Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red

Old 11-17-2015 | 04:49 AM

update?
Old 11-17-2015 | 06:29 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by AE_Racer
update?
A whole lot of nothing. Once I took the ITBs off of the car it lost it's uniqueness. Now anytime I go to drive one of the S2000s I take the CR. It's not low, it doesn't have aggressive wheels, and I can just drive it wherever I want without much worry.

I think the cars been down for over a year now. I'll take it around the block every few weeks to keep it fresh, and the oil gets changed regularly, but that's about the extent of the action the car has seen. It's on OEM Suspension, a set of OEM wheels, the front bumper is off, and as of the last few week it's been on stands because I was going to try to fit some brakes to the car but I don't know if I really want to deal with the hassle of running a 10mm spacer and some extended studs, not to mention dealing with fender clearance.

I'm currently trying to figure out what I really want to do with my S2000s. Some days I want to sell them and get something else, other days I want to start buying parts for the AP1 and start making some progress towards putting it all back together. I'm pretty sure I'll end up sticking with them, I just need to figure out what direction I want to go with my AP1. I could sit here all day and write a novel on my thoughts, but nobody wants to read that.

One of these days I'll figure it out.

I will say that I would really like to put another set of ITBs on the car at some point. It's going to be a ways off, but that's the dream.
Old 11-17-2015 | 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Feezy
Originally Posted by AE_Racer' timestamp='1447768142' post='23805605
update?
A whole lot of nothing. Once I took the ITBs off of the car it lost it's uniqueness. Now anytime I go to drive one of the S2000s I take the CR. It's not low, it doesn't have aggressive wheels, and I can just drive it wherever I want without much worry.

I think the cars been down for over a year now. I'll take it around the block every few weeks to keep it fresh, and the oil gets changed regularly, but that's about the extent of the action the car has seen. It's on OEM Suspension, a set of OEM wheels, the front bumper is off, and as of the last few week it's been on stands because I was going to try to fit some brakes to the car but I don't know if I really want to deal with the hassle of running a 10mm spacer and some extended studs, not to mention dealing with fender clearance.

I'm currently trying to figure out what I really want to do with my S2000s. Some days I want to sell them and get something else, other days I want to start buying parts for the AP1 and start making some progress towards putting it all back together. I'm pretty sure I'll end up sticking with them, I just need to figure out what direction I want to go with my AP1. I could sit here all day and write a novel on my thoughts, but nobody wants to read that.

I will say that I would really like to put another set of ITBs on the car at some point. It's going to be a ways off, but that's the dream.
I was going to suggest putting the ITB's back on, seeing as how you seemed to enjoy having them before. Were there any bugs with the last setup that prompted you to go back to the stock intake manifold?
Old 11-17-2015 | 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Feezy
I don't need my build thread to help other people track down all the parts that make my car unique.

I try to be helpful, but not that helpful.
#1of1
Old 11-25-2015 | 07:04 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by King Tut
Originally Posted by Feezy' timestamp='1440882264' post='23730644
I don't need my build thread to help other people track down all the parts that make my car unique.

I try to be helpful, but not that helpful.
#1of1
#1of1
Old 11-25-2015 | 07:23 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by baZurk
Originally Posted by Feezy' timestamp='1447774171' post='23805702
[quote name='AE_Racer' timestamp='1447768142' post='23805605']
update?

I was going to suggest putting the ITB's back on, seeing as how you seemed to enjoy having them before. Were there any bugs with the last setup that prompted you to go back to the stock intake manifold?
[/quote]

There weren't bugs so much as there were things I was unhappy with that I had planned to address but never got around to dealing with. Some of the things were cosmetic, like swapping the trimmed trumpets for a set of unmodified trumpets and running them with the sausage filter. Others were simple like re-plumbing the vacuum lines off of the manifold so they were all the same length. At some point I wanted to upgrade the vacuum block to something bigger to see if I could get a stronger MAP signal.

I started to add up the things I wanted to change, and decided that maybe it would be better if I just sold my kit and went with a different kit, since I really wasn't experiencing any problems with my current set up. I haven't seen any back to backs with people swapping ITB kits and I was hoping that it would add some value to the community one day if I could share things that I learned by comparing a few of the popular kits.

I honestly did not expect the kit to sell as fast as it did. I think it took maybe two days and I got my full asking price. At that point I had to pull them off and send them off to the new owner. I kind of regret selling them, but it is what it is. They went to a good home, and the feedback I got was wonderful. I was able to sell someone a kit that was so complete it took him a day or two to start and finish the install. I've been debating trying to put some sort of kit together for people that would contain everything they need for a specific ITB install, but I don't think there is a market there to warrant that effort.

As it sits now I'm looking at the Todas and the Urge set up. I haven't decided either way what I really want to do. My biggest reservation right now is not having a local tuner that I trust. There is one person locally that some of the guys use, but I've witnessed enough sub-par tunes from him on a few of my friends cars that I'll never let him touch my car. With the last set up I brought Vit into town, I was very pleased with his work, it just sucks to have to bring someone into town to deal with the tune.

I'll figure out what I want to do at some point. My main focus right now is getting the car drivable again. I had pulled a bunch of it apart to clean and try some new thins out on. I'm hoping I can get it drivable this weekend.
Old 12-01-2015 | 07:14 AM
15 Year Member

Can't wait for the revival of this car!!
Old 01-13-2016 | 07:21 PM

Do you even like your car anymore, Feezy?
Old 01-14-2016 | 06:32 AM

He's probably just living that OEM CR lyfe now.
Old 01-14-2016 | 06:47 AM

This car is on my short list of all time favorites

Quick Reply: Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red