably wouldn't hurt to put something on there.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice stuff! Love the wheels I've been looking for a place to get a full "clear bra" installed on my frontend. But just haven't found a shop that would meets my exceptions.. I'll have to give them a call and check out there work!
Old 06-05-2016, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by ihoopalot
Nice stuff! Love the wheels I've been looking for a place to get a full "clear bra" installed on my frontend. But just haven't found a shop that would meets my exceptions.. I'll have to give them a call and check out there work!
Yeah Jason gets my full recommendation for sure. I haven't had him do any protection film work on my car yet but I am sure he can get you set up. Tell him I sent you.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Will do! Thanks for the info!
Old 06-07-2016, 08:46 PM

Urge rear rotors:

Urge rear rotors arrived today. They me even be on the car by the end of the evening rather than hoarding them away like I usually do.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:37 PM

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts

Your floor is just as pretty as most of your parts
Old 06-08-2016, 02:22 AM

Urge rear rotors installed!

Very rare occurrence of me receiving parts and actually getting them installed the same day. Got the rear rotors installed no problem. Only real issue is that it has been awhile since I have removed the rear rotors so those rotor screws took a little love. Come to think of it. I think the SOS rotors that were on the car are the only other set of rear rotors I have ever put on the car since I have had it, they were on for about 26k miles and till looked pretty good. SOS rotors are 10lbs each and the Urge rotors are 8lbs each as they list on their site.

The new caliper bracket was perfectly machines and repainted nicely. The wider opening in the bracket doesn't allow you to run the little metal pad retainer clips that go in the bracket but those particular clips aren't very important anyway. The retaining clip in the actual caliper does the work of keeping the pads in place. I put a small coating of the high temp ceramic brake lube I use for the caliper pins on those areas and on the portions of the pad that contact the caliper and piston like I normally do.

My current Endless ME20 rear pads were worn just enough to fit with the wider rear rotors. Twisting the rear caliper pistons all the way back in, I was able to fit them no problem. I decided to grind down the inside pad on each side a very small amount just to make sure there was no chance of drag in the rear. Did a quick test drive and everything seems to be working as expected. Looking forward to seeing how the rear rotors effect front pad and rotor life as others have seen with them. Definitely feels great to have some proper vented rear rotors on this car, which is a damn sports car and should have come with vented rear rotors in the first place.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:28 AM

I am going to be replacing the rear hubs and wheel bearings soon, and was thinking I might try out the APR standard length wheel studs. I remember SHG_Mike had put them on his car and it looks like the shape of the end of the stud just makes it that much easier getting the lug nuts started. I am always fiddling with them getting them started with the standard studs always making sure to start them by hand. No need for extended studs as I have no need to run spacers so I think I will give them a shot.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II