Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red

Old 01-20-2020 | 04:06 PM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 1993
She looks absolutely amazing, @Feezy!
Originally Posted by sam_spider
Gorgeous
Thank you both! I'm so excited with how the car as come together. I've been waiting years to get it to this point.
Old 01-22-2020 | 05:12 PM
Site Moderator
10 Year Member

It's so good to see that lip finally painted. What was that 6 years ago now? The car looks amazing. So subtle but very unique.
Old 01-24-2020 | 10:13 AM

So good. Excited to see some more photos
Old 01-25-2020 | 06:56 AM

F*!*&ing sick dude!! Looks amazingly good
Old 01-27-2020 | 07:27 AM
10 Year Member

Need more photos!!!
Old 09-18-2020 | 09:48 AM
Site Moderator
15 Year Member

Pretty sure an update is warranted....

The following 2 users liked this post by sam_spider:
Bullwings (09-18-2020), Feezy (10-12-2020)
Old 09-20-2020 | 07:18 PM

Feezy, s2ki's #1 procrastinator
The following users liked this post:
Feezy (10-12-2020)
Old 05-24-2021 | 01:04 PM
20 Year Member

04.03.2018 - Gears Lip & Amuse Hood Mock-up.

Lets do some catching up. I don't think I ever posted these, and with everything now painted it's probably time. This was a mock up and test fit of all the spare body panels before the car went off to paint. I wanted to see how everything looked together.

You can see in a few of the wheel well pictures that there is a screw holding the lip on. That screw is only present on one side, otherwise the lip is just sitting on the bumper. The original Gear lip was designed with metal tabs fiberglassed into the edges of the lip that you bent around the bumper and put a screw through to secure it on each side. This worked ok, but the tabs didn't last multiple bends. On both of my lips all but one tab had broken off. I knew when I painted them I would need to come up with a better solution for this. I think these pictures really show off the shape of the original Gears lip. It's vastly different than the popular "Gears" lip that everyone seems to have these days. It's much more streamlined and simple, and the way it rounds around and under the edged of the bumper really make it for me. You'll also notice that the fitment is excellent. Like I said it's just sitting on the bumper with one screw holding it on one edge.

The shape of the hood with the lip was worked fantastic together. In these pictures I hadn't adjusted the hood yet.

sam_spider (05-25-2021)
Old 05-25-2021 | 05:58 AM

Oh my dear god. I've not yet come across your build log, but seeing all these images of immaculate suspension arms, refurbished brakes and replaced bushings makes me want to restore my S2000 to former glory as well.
I'm absolutely in love with this car.
Old 05-25-2021 | 07:13 AM
20 Year Member

11.22.2019 - Powerhouse Amuse Dry Carbon Hood

Having had the FRP hood and getting to play with it for a bit there were a few things about it I wasn't happy with. I had been struggling to get the car painted as well. Multiple times I had packed the car and the parts off, sent it all to a body shop, and for various reasons I had to put those plans on hold. Since I take forever to get anything done by this time Amuse is no longer in business. They have the legal dispute over the name, and whoever has control over the company by this point is tuning out the FRP hoods as fast as they can. I wanted to upgrade to a Dry Carbon but after seeing the differences in the newest batch of FRP hoods compared to mine I was unsure of dropping that kind of money without confirmation of what I was getting. At this time Warren decided to part out his car. I saw a post on here in his build thread and messaged him about the hood. We talked for a day and with some convincing from the wife pulled the trigger. I sent him a deposit and started to figure out how to drive out there and bring it back. At the same time I had been talking to another S2000 owner on Instagram who was interested in my FRP hood. He happened to live an hour or so from Warren. I explained that I'd be out there this coming weekend, and if he wanted the hood I'd being it with me and install it on his car for him. I coordinated with Warren and he was kind enough to let us use his house as the meeting point.

I took some measurements of the hood and then went to Enterprise with a tape measure and explained I needed a vehicle that had specific measurements in the back to transport something. After measuring a few vehicles I settled on a mini-van of some sort that I could fold the entire back 2/3rds of the car flat. I then went and bought a couple of foam noodles you float on in the pool and cut a slit down the sides. I used those to wrap all the way around the delicate edges of the hood, and added hooks to the back so that I could secure it to the floor. It worked perfectly. Both hoods made the trip without issue. We met up at Warrens house, I swapped my hood and custom catch onto one car, and loaded up my new hood and headed home.

Once home the hood was a bit dirty with a bit of minor surface rusting on the hinge. I cleaned the hinge and tossed it on the car with a new OEM catch. The dry cabon version of the hood is phenomenal. Like I mentioned earlier there were a few items that I was unhappy with on the FRP version and none of those issues were present on the new hood. It's a pretty awesome feeling to finally get your hands on a holy grail part like this that you've been wanting for almost 20 years. One by one I have been checking all the bucket list parts off of my list.

sam_spider (05-25-2021)

Quick Reply: Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red