Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red

Old 09-11-2013 | 08:12 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by //steve\\
What is your car lowered on?
I'm currently on Tein Flex, but I would really like to swap to something else.
Old 09-14-2013 | 08:39 PM

update on the lip?
Old 09-16-2013 | 06:01 AM
Gold Member (Premium)
10 Year Member

Just read through your thread and damn. Beautiful build, glad to see you have your lip and cant wait to see it once its done.

Keep it up.
Old 09-25-2013 | 04:46 PM
20 Year Member

Gears lip is on hold for a little bit. I had a few other things fall into my lap that I want to focus on getting done first. I figure I'll get the lip situated and painted in the coming months.

Labor Day weekend we had a quick photo shoot and from it I got a few pictures of my car that I wanted to share.

It was a sunny day and I'm told shooting my car in direct sunlight is a real pain in the ass.

While these aren't the best pictures ever of the car it has been a while since I've posted up new pictures so I figured it couldn't hurt to post them up. I really like the angles, and style of a few of them anyway. I need to go out with Adam again sometime soon and try to recreate a few of these.

I still have a few more pictures that I need to upload. Once I get them uploaded I will post them up.

A big than you to AdrS2k @ Dat_Boi for the pictures.
Old 09-25-2013 | 11:08 PM

looking great as always! shame the lip is on hold, was looking forward to the progress.

Time to remove the windshield tape? You seem to roll with the HT on all the time? Some side diffusers would have helped the second shot too

One last comment, have you got weatherstrip round your headlights or something? Cant remember mine looking like that and my FN2 definitely doesn't

anyhoo, awesome!
Old 09-26-2013 | 06:54 AM
20 Year Member

I kind of like the black windshield frame. It breaks up all of the red, but most importantly I'm to scared to ever pull the tape. There is the possibility that the paint is not finished properly underneath the tape and I'm not willing to take that risk. I used to be such a hardcore top down guy but man, ever since that hard top showed up at the house it's almost never come off of the car.

I don't think I'll ever rock side diffusers, I just don't like them at all. I think they looks very out of place on cars, like they we're an afterthought. I've been debating painting that pinch wheld with a black rubberized spray but I kind of like being able to see it in pictures. That's one of the details where you can really see how incredibly clean my car is.

My headlights just have all of the OEM stuff. There is a thin black plastic strip that covers maybe 2/3rd's of the headlight, but that piece is on my OEM lights too. I've had that piece on all the S2000 headlights I've had over the years and it's all factory.

I'm very excited to get the Gears lip on the car, but it's not going to happen right away. I have two other things I'm trying to get done right now, but I promise you won't be disappointed.
Old 09-26-2013 | 12:23 PM
Site Moderator
10 Year Member

Old 09-26-2013 | 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Feezy
I kind of like the black windshield frame. It breaks up all of the red, but most importantly I'm to scared to ever pull the tape. There is the possibility that the paint is not finished properly underneath the tape and I'm not willing to take that risk.
I hear that man, the last thing i want to do is peel it of and welcome a new paint bill lol.

the new shots look good that first one if hottttttt!
Old 09-27-2013 | 07:45 AM

Love the new photos!
Old 09-27-2013 | 09:51 AM

loving the JDM headlights!

Quick Reply: Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red