Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 01-24-2015, 05:20 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by aozora
Looks perfect. So very clean, simple, yet functional. And I'm sure quality and attention to detail is right up there.
Extremely jealous haha... That said - I'm always wondering if I should coat my wing somehow but the dry carbon feels so good ahah. I'm guessing your hood has every spot covered? Dry carbon maintanence is a bit of a hassle... I don't think the car would look as clean if it wasn't sprayed hmm...
I wouldn't do anything to that wing dry carbon is way too pretty. Just using 303 or Kleers should be good to protect the carbon from UV damage.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:17 AM

Decided to make a video to show how the newly painted hood matches the rest of the paint on the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya14WRjrBQQ&hd=1
Old 01-25-2015, 10:42 AM

Received 435 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Decided to make a video to show how the newly painted hood matches the rest of the paint on the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya14WRjrBQQ&hd=1
I liked the part at 01:15 where you used a paint depth gauge to showcase that the paint was nearly similar between the two panels to the micron.

Very detailed video
Old 01-25-2015, 01:06 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

LOL! Even hearing the engine noise on my iPhone I can tell the difference. Hearing more mechanical sounds. Sweet!
Old 01-25-2015, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by gbaby2089
I liked the part at 01:15 where you used a paint depth gauge to showcase that the paint was nearly similar between the two panels to the micron.

Very detailed video
Yeah the paint depth gauge sure is loud though.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:01 PM

Often as a VFX artist you will find yourself rendering lots of spheres and donuts on planes to test out new materials. If creating a car paint shader what better color than Imola Orange?

I really want an obnoxiously Imola Orange S2000 for the track and my silver one for the street...
Old 01-29-2015, 05:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pls make more touge videos. Those are awesome.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like this

Old 01-31-2015, 11:32 AM

Found a good solution for securing the windshield washer tubing last night. I was looking at some different options but I realized the best option was already clipped onto the tubing. The clip that is used to clip the tubing to the OEM hood was perfect for the chop after snipping off the part that clips into the opening, and then smoothing everything out with a Dremel. Then after cleaning everything with rubbing alcohol I applied some 3M automotive mounting tape to the round flat surface of the clip, and then mounted it to the bottom of the hood.

I still need to do the same with that small piece you see in the photo. Very happy with this solution, and it seems to hold up just fine after putting the car through it's paces.

I also spent some time thoroughly cleaning my front calipers to once and for all figure out if it is in fact my brakes that are causing my slight clicking issues under heavy load with quite a bit of lock in the steering. It seems to have helped initially but the clicking slowly began to return it seems. I am starting to think it could possibly be worn compliance bushings or something like that. Since my car has 99k miles now, I think I might actually get all new suspension arms, or at least lower arms. Suspension component wear happens so slowly it is easy to just get used to parts that could be a bit worn out, so I am curious how the car will feel with new bushings all around. The simplest option to do this seems to be getting all new arms from Honda with everything ready to go, and I can get quite a good deal through my friend on OEM parts. I was considering doing the BlackTrax sphericals or stiffer Mugen or Spoon bushings, but in the end I think starting fresh with new OEM bushings is the way to do it. And about $1000 cheaper than either of those options when labor and everything is considered.

What are people's thoughts on doing new OEM arms but putting in Mugen or Spoon compliance bushings? That is also an option I am considering since those seem to be the ones that wear the most. Do you think I would see any negative side effects only having stiffer compliance bushings?

I think I will also be replacing the end links as well as the steering rack bushings.

As a side note my tool cart is one of the best purchases I have made as far as maintenance is concerned
Old 01-31-2015, 01:04 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

The compliance bushing seems to be the one of them all that wears the fastest. If I was doing it all is try to go spherical on that one and then do the rest with OEM/Spoon/Mugen.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II