Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 04-30-2015, 05:45 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by King Tut
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1429845947' post='23589419
I mean the part of the logo that is a brake disc.
So you want just the Ying Yang looking double circle in the middle of the logo:
Yeah. I mean it was just an example. In a different thread awhile back someone asked me if I would choose a particular Alcon BBK over Stoptech. I said I would choose Alcon, listed some reasons why, said I knew it wasn't as cost effective and that my opinion on the matter wasn't the most rational, and it turned into this continuous over reaction for some reason. It wasn't even a situation where I was really trying to convince anyone of anything, just stating my opinion when asked.

I love many things about the trophy kit. Love the rotor hat color and caliper color and most of the design and engineering that has gone into the caliper. I just wish it was more of a step up from their normal kit really. I wish it was monoblock even though they try to go into detail on their site to convince people that isn't an advantage (I am not convinced). And a few other little minor things. I am well aware that both Stoptech kits will perform extremely well for anyone who uses them, and that they are an extremely cost effective option. I know that my grievances won't keep the kits from being very effective. It's just not the kit I would choose, and there is nothing wrong with that. I am not trying to convince anyone that they shouldn't buy something.

The only thing I will try to convince people not to buy is that worthless ATE brake fluid.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by S2Kitt
What an excellent build thread.

Love the Timeline
An all of you're photos are such great quality.
Thank you sir!
Old 04-30-2015, 07:22 PM

Received 435 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
The only thing I will try to convince people not to buy is that worthless ATE brake fluid.
What's wrong with ATE Type 200?
Old 04-30-2015, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by gbaby2089
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1430444755' post='23597392
What's wrong with ATE Type 200?
It just never worked well for me in any situation. Always boiled the fluid at the track, often boiled it in the mountains, and it never was consistent even under normal day to day driving. Pedal feel was always changing. This doesn't bother some people at all. I have some friends that used it at the track for ages until they finally tried a better fluid.

I don't think ATE would be anywhere near it's listed dry and wet boiling points if tested by a third party. I would recommend anyone to at least try one of the higher end fluids before settling with ATE. It's the type of thing where you might try it and it might feel slightly better than normal Honda brake fluid, as I did. But when you try something better the difference is very obvious. For me the Project µ fluid never even fluctuates in terms of consistency. If the brakes feel different, I know it is the pads or rotors and not the fluid.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:29 AM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Mugen cf top. Do it!
Old 05-01-2015, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
Mugen cf top. Do it!
OMG stahp. I am already so tempted it is silly. It is so hard for me to decide on this it is driving me mad. Every time I think I make a decision I come up with another reason why I like another option better.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:57 AM
Community Organizer

Received 226 Likes on 143 Posts

OEM black hardtop. Or Amuse. You know what? Just do the Amuse.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:02 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

^ you've pretty much showed that cost isn't an issue with everything else you've purchased. Might as well go all the way.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:11 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by //steve\\
^ you've pretty much showed that cost isn't an issue with everything else you've purchased. Might as well go all the way.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
OEM black hardtop. Or Amuse. You know what? Just do the Amuse.
I am convinced I would definitely take the Mugen CF over the Amuse even if the price was the same. Mugen should likely be the lightest option with the non-glass rear window. I am not sure exactly what the Amuse weighs with all the mounting hardware and glass but I assume it would be slightly heavier. And I greatly prefer the OEM design to the Amuse design I have decided.

I am most convinced I want to do the Challenge top with OEM glass and liner and everything, but I am not sure getting all the parts from Honda will be that easy.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II