Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red

Old 01-14-2016 | 03:36 PM

Funny you mention that you had wanted to change the trumpets and move to the sausage filter. That's exactly what I've been thinking about doing with them. The filter oil from the Uni's is all over the underside of my hood, which I hate. Plus I think the sausage filters flat out look better.
Old 01-14-2016 | 04:03 PM

this car really makes me want to beat my dick into submission.

i mean i really like it a lot.
Old 01-14-2016 | 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jack_in_the_Box
this car really makes me want to beat my dick into submission.

i mean i really like it a lot.
GRAPHIC. I LIKE IT.
Old 01-18-2016 | 06:22 AM

Dank bild bro.
Old 01-18-2016 | 11:49 AM
Community Organizer

In 4 part out.
Old 01-18-2016 | 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bad1flip
Feezy, inspiring the s2000 community since 2003.
Lol.
Waiting on this sweet build Feezy!
Old 01-19-2016 | 03:20 AM

Pics
Old 01-19-2016 | 06:59 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
Do you even like your car anymore, Feezy?
I do. It's still my favorite, but it's down for now. I pulled it apart to start cleaning it and changing some things up and I lost motivation half way into the project. I have some things I'm trying to make happen but I'm not sure if they are going to pan out.

Originally Posted by Dreaming_S2k
He's probably just living that OEM CR lyfe now.
The CR is fine, and the OEM lyfe is great. I can't say that the CR isn't part of the problem but it's not for the reasons you might think. I have a car to get to work and run errands, and then I have the CR to take out for weekends/drives. The AP1 is the third option at this point, and that doesn't motivate me much to get it back together and back on the road. It really needs to happen sometime soon, but I've got some other things going on right now that I'm focusing on.

Originally Posted by s2sik
This car is on my short list of all time favorites
Thank you!

Originally Posted by David C
Funny you mention that you had wanted to change the trumpets and move to the sausage filter. That's exactly what I've been thinking about doing with them. The filter oil from the Uni's is all over the underside of my hood, which I hate. Plus I think the sausage filters flat out look better.
That is one of the reasons that I wanted to move to the sausage filters. I also had the oil all over the coolant lines and everything else in that area of the engine bay. I also think they look way better, I just never got around to making the swap.

Originally Posted by Jack_in_the_Box
this car really makes me want to beat my dick into submission.i mean i really like it a lot.
Ilu BB

Originally Posted by ap2 jared
Originally Posted by Jack_in_the_Box' timestamp='1452819780' post='23852712
this car really makes me want to beat my dick into submission.i mean i really like it a lot.
GRAPHIC. I LIKE IT.

Originally Posted by TooSoon
Dank bild bro.
TY BB!

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
In 4 part out.
Nah.

Well, maybe. Finding another AP1 that is in the condition that mine is would be next to impossible. For that reason alone I don't think I'll ever get rid of it.

Originally Posted by jst2878
Pics
I won't have pics for a while. The car is in pieces right now and I need to put it back together. Once it's done rest assured I'll have Adrs2k shoot it.

If we're being honest half the damn problem is I don't have the parts I want right now. I put in the order for all of the Toda ITBs and their related parts only to be told that everything is on back order or indefinite back order. Part of the reason I sold my ITBs in the first place was so that I could put together a new set up and the Todas were on my short list, mostly due to the carbon surge tank. After placing the order for everything I was told the ITBs were 6-7 months out on back order which I was willing to wait for, but Toda wouldn't guarantee they would ever produce any more Surge Tanks and they are currently out of stock. I'll keep following up with them but that took the wind out of my sails so to speak.

Not only that but I've been trying to get the lips and a few spare bumpers painted, and it's harder than I thought to connect with a painter. I can't believe how difficult is it to find someone who does things correctly. I have one lead but no ETA on when that will pan out.
Old 01-19-2016 | 04:28 PM

id be pissed.
good thing you have a CR in a color you hate so much
Old 06-02-2016 | 08:53 AM
20 Year Member

I've been working on putting the AP1 back together. I'll work up an actual update here in a while, but this is how she sits with the new suspension and the new wheels.

NFR S2000 by Adrs2k, on Flickr

Quick Reply: Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red