Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Corey Maurer going LS1! Updated 8/7

Old 11-14-2011, 04:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

want more...
Old 11-14-2011, 06:24 PM

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, been busy with a wedding, near end of semester projects, fixing other people's crap, and waiting for an extra air tank I apparently never even ordered lol

But I did finally get an invoice from my powdercoater payed the man and stuff is getting shipped tomorrow, I'll be running

Candy hawaain teal with a super chrome base and extra clear coat on top on the valve cover, turbo, velocity stack, and Intercooler pipes

Matte black on the spark cover (with polished letters) intake manifold, fuel rail, and miscellaneous brackets, I also plan on matte black ceramic for the hotside of the turbo, manifold, and downlile in the near future
Old 11-30-2011, 06:57 AM

Got my head from Laskey Racing today! Pics speak for themselves, and I can not say enough positive things about Mikes communication and service! Top NOTCH stuff right here!

Supertech SS Valves
Supertech Dual Valve Springs
Supertech Ti Retainers
Supertech Bronze Valve Guides
Supertech Keepers

Old 11-30-2011, 08:27 AM

ChaseBays just got me the tracking number for my harness! Exactly 2 weeks turn around time! So excited
Old 11-30-2011, 09:11 AM

Keep up the good work Corey
Old 11-30-2011, 09:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Corey, thanks for sharing first and foremost - really good to see what you're doing.

I think at face value, doing a wire tuck is apparently easy. However, once you get past the simple things, all of a sudden, you're faced with some damn challenging issues. And the fixes aren't always as cosmetically appealing as you anticipate - i've been researching it to hell.

Very different approach in a few areas, yet still very good to read about. The thing i've yet to see, is two-fold. Firstly, this kind of clean tuck on a car with turret re-enforcements, fire extinguisher system etc and a tuck on a car that has a sound system and a boosted setup - so where can you move the battery to if you've replaced the stock item with something physically larger and heavier.

Please keep us updated
Old 11-30-2011, 09:37 AM

Turret reinforcements? As in in the engine bay? Not necessary,.. I will be running a 4 inch round bar in place of the stock crossmember my battery is in the spar tire hole in a custom bracket.. But I don't get your post really lol
Old 11-30-2011, 09:38 AM

This car will also have a fire extinguisher.. Way to much heat and custom wiring to chance it
Old 11-30-2011, 09:50 AM

excellent job corey. i like the flex fuel icon on the rear, and the air box you got going around the intercooler. everything else is obviously awesome. i like to see well-put time into an S without "ghettoing" it. lol
Old 11-30-2011, 09:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am referring to every single serious track built s2k which has re-enforcement around the base of the turret. I'm not referring to the cross-member that lives between the chassis legs. Thanks for the tip on the spare tyre well - not sure if my battery would fit there but handy all the same.

Is your fire extinguisher due to be plumbed in?

Quick Reply: Corey Maurer going LS1! Updated 8/7