Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

GPW AP2 Type-S Build

Old 04-07-2014, 09:17 PM
Community Organizer

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

Thanks guys for the comments. I'm really happy how the car is at the moment, but modding never ends for this car. Soon it'll just keep evolving into something special.

Originally Posted by xoz
Love your Type S build, you've inspired me to do my SSM, can you tell me where you got the Type S rear trunk badge from? Link?Thanks in advance.
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...ode=MISC_BADGE

Evasive sells the badge. Only the truly worthy may wear it, lol

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
Baron if you are looking to sell your CR suspension I have a buyer for you.
It probably won't happen yet...the right conditions have to be set in order for me to obtain the KWV3's, and to deal with the extra cost and maintenance for a true coilover setup. Hopefully it'll happen soon.

Some new pics to add to the collection. I love how the hardtop makes it easy to plant a GoPro and get some cool looking angles that was not possible with a softtop.

And a video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ig6MPKoHk
skip to 0:45 for some tunnel goodness.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you didnt have to add that white vinyl on the windshield frame, the black around the frame is actually vinyl, if you peel off the black vinyl it is painted oem white underneath
Old 04-08-2014, 11:55 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by CarBoN
you didnt have to add that white vinyl on the windshield frame, the black around the frame is actually vinyl, if you peel off the black vinyl it is painted oem white underneath
I did that on purpose so I could go back to black if I wanted to.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:25 PM

you are my clone.. thanks for liking my ride on norcal s2k
Old 02-09-2015, 09:09 PM
Community Organizer

It's been some time since my last update. I'll add some pics here to show the new drop with the Swift Spec-R springs on the OEM CR suspension. Due to the drop, I had to sell-off the lip protector since it was getting banged up from the driveway.

My next plans are to get some Recaros or Brides, as it's been due for some new seats. I'm likely to sell the Clazzio seat covers, but I don't quite want to sell the OEM seats because it would seem to be so difficult to find '06 seats for sale used around the Bay Area. And although this CR/Type S stage is complete, I feel like I want to get the next set of upgrades. Here's some more upgrades/updates I've added:

The sweet OEM Premium floormats from the group buy thread, and the re-wrapped Alcantra Steering wheel by EuroBoutique. These are really nice to have, but I should have gone with a seat upgrade first, and I'll try to get to that this year, I hope
Old 02-10-2015, 06:49 PM

Looks awesome! I like the swift spec-r on CR suspension. Do you rub at all during hard cornering?
Old 02-10-2015, 08:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, people buy parts from S4play. I've seen it all.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:31 PM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebring AP1
I do really like the part, just not the price that comes with it. Unfortunate that JPM has stopped wrapping steering wheels. s4play just so happens to fill that gap.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:10 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by abalagurak
Looks awesome! I like the swift spec-r on CR suspension. Do you rub at all during hard cornering?
No, I have not had an issue with bottoming out or rubbing. The car certainly feels capable even when encountering hairpin turns.

Originally Posted by Sebring AP1
Originally Posted by kryptonite
I do really like the part, just not the price that comes with it. Unfortunate that JPM has stopped wrapping steering wheels. s4play just so happens to fill that gap.
Yea, it was not cheap, but since there wasn't a lot of options when it came to replacing the wheel, and it was installed locally in his shop very quick and easy, I feel it was a necessary addition. The OEM wheel before had lots of scuffs and wear from before I had owned the car. The Alcantara material is quite nice and I love the look of it.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:58 PM
Community Organizer

Realized I haven't really updated this thread in a while. Here's a few recent photo's I've done with my S2000.

Quick Reply: GPW AP2 Type-S Build