Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red

Old 10-20-2014 | 06:34 PM
Community Organizer

Great, I can post picture's of Javi's car without hearing you whine about you wanting this half bumper lol. Can't wait to see it painted and on the car! Does this mean you might be..... selling.... a... gears... lip?
Old 10-20-2014 | 06:50 PM

oh nice pickup!! love the half bumper!
Old 10-20-2014 | 07:02 PM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Great, I can post picture's of Javi's car without hearing you whine about you wanting this half bumper lol. Can't wait to see it painted and on the car! Does this mean you might be..... selling.... a... gears... lip?
Possibly. I have been considering letting one of the Gears lips go. It seems insane to keep both of them stored away, but if I ever sold it, it would have to go to someone who would never let it get replicated. I have three of the replicas of my lip at my house from the previous idiot who owned the lip and I haven't done anything with them because I'm afraid those would be used for molds.

I need to have the replicas destroyed so that I can make some room for new stuff.
Old 10-20-2014 | 07:17 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Feezy
Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_' timestamp='1413858880' post='23376770
Possibly. I have been considering letting one of the Gears lips go. It seems insane to keep both of them stored away, but if I ever sold it, it would have to go to someone who would never let it get replicated. I have three of the replicas of my lip at my house from the previous idiot who owned the lip and I haven't done anything with them because I'm afraid those would be used for molds.

I need to have the replicas destroyed so that I can make some room for new stuff.
If you give me one of the replicas, I'll put it on my car when I go back to Sebring. For sure it will be destroyed then. If not, I'll be sure to take out a cone or six.
Old 10-20-2014 | 09:42 PM

Me too, you know I won't do anything but install it. I can even modify it beforehand so that everyone knows it's not reals.
Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red-aran0sp.jpg
Old 10-20-2014 | 11:55 PM

since ive been around this has always been one of my favorite cars on the site. looks amazing as always. love the attention to detail. really stoked to see the gpw CR too!
Old 10-21-2014 | 05:28 AM

Mugen half lip
Old 10-21-2014 | 06:53 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Originally Posted by Feezy' timestamp='1413860542' post='23376805
[quote name='Ricky_Flowers_' timestamp='1413858880' post='23376770']Great, I can post picture's of Javi's car without hearing you whine about you wanting this half bumper lol. Can't wait to see it painted and on the car! Does this mean you might be..... selling.... a... gears... lip?
Possibly. I have been considering letting one of the Gears lips go. It seems insane to keep both of them stored away, but if I ever sold it, it would have to go to someone who would never let it get replicated. I have three of the replicas of my lip at my house from the previous idiot who owned the lip and I haven't done anything with them because I'm afraid those would be used for molds. I need to have the replicas destroyed so that I can make some room for new stuff.
If you give me one of the replicas, I'll put it on my car when I go back to Sebring. For sure it will be destroyed then. If not, I'll be sure to take out a cone or six.
[/quote]

Originally Posted by The Internet
Me too, you know I won't do anything but install it. I can even modify it beforehand so that everyone knows it's not reals.
The replicas don't fit so well (they need some trimming to fit perfectly) but the biggest concern that I have with them is the underside. The material is very course and it will destroy the bumper underneath. I wouldn't risk mounting these to your original bumpers as the paint will be destroyed underneath the lip.
Old 10-21-2014 | 07:23 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Feezy
The replicas don't fit so well (they need some trimming to fit perfectly) but the biggest concern that I have with them is the underside. The material is very course and it will destroy the bumper underneath. I wouldn't risk mounting these to your original bumpers as the paint will be destroyed underneath the lip.
Most likely it's already destroyed. Just sayin'.
Old 10-21-2014 | 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by adrs2k
I was bored so I went and re-edited this photo...

Honda S2000 by Adrs2k, on Flickr
Honestly dude, your car looks so sick in this form you really don't need all those crazy lips haha, this makes me want to keep my oem AP1 bumper/lip instead of going to a CR setup.

Quick Reply: Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red