Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 08-24-2015, 10:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

going back to the gauges. i have the defi ZD and love it. way better than looking at individual gauges trying to figure out what theyre reading. everything is just nice and neat and presented directly in front for me.
might be a little harder for you AP2 guys though as the gauges are smaller than AP1 but it fits perfectly in front of the stock dash and covers the speedo. i then just run speed through the defi

and turned on the colour of the display matches the stock dash almost 100%

ps. sorry about the shitty pics but you get the idea haha
Old 08-24-2015, 10:55 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by toddxxx
going back to the gauges. i have the defi ZD and love it. way better than looking at individual gauges trying to figure out what theyre reading. everything is just nice and neat and presented directly in front for me.
might be a little harder for you AP2 guys though as the gauges are smaller than AP1 but it fits perfectly in front of the stock dash and covers the speedo. i then just run speed through the defi
Nice. How's the update frequency on the ZD? I think if I ran it I would probably mount it off to the side near the a-pillar or off to the side of the A/C control panel or something.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you ever plan on going with some aftermarket engine/tranny mounts?
Old 08-30-2015, 05:22 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

How many miles do you have on this thing now?
Old 08-30-2015, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by toplessPolak
Yep. Deciding between Spoon engine/tranny/diff mounts or Mugen. Spoon comes with the reinforced tranny mount so I am thinking that would be the way to go. But I have heard that Mugen may be a little more street car friendly.

Originally Posted by //steve\\
106,000! Going strong as ever. I am still thinking of doing all new suspension arms and a few other maintenance like that I think.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:19 PM

Received 612 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by //steve\\' timestamp='1440984120' post='23731717
106,000! Going strong as ever. I am still thinking of doing all new suspension arms and a few other maintenance like that I think.
I changed out my front control arms at 92,000 miles and got all brand new bushings etc. My compliance bushings were both torn. I'm sure yours could use replacing based on vehicle use - track-like condition use definitely puts more wear on your bushings.

Also, control arms should be treated as a wear and tear item which also might bend slightly with any offs at the track or hard use of berms and so on - only a problem if you can't get your desired alignment specs.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bullwings
I changed out my front control arms at 92,000 miles and got all brand new bushings etc. My compliance bushings were both torn. I'm sure yours could use replacing based on vehicle use - track-like condition use definitely puts more wear on your bushings.

Also, control arms should be treated as a wear and tear item which also might bend slightly with any offs at the track or hard use of berms and so on - only a problem if you can't get your desired alignment specs.
Yeah I think it is easy to slowly get used to the car in a more worn out state, so it starts to seem normal when it could be much better.

The car is so beautifully balanced at the moment. Turn in is as nice as ever, but the car feels absolutely incredible when getting back onto the throttle. It just begs me to get on the throttle as early as possible and then is so easy to balance on edge of oversteer from there and rotates perfectly. -3.0 camber all around is a wonderful setup with this spring rate. It is balanced on corner exit right on the edge of full throttle. If you have the balls and careful steering in puts you can often just pin the throttle and hang on for the ride all the way to exit. The closer to full throttle the more the car rotates.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toplessPolak' timestamp='1440983333' post='23731702
Yep. Deciding between Spoon engine/tranny/diff mounts or Mugen. Spoon comes with the reinforced tranny mount so I am thinking that would be the way to go. But I have heard that Mugen may be a little more street car friendly.
I have Spoon engine/tranny/diff mounts on my DD and they are fine. Just a touch buzzier at idle, but even that has broken in a bit and I no longer notice them. More transmission noise comes into the cabin, which is nice, if you like mechanical stuff. The shifting is much more precise without the trans moving around.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:22 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Mugen mounts are a great upgrade. I liked how my ingalls etd added to a smoother gear shift.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:44 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,864 Likes on 2,076 Posts

Originally Posted by arsenal' timestamp='1441750102' post='23741136
Like Chik-fil-a mate?
Is there anyway to ban someone from a thread I have made?
No. You can ignore users though if you wish.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II