Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red

Old 09-01-2014 | 07:44 PM
Community Organizer

congrats on the gpw cr!
Old 09-02-2014 | 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by bouford
congrats on the gpw cr!
What he said and great color selection.
Old 09-02-2014 | 06:06 AM
15 Year Member

Baller! Nice pick up on the CR.
Old 09-02-2014 | 08:19 AM
15 Year Member

Thanks for bringing the CR over to my house this past weekend for a Saturday wrench session! I can't wait to read your write-up and see the pics. The Feezyization process has begun!!!

Can't wait for the car to get a little further along in the process so we can do some real photos.
Old 09-02-2014 | 08:32 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Thanks for bringing the CR over to my house this past weekend for a Saturday wrench session! I can't wait to read your write-up and see the pics. The Feezyization process has begun!!!

Can't wait for the car to get a little further along in the process so we can do some real photos.
I'm honestly a little surprised you two haven't done a shoot already!
Old 09-02-2014 | 08:41 AM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Originally Posted by adrs2k' timestamp='1409674791' post='23312138

I planned on doing it this past weekend, but the white CR was pretty dirty, and we spent about 8hrs straight wrenching and cleaning it. Plus, the other ABP CR did not show up. I am going to try again this coming weekend to organize a three way...photo shoot that is

Our cars did get to hangout together though and go for a cruise. I gave Feezy my car and I drove his car lol. I had more fun in his car though, just ask!
Old 09-02-2014 | 09:45 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_' timestamp='1409675547' post='23312157
[quote name='adrs2k' timestamp='1409674791' post='23312138']

I planned on doing it this past weekend, but the white CR was pretty dirty, and we spent about 8hrs straight wrenching and cleaning it. Plus, the other ABP CR did not show up. I am going to try again this coming weekend to organize a three way...photo shoot that is

Our cars did get to hangout together though and go for a cruise. I gave Feezy my car and I drove his car lol. I had more fun in his car though, just ask!
[/quote]

I looked up in the rear view mirror and I saw my car coming around the turn sideways.

I had the car cleaned up and ready for a few pictures of how it sat, but I had a PDR guy come out to my place and by the time we were done the car was trashed. The PDR guy and myself spent over four hours working on the car. I would disassemble things and he would knock the dents out. If you ever go to remove some dents from the hardtop you need to be prepared. You have to disassemble the entire thing down to the frame. It was slightly unnerving, but I got it done. Thankfully I remembered how put it all back together too!
Old 09-02-2014 | 09:50 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Feezy
Originally Posted by adrs2k' timestamp='1409676086' post='23312168
[quote name='Ricky_Flowers_' timestamp='1409675547' post='23312157']

[/quote]

I looked up in the rear view mirror and I saw my car coming around the turn sideways.

I had the car cleaned up and ready for a few pictures of how it sat, but I had a PDR guy come out to my place and by the time we were done the car was trashed. The PDR guy and myself spent over four hours working on the car. I would disassemble things and he would knock the dents out. If you ever go to remove some dents from the hardtop you need to be prepared. You have to disassemble the entire thing down to the frame. It was slightly unnerving, but I got it done. Thankfully I remembered how put it all back together too!
[/quote]

All this, and no DIY thread.....

Old 09-02-2014 | 10:05 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Originally Posted by Feezy' timestamp='1409679948' post='23312288
[quote name='adrs2k' timestamp='1409676086' post='23312168']
[quote name='Ricky_Flowers_' timestamp='1409675547' post='23312157']

[/quote]

[/quote]

All this, and no DIY thread.....

[/quote]

I'm working on it Gusy! I think it's best if I start another build thread for the new car. I'm working on typing it up right now!
Old 09-02-2014 | 11:05 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Feezy
Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer' timestamp='1409628241' post='23311441
My ideal setup is to get a CR that i can race in "stock/street" class for autox and mod the other one. And have two hardtops to switch around for fun, the CR would complete that "want"

Did you sell the Mugen ap1 exhaust????
That is pretty much what I'm going for. The CR will never be modified past the point of being useable. It's really to bad the CR isn't Apex Blue Pearl. I could throw the red hardtop on it, with some white wheels and roll around like Papa Smurf.
I wish you had found one, just so I could see that.

Quick Reply: Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red