Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 10-21-2015, 05:56 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by av8ter
Here is a useless post for ya.... Wonder what the forum's general consensus would have been if your new aero was from ASM's selection.

[attachment=86581:c_west_s2k-img600x401-1440909551uffd0a3481.jpg]
That is a good question.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still the same, unless you had the full ASM undertray. I find them rather useless in the big picture, for reasons previously stated.

And I've finished my s2000 for myself and driven it on very twisted and cambered roads already without even a slight hesitation or worry of scraping the bumper. Not sure how you "tested" something you don't have, bore have access to, but ok.

I dismissed your previous post as ramblings because what started out as a clear discussion became ramblings.

Again, whether you care about opinions or not, they'll be stated. They're like assholes. Get over it.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by juntsky
Still the same, unless you had the full ASM undertray. I find them rather useless in the big picture, for reasons previously stated.

And I've finished my s2000 for myself and driven it on very twisted and cambered roads already without even a slight hesitation or worry of scraping the bumper. Not sure how you "tested" something you don't have, bore have access to, but ok.

I dismissed your previous post as ramblings because what started out as a clear discussion became ramblings.

Again, whether you care about opinions or not, they'll be stated. They're like assholes. Get over it.
Yeah so it's the same if you have a really simplistic view on things and like to over generalize things to prove a useless point.

I don't need to have driven a car with Legalo front to know I would likely destroy it on my car, because as I mentioned I already make and have made contact with the R1 and OEM bumpers in certain situations on my fairly conservative ride height. I am sure it is very drivable in this state it is in your FS thread, I guess I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you drove it at a much much lower ride height, similar to your last S2000, and if that's the case, wonderful.

Yes everyone has an asshole, but not everyone exposes their asshole in public without being asked due to some narcissistic need to have everyone know how their asshole is doing or what their boring and unconsidered opinion is of things. I don't really respect or have that much interest in your opinion because the reason you are interested in cars is in no way similar to the reason I am interested in cars.

If people want to share their opinions, great. All I am saying is that they should try to have a more considered and thoughtful opinion if they don't want to have their opinion questioned, especially when it isn't asked for.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:41 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
...because as I mentioned I already make and have made contact with the R1 and OEM bumpers in certain situations on my fairly conservative ride height.
On the touge or going into driveways? Can't see how you would scrape a front bumper on a back road unless you had incredibly soft settings?
Old 10-23-2015, 12:49 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

what kind of tool cart do you have??
Old 10-23-2015, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by arsenal
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1445631718' post='23784526
...because as I mentioned I already make and have made contact with the R1 and OEM bumpers in certain situations on my fairly conservative ride height.
On the touge or going into driveways? Can't see how you would scrape a front bumper on a back road unless you had incredibly soft settings?
Never on driveways or normal driving. Although a larger splitter on the R1 bumper would definitely start to limit the driveways and inclines I could easily go up. On very tight hairpins in the mountains that compress the car a massive amount when pushing hard into a corner. And many other places really. I made contact on the from OEM bumper in the same places on stock suspension. One of the reasons I am going to a stiffer spring rate. For many people this wouldn't be a concern, for me it is.

But really? You don't see how someone could scrape a bumper on a mountain road? There are many situations where this happens. Even just hitting the right type of dip at high speeds can be enough to compress the car down and make contact with the little front tire spats. When heavily compressed into a corner the front bumper gets incredibly close to the ground.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by arsenal
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1445631718' post='23784526
when you live in the mountains, there are 180 degree turns that change elevation 20 ft between the entry and exit.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
I am sorry I am not at liberty to disclose this information. It's a one-off cart I had made through a joint partnership between Ohlins and Amuse..

It's just a Winco USA Utility cart I found on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage
Old 10-23-2015, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer' timestamp='1445633395' post='23784542
I am sorry I am not at liberty to disclose this information. It's a one-off cart I had made through a joint partnership between Ohlins and Amuse..

It's just a Winco USA Utility cart I found on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage
Do you find it strong enough? Some of these janky carts I see Id be scared of putting too much weight on them.
4 rotors, a case of oil, and other misc items can add up fast.
I looked for your amazon review but didnt see it. Would you recommend to a friend?
Old 10-23-2015, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
Originally Posted by arsenal' timestamp='1445632880' post='23784538
[quote name='andrewhake' timestamp='1445631718' post='23784526']
when you live in the mountains, there are 180 degree turns that change elevation 20 ft between the entry and exit.
[/quote]

Some of the roads I drive have corners with much more aggressive elevation and camber change than this, but Laguna is a good example. Imagine if this was a pretty highly cambered hairpin that is much narrower and it is pretty easy to see how the bumper could come in contact. In some cases the entire corner can be a large dip itself with the apex being lower than both the entry and exit.

This photo is from my first ever time driving Laguna so it means I was probably being a total pussy through here also.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II