Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 05-24-2016, 04:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah speaking of the Amuse exhaust, what are you going to do to get it fixed?
Old 05-24-2016, 04:35 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

If your using swift springs they dont settle more than 1mm. Just another great quality of swift. That header is such a work of art
Old 05-24-2016, 04:40 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by jst2878
If your using swift springs they dont settle more than 1mm. Just another great quality of swift. That header is such a work of art
That's good to hear. Another friend using these springs (at different spring rates) said they didn't really settle much at all so that is awesome. If anything the 1mm is likely just from the spring settling into the rubber upper mount piece.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got my Swift Springs in today. I am going a different route. 9k in front and 7k in rear. Trying to get a more comfortable road car experience. Im excited to get mine on!
Old 05-25-2016, 08:47 AM

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by jst2878' timestamp='1464136548' post='23975617
That's good to hear. Another friend using these springs (at different spring rates) said they didn't really settle much at all so that is awesome. If anything the 1mm is likely just from the spring settling into the rubber upper mount piece.
I have 14/12K Swift Springs and I can confirm they settle very little. I did install them drove around a few times did a final adjustment and aligned the car.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by chrisaltima
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1464136839' post='23975624
[quote name='jst2878' timestamp='1464136548' post='23975617']
I have 14/12K Swift Springs and I can confirm they settle very little. I did install them drove around a few times did a final adjustment and aligned the car.
[/quote]

Excellent. Mine have probably already settled as much as they are going to then.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:38 PM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

maybe i skipped over it...but did you post the current alignment settings/stance of the car with the new suspension setup? any rubbing issues with the wider wheels?
Old 05-25-2016, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cpt. Spock
maybe i skipped over it...but did you post the current alignment settings/stance of the car with the new suspension setup? any rubbing issues with the wider wheels?
Haven't gotten a new alignment since installing the new setup. The AD08Rs on the car right now are pretty much done so I am just finishing them off before I put on the CEs with fresh tires and new alignment.

I will probably stick to my current alignment specs though honestly at -3.0 F + R, 6.4 caster, 1/16th total toe. It's a really usable setup. I don't have any rubbing issues with the CEs or the Weds with the fenders rolled completely flat. Even less of an issue now with the stiffer springs and sway bars.

The sway bar setup is perfect. I have the front bar on full stiff which makes the front end super responsive at lower speeds. With the rear bar at the middle or soft setting the rear is still really responsive and neutral and easy to predict. Adjusting the rear bar allows me to change the behavior of the rear in nice small increments and just allow me to dial in a little bit more turn in oversteer as needed for different surfaces without having to soften up the front. Full stiff front and rear and the car can just be gently backed into corners on entry.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:01 AM

Ray's Engineering ZE40 17x9.5 +47

ZE40s motha f@#kaaaaaaaaa! Got these in just in time to finally mount of my CE28Ns for proper use. The pain of me having waited months and months to get in the CEs after long trying to get the particular spec remanufactured and then not using them for nearly a year is definitely not lost on me haha. I kept getting punctures on the AD08Rs on the Weds at annoying times and didn't want to waste tires so tires were sort of replaced in a way that led me to using them for much longer than I normally do. Either way those tires are finally nearing the end of their life so the CEs will go on soon and I will have another set of wheels laying in wait while those tires hopefully live a much shorter life. Big thanks to Eddie (Gruppe-S) once again for the great deal and getting this spec made and for facilitating the +47 CEs in the first place.

ZE40s look amazing to me. I don't think I really have a preference between the CE28N and the ZE40. The center cap area is identical on both, so the new caps or the older flat caps work fine on both. The concavity of the faces are pretty similar between the two wheels, with it being a little more apparent on the ZE40 since the spokes go all the way to the wheel lip. The color and finish looks identical to my eyes, in some of the photos one may look more gold than the other, but it all just comes down to the lighting and camera position. In an evenly lit environment I would say it is the exact same finish. The CEs do have the more polished bronze lip that the ZE40s do not, and the ZE40s have the nice engraved markings rather than stickers.

Did a quick composite and gif of the ZE40 with a tire "mounted".

Surprisingly the ZE40s do weigh a little more than the CEs. I would guess all of that additional weight is around the mounting area as the CEs have the extra holes and a little less beefy mounting area overall. The ZEs definitely have a more refined barrel design and also have the knurled tire mounting surface. Any difference and stiffness and weight is probably pretty negligible when it is this close but interesting to see the differences either way.

I would like to try a different tire on the ZE40s to compare to the RE71-R on the CEs, but the RE71-R is really good value for money, and the only tire I would really want to compare it to (AD08R) is rather expensive right now. Kind of want to hold off and see if Advan comes out with a new tire but will probably just cave and get more RE71R when I can get a set just so I can see the wheels on the car. Wheel see, wheel see..
Old 05-27-2016, 02:43 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

F*ck the ZE40's look so good in bronze! I like the amount of concavity on them. Not too much and not to flat. Just right for the S2000. The comparison with the CE's is also really cool to see.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II