Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red

Old 09-01-2014 | 05:00 PM
20 Year Member

Changed the license plate on the AP1...

Oh, I picked up a CR too!
Old 09-01-2014 | 05:12 PM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by official_s2k
If you decide to ever sell a set of those wheels please pm me
I sincerely doubt I'll ever part with the wheels. It's very rare these days to have a set of wheels that look great and that everybody else doesn't have. They are one of the primary pieces that my build is centered around and I won't consider parting with them until the day I have to pull the car apart and sell it.
Old 09-01-2014 | 05:16 PM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mark355
How are Griot's products? Been a Meg's guy for years.
Some of them are pretty great, while other I do not care of at all.

If you are going to give a few of the Griots products a chance I would recommend the Speed Shine, and their clay bar for sure. I really like their heavy duty wheel cleaner, undercarriage spray, and glass cleaner. They sell all of their chemicals by the gallon, so I just wait for the 15% off and free shipping promotions and stock up.

I'm also a big fan of their towels. They are pricey but they have never let me down. The nice thing with all of the Griots products is there is a lifetime warranty on everything. If my sprayers start leaking I just call them and they throw a bunch in a box and send them out to me no questions asked.
Old 09-01-2014 | 05:17 PM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Sebring AP1
Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn' timestamp='1403485007' post='23213604
Lol. Hey he is a collector not a hoarder. It's an important distinction.
False. He's stystematically making sure no ones S2000 can ever look like his.
That's the plan!
Old 09-01-2014 | 05:22 PM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by aozora
Just read through your ITB install/comments - awesome stuff!I've always wanted ITBs myself but never had the cash or knowledge to know what I'm getting myself into... great to see somebody live the dream
Thank you!

You can expect some additional updates sometime in the near future. If things go my was I'll be swapping some things up.

Originally Posted by awaxx
Dude your car is pretty inspirational. You've kept it very modest and clean...it's got that OEM clean look with just a touch of awesome. I love the car and especially the wheels!
Thank you very much! I try very hard to have a car that the enthusiasts can appreciate while at the same time my Grandfather still likes. I love the lines of the AP1, for my money it's one of the best looking cars that Honda has ever produced.
Old 09-01-2014 | 05:26 PM

When i saw the pic of the garage and 2 s2000s i was like

then i scrolled down and saw that is just happened. I thought I missed something hahahaha

Keeping the ITB's now I take it?? I watch the youtube vids of it a lot.
Old 09-01-2014 | 05:32 PM
Community Organizer

Only a matter of time until the CR is "too nice to drive"
Old 09-01-2014 | 06:45 PM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
When i saw the pic of the garage and 2 s2000s i was like then i scrolled down and saw that is just happened. I thought I missed something hahahahaKeeping the ITB's now I take it?? I watch the youtube vids of it a lot.
The ITBs are still going to be for sale at some point in the future, however they are only going to be for sale once I've switched to a different set of ITBs. I like to tinker, and I've seen very few people who did all the before and after dynos and a complete write up on an ITB set up. I think it would be really cool to now do a write of on switching from one brand of ITBs to a different brand with before and after dynos. I've never seen anybody do that and I'm hoping it would be a valuable learning experience for both myself and the community here.

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Only a matter of time until the CR is "too nice to drive"
That's not going to happen. I can't justify having two S2billions that I don't use. The AP1 is going to be the garage queen still. She gets all the junk that I spend all my time searching for, and she'll come out for meets, shows, and leisurely cruises. I love that car, more importantly I'm emotionally invested into that damn thing. I'm not going to lie, ITB's get somewhat touchy too. The CR was purchased with the intention of having a car that I can keep 'relatively' stock and drive the hell out of it.

I'm going to have to start a thread for the CR, I've done a ton of work on it in the weeks time that I have owned it. It's going to be clean as shit. I want it as close to flawless as possible, but it's going to get used. I've already signed up for an Autocross even in the coming weeks. I'm really looking forward to playing with this one.
Old 09-01-2014 | 07:24 PM

My ideal setup is to get a CR that i can race in "stock/street" class for autox and mod the other one. And have two hardtops to switch around for fun, the CR would complete that "want"

Did you sell the Mugen ap1 exhaust????
Old 09-01-2014 | 07:29 PM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
My ideal setup is to get a CR that i can race in "stock/street" class for autox and mod the other one. And have two hardtops to switch around for fun, the CR would complete that "want"

Did you sell the Mugen ap1 exhaust????
That is pretty much what I'm going for. The CR will never be modified past the point of being useable. It's really to bad the CR isn't Apex Blue Pearl. I could throw the red hardtop on it, with some white wheels and roll around like Papa Smurf.

I did sell the exhaust quite a while ago. My roommate wanted it, and I really wanted 100% stock baseline dynos before starting the ITB build. I'm after another exhaust, but it's going to have to wait for a little bit.

Quick Reply: Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red