Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Mom's Mugen S2000 built

Old 08-02-2019, 07:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HawkeyeGeoff
Fantastic. Next time I'm in Hong Kong I'll have to give you a shout, I usually try to vacation there for a few days when we are heading to Taiwan or Zhangzhou.
Sure anytime, just need to be at HK because my business is always HK China

Originally Posted by Uglyobesegamer
Loving the oem parts, clean builds all around.
thank you, I am now deciding on the Ohlin coils and mugen hood. Seems the hood is too aggressive for my mom, and I want to paint it. If I do paint it, I will buy seibon mg hood instead because is such a waste to paint the mugen one.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:21 PM

New parts came in. Needed to wait for the shift boot a bit because it was back ordered, but finally its here. As a matter of fact, the shift knob was suppose to be the first mod.

OEM cr shift boot and knob also 4 piece new Honda access mats. My mom picked up the parts, but she didnt take pic of it after properly installed.

At the border waiting now is Mugen header and Evasive HFC

That then this yr I am done until next

Old 08-22-2019, 06:21 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Nice build! Too bad I won't be visiting HK anytime soon, I'd love to get a ride in your Vellfire. The GT4 is . It's so hard to find a red Porsche locally.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by alSpeed2k
Nice build! Too bad I won't be visiting HK anytime soon, I'd love to get a ride in your Vellfire. The GT4 is . It's so hard to find a red Porsche locally.
Thx, hopefully see you in the Vancouver meet.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:30 PM

A preview of a series of pictures to come. OEM CR trunk and spoiler done.

Old 09-04-2019, 04:57 PM

So its been over a week since i got the parts installed and I traveled back to Vancouver. Just been lazy to upload pictures and post.

Its been a very nice trip, every day sunny and able to drive top down.

Brought the car back to Honda dealership and installed the following:
- Mugen Headers with heat shield
- Evasive HFC
- CR Shift knob
- CR Shift boot
- Honda Access 4 piece mats

Ending my trip with a fairly large local meet. It was amazing to meet all those Vancouver S2K owners, everyone was really cool. Hopefully next time back we can do a cruise together!

Here is the Mugen header fully packed. I asked the mechanic to take the photos for me, so they aren't the best quality but it will do.

So after everything installed, I decided to take my Mom for a drive and see what she thinks. Apparently she loves it, think it looks better than stock. During her drive her comment was, R888R feels great, much more stable than original stock tires. In addition, she also thought the header and HFC added power. I don't know mainly because I don't drive the car enough, but the sound is deeper and once hit in vtec is louder. I now feel the vtec kick being stronger. Overall is a lot more fun with the new tires and full exhaust set up.

I really love the full Mugen exhaust set up. The sound isn't raspy which I hate, and it isn't very loud. In fact is funny because in the inside it is very loud, but as I was driving beside it, is quite quiet. Police wouldn't give you trouble with it, which is nice. Additionally the design of the titanium muffler and tip looks great and fill in the exhaust gap.

Overall what I am trying to achieve with this built is OEM+ Nothing too aggressive but something nicer than stock. I did consider the Mugen intake, but found out in order to make it functional, i need to cut a hole in the bumper to achieve the ram air effect, otherwise is blocking air going through it. Not going to do that.

Regarding the amber side and chrome emblem, those will be left as is. I really like the current look to it. It retains the factory look.

Here are two pics from the S2K Vancouver meet. My friend took some nice photos. Hope you guys enjoy, more pics to come.

Old 09-04-2019, 05:09 PM

Ending some pictures before I left Vancouver, a family cruise. Really love this when my parents take one of each. From FR, MR,& RR.

Feeling the difference of tires.
S2000 Toyo R888R
GT4 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2
Turbo Nitto NT01

So ending with 2 photos here.

As you can see, we love our spoilers and our R tires

Old 09-04-2019, 06:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kinesis 996
So its been over a week since i got the parts installed and I traveled back to Vancouver. Just been lazy to upload pictures and post.

Its been a very nice trip, every day sunny and able to drive top down.

Brought the car back to Honda dealership and installed the following:
- Mugen Headers with heat shield
- Evasive HFC
- CR Shift knob
- CR Shift boot
- Honda Access 4 piece mats

Ending my trip with a fairly large local meet. It was amazing to meet all those Vancouver S2K owners, everyone was really cool. Hopefully next time back we can do a cruise together!

Here is the Mugen header fully packed. I asked the mechanic to take the photos for me, so they aren't the best quality but it will do.

So after everything installed, I decided to take my Mom for a drive and see what she thinks. Apparently she loves it, think it looks better than stock. During her drive her comment was, R888R feels great, much more stable than original stock tires. In addition, she also thought the header and HFC added power. I don't know mainly because I don't drive the car enough, but the sound is deeper and once hit in vtec is louder. I now feel the vtec kick being stronger. Overall is a lot more fun with the new tires and full exhaust set up.

I really love the full Mugen exhaust set up. The sound isn't raspy which I hate, and it isn't very loud. In fact is funny because in the inside it is very loud, but as I was driving beside it, is quite quiet. Police wouldn't give you trouble with it, which is nice. Additionally the design of the titanium muffler and tip looks great and fill in the exhaust gap.

Overall what I am trying to achieve with this built is OEM+ Nothing too aggressive but something nicer than stock. I did consider the Mugen intake, but found out in order to make it functional, i need to cut a hole in the bumper to achieve the ram air effect, otherwise is blocking air going through it. Not going to do that.

Regarding the amber side and chrome emblem, those will be left as is. I really like the current look to it. It retains the factory look.

Here are two pics from the S2K Vancouver meet. My friend took some nice photos. Hope you guys enjoy, more pics to come.

Congrats on the amazing built! Great choice on parts and loving your style. The car looks awesome.

Reading up on what you wrote above about the Mugen intake. The Mugen intake is designed to work with OEM front bumper. Having the to cut the hole in the bumper is not necessary, it receives-plenty of air the way it is.

The cutting of of the hole is just an option, I guess many try to replicate the Mugen SS front bumper.

Just my my two cents, Incase you decide to go with Mugen intake. You can verify this with King Motor Sport.

Setting back and waiting on what’s next.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by tpolonyi
Congrats on the amazing built! Great choice on parts and loving your style. The car looks awesome.

Reading up on what you wrote above about the Mugen intake. The Mugen intake is designed to work with OEM front bumper. Having the to cut the hole in the bumper is not necessary, it receives-plenty of air the way it is.

The cutting of of the hole is just an option, I guess many try to replicate the Mugen SS front bumper.

Just my my two cents, Incase you decide to go with Mugen intake. You can verify this with King Motor Sport.

Setting back and waiting on what’s next.
got it, let me msg Kingsmotorsports
Old 09-05-2019, 11:01 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

That's beautiful!

Quick Reply: Mom's Mugen S2000 built