Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 04-04-2015, 06:52 AM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Very nice.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:17 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by //steve\\
I've always thought that was one of the coolest things about a Ti Exhuast. Do you think the tip will also change over time?
I don't think so. Looks exactly the same to me know as it did before installed. Amuse was pretty clear that they designed a process to color the tip in a way that won't cause it to change as heat is put through the system. The piping definitely changed color quickly though. I was out doing a decent amount of driving but nothing too crazy since it was very cold.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:33 PM

I am definitely amazed at how the weight difference totally changes the feel of the car. And after driving some high speed stuff with big dips and bumps I really do feel like the rear travel is improved. A power increase can definitely be felt as well. The difference in feel in the rear end of the car over bumps and through corners almost certainly has to do with the decrease in weight hanging out the back. It's amazing how large of an effect this can have. Anyone who tells you exhaust weight isn't that important is a god damn fool.

The difference is on turn-in all the way through corner exit. The car was pretty neutral already but now it has the ability to more easily get that just slight amount of oversteer when you want it on corner entry, and it does so extremely smoothly. Mid corner it is incredibly easy to make the car rotate with the throttle. This is something I could do before but now that transition is also smoothed out. One of the biggest changes is on corner exit. If the car was sliding mid corner you really had to be prepared to smoothly transition out of the slide on exit. You still need to do this the way the car is currently setup, but it just makes the process smoother. It definitely

I definitely look forward to getting the car out when it is a little warmer with more grip and to the track to see how it feels. With more grip it should be possible to get on the throttle very early. Also looking forward to getting the car back in for a retune to see what sort of power increase is possible.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Forgive me if you have already addressed this in your thread, but have you modified your fenders in any way? I plan to eventually buy a set of CE28s in standard S2000 fitment on the same tire specs as you, which is what I currently have, and give the car a mild drop 1.25" (likely some Bilsteins), but don't want to have to touch the fenders. By the way, you've done a fantastic job modifying your S2000 with tasteful and visually appealing modifications.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by andrewhake
It makes sense. The VSA was calibrated for 215 front tires (the OEM tires are actually narrower than that though I think) so with 255 tires up from it will drastically over break I would imagine.

I had my VSA map tuned. Undoubtedly helped with stability under braking with the 255 square setup. Rear end would pitch heavily with the slightest wheel input prior.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by av8ter
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1428104584' post='23565982
It makes sense. The VSA was calibrated for 215 front tires (the OEM tires are actually narrower than that though I think) so with 255 tires up from it will drastically over break I would imagine.

I had my VSA map tuned. Undoubtedly helped with stability under braking with the 255 square setup. Rear end would pitch heavily with the slightest wheel input prior.
How can the VSA map be tuned?
Old 04-04-2015, 02:13 PM

Same way the 06+ cars can be reflashed, have complete CAN communication ABS/VSC/SRS along side of of the ECM functions.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by av8ter
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1428185357' post='23566728

Same way the 06+ cars can be reflashed, have complete CAN communication ABS/VSC/SRS along side of of the ECM functions.
Yeah. So how did you retune the VSA exactly?
Old 04-04-2015, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bizhan
Forgive me if you have already addressed this in your thread, but have you modified your fenders in any way? I plan to eventually buy a set of CE28s in standard S2000 fitment on the same tire specs as you, which is what I currently have, and give the car a mild drop 1.25" (likely some Bilsteins), but don't want to have to touch the fenders. By the way, you've done a fantastic job modifying your S2000 with tasteful and visually appealing modifications.
Yeah my fenders are rolled with the fender liners trimmed. If you plan on driving the car hard with that setup I would recommend it honestly. With additional camber you may not need it, but even with -2.4 in the front initially when I switched to that wheels setup I would get a small amount of contact on those tabs.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:40 PM

Yeah. So how did you retune the VSA exactly?

Through Hondata's hardware, without the use of their software.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II