Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 01-23-2015, 03:27 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1422052851' post='23479422
One thing I do need to look into is the windshield washer squirter tubing. The OEM hood has places to clip into and obviously this one doesn't, so the tubing hangs down a bit. Just need to make sure it isn't hanging down to low and too close to the engine. I am considering just removing the tubing all together since I rarely use the windshield squirters.
there are various things you could buy that just attach with adhesive and should hold the tubing:

Ah perfect. I will look into this. I think something like this would work fine, just have to try it out to see if there is too much heat from the engine for the adhesive to stay stuck.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bullwings
How does the car drive when pushed a bit through the turns?

I imagine with the extra down force generated by both the bumper and hood, you should feel something at higher speeds.
I will be testing this out tonight. I feel like just the bumper did have a small impact at high speeds. But all the driving I have done with the the bumper has been in very cold ambient temps and varying grip levels. So it's hard to get a real feel for how much of an impact it makes.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:01 PM

Received 126 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by Bullwings' timestamp='1422055035' post='23479458
How does the car drive when pushed a bit through the turns?

I imagine with the extra down force generated by both the bumper and hood, you should feel something at higher speeds.
I will be testing this out tonight. I feel like just the bumper did have a small impact at high speeds. But all the driving I have done with the the bumper has been in very cold ambient temps and varying grip levels. So it's hard to get a real feel for how much of an impact it makes.
Maybe I will see you on the mountain then...
Old 01-23-2015, 05:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by Trustd_1' timestamp='1422034250' post='23479045
paint & bodywork look very good. why not get some hood struts, instead of using the unsightly OEM hood prop though? i certainly wouldn't want to modify the hood to keep it.
I don't really find anything unsightly about the OEM hood prop. It works great weighs nothing, and is simple. I looked into struts but there just isn't really any actual benefit, and none of them are really made for a hood that is this light. I won't need to modify the hood for the solution I have in might. And really for any normal working environment without wind the way the hood is propped open in the pictures is fine really.Another option I looked into was mounting a small carbon fiber telescoping rod near the radiator support at the front that could be raised when needed, but the hood prop works fine.One thing I do need to look into is the windshield washer squirter tubing. The OEM hood has places to clip into and obviously this one doesn't, so the tubing hangs down a bit. Just need to make sure it isn't hanging down to low and too close to the engine. I am considering just removing the tubing all together since I rarely use the windshield squirters.
the OEM hood prop isn't a large piece, but engine bays look much cleaner and finished w/out them. most higher end cars use them. it's a small thing, but being able to pop your hood and just get to work w/out having to take the extra steps of lifting the prop and navigating it into the hole in the hood is surprisingly satisfying. they do have applications for carbon hoods too. i forget which companies make them though.

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1422052851' post='23479422
One thing I do need to look into is the windshield washer squirter tubing. The OEM hood has places to clip into and obviously this one doesn't, so the tubing hangs down a bit. Just need to make sure it isn't hanging down to low and too close to the engine. I am considering just removing the tubing all together since I rarely use the windshield squirters.
there are various things you could buy that just attach with adhesive and should hold the tubing:
exactly what i was going to suggest. just browse the fastener & tie down sections at your local auto or home improvement store. i'm sure you should be able to find a sufficient solution. 3M makes a plethora of automotive grade adhesives, so no worries about the tubing management coming unfastened.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
exactly what i was going to suggest. just browse the fastener & tie down sections at your local auto or home improvement store. i'm sure you should be able to find a sufficient solution. 3M makes a plethora of automotive grade adhesives, so no worries about the tubing management coming unfastened.
Yeah I should be able to just use 2 little adhesive tubing clips on the underside of the hood. Simple and effective solution.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:49 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Your car keeps making me possibly want some bronze CEs.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Yeah they look incredibly good, I think it's the first s2k spec set that look perfect.

Andrew I watched the vid again, what app was that on your phone? Assuming it's a dB reading app.. looked pretty neat.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

btw, not to police you, but just be aware that vid footage, incl in-cabin recordings that show the speedo, can but used against you in certain cases. i doubt you'll ever find yourself in such a position, but social media & other internet activity are highly scrutinized nowadays. just a professional courtesy. i see it happen quite often.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:22 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Dude, bring that shit out to Milpitas tonight, KTHANKSBYE!
Old 01-23-2015, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
Your car keeps making me possibly want some bronze CEs.
Get bronze ZE40s!

Originally Posted by s1mba
^ Yeah they look incredibly good, I think it's the first s2k spec set that look perfect.

Andrew I watched the vid again, what app was that on your phone? Assuming it's a dB reading app.. looked pretty neat.
You wouldn't believe the number of people who think my name is Andre Whake, so I applaud you for saying my actual first name. Yeah just a simple app called dB Meter. Works well enough and can be calibrated. You can see the difference in levels even just rolling up the windows.

Another difference in sound with the hood is the horn, I was pretty used to it being at a certain level, the first time I locked the car with the new hood it scared the shit out of me.

I have started to make plans to get the exhaust on the car as well as the intake.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II