Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red

Old 12-03-2019 | 05:00 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Feezy
I'm trying to figure out how to add some tables into the above posts. I have all the part numbers for the bushing sets and complete suspension hardware order in case anyone ever wants/or needs it, but S2KI is not cooperating.

If you don't see the information there now check back later, I'll figure it out and get it updated.
Screenshot the table and post it like a photo.
The following users liked this post:
1993 (12-03-2019)
Old 12-03-2019 | 11:41 AM

I had the same pulling to the right on accel/left while lifting issue a few years ago. Replaced my torn OEM bushings with Spoon ones and everything went back to normal, well better than normal because my bushings were shot when I got the car. Was a total pain in the dick to track down though.

How long did the suspension refresh/refinish take you?
Old 12-03-2019 | 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by JamesD89
I had the same pulling to the right on accel/left while lifting issue a few years ago. Replaced my torn OEM bushings with Spoon ones and everything went back to normal, well better than normal because my bushings were shot when I got the car. Was a total pain in the dick to track down though.

at the rate @Feezy is posting we’ll find out in a month. I can only imagine how long the actual replacement took ..
Old 12-03-2019 | 12:21 PM

Nice post bb. Miss reading the forum posts like this.
Old 12-03-2019 | 12:44 PM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by JamesD89

Actually time working on the project, or waiting for parts, probably a couple of weeks. Real time... probably 4-6 months. I'm not entirely sure, I was doing dates based off of the photos creation dates, but they went from January to November which seems much longer than I remember it taking.. I'll be able to give you a more accurate estimate next time as I'd like to replace the bushings on the CR at some point and if I do that I'll be knocking it out quickly versus what I did here.

Originally Posted by Tsxtx
at the rate @Feezy is posting we’ll find out in a month. I can only imagine how long the actual replacement took ..
Hah! I've been making pretty regular updates over the last week!
Old 12-03-2019 | 12:53 PM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by SHG_Mike
Thanks Mike! I also miss the big indepth build threads and the activity on the forums in general.

It's just so much more effort to take, process, and then sort pictures, upload the good ones, pay a yearly fee to unlimited storage, type something up, format it, ect, ect, when I can just take a quick picture and post it on Instagram with minimal effort.
Old 12-03-2019 | 07:23 PM
20 Year Member

11.06.2018 - Suspension Install

Install was straight forward. With all the hardware in the OEM packaging it's easy to make sure the right bolts were installed into the correct spots. I think I spent the better part of a day assembling the car. Once it was all together I went through every single nut and bolt from front to back making sure they were tight. Everything was installed loose and then tightened with the arms at resting ride height. I also took the time to wire wheel and strip all the surface rust off all of the wheel hubs, and then painted them satin black to help prevent future rust. I set up my heat lamps and let them bake for a few hours. After the hubs were dry next up were the new calipers and rotors. I also had a set of Science of Speed stainless lines that I had been sitting on for a while so they went in as well. I had also purchased a set of J's half-shaft spacers a few years before hand that I found for a deal, and the car was starting to exhibit some of the vibrations from the rear end over 75mph so I installed them all along with the J's hardware and a couple of drops of blue Loctite.

You'll also notice in the pictures that the fender liners look new, it's because they are. Mine were originals that started slipping and cracking so I purchased a new set to replace them. They were trimmed and installed along with everything else. I also replaced the axle nuts in the rear with new ones and torqued them down to the new higher suggested specs.

The following users liked this post:
Live Fast (12-04-2019)
Old 12-04-2019 | 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by SHG_Mike
This! Forums are dying because of terrible Facebook pages. Keep this up.
The following 4 users liked this post by //steve\\:
adrs2k (12-06-2019), awhit17 (12-04-2019), chrisaltima (12-04-2019), sam_spider (12-04-2019)
Old 12-04-2019 | 08:07 AM
Site Moderator
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by //steve\\
This! Forums are dying because of terrible Facebook pages. Keep this up.
Agree.

Hell of an update
Old 12-04-2019 | 09:31 AM

Amazing build and attention to detail!

Quick Reply: Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red