Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Corey Maurer going LS1! Updated 8/7

Old 04-05-2012, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know, MVP is helping me with lodging a complaint! Doubt it'll do anything but worth letting them know I guess
Old 04-05-2012, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Corey Maurer
I know, MVP is helping me with lodging a complaint! Doubt it'll do anything but worth letting them know I guess
yea thats pretty gay.

now rush that damn thing over to the shop and lets see this thing painted already. im anxiously waiting. lol
Old 04-06-2012, 05:52 AM

No rush, this car will ever be "rushed" I used to rush things, and there was always something didn't like about the end result when I did, car will be done when it's done, I'm not stressing! But on the other hand, I would give my left nut to see how this paint comes out! Haha
Old 04-06-2012, 05:58 AM

so stoked to see your car come out of paint corey! bumper looks great. shitty deal about the wait time though.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Corey Maurer
No rush, this car will ever be "rushed" I used to rush things, and there was always something didn't like about the end result when I did, car will be done when it's done, I'm not stressing! But on the other hand, I would give my left nut to see how this paint comes out! Haha
if no rush then why complain abou the bumper wait? just thought if you were in that much of a hurry to get the bumper you would be in a hurry to get it to the shop. idk, never said anything about rushing the work on it. lmao idk where you got that.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:58 AM

Why the wait? Because if it takes a bit longer due to come thing needing be made or work
To be done, so be it... But a month to receiVe an "in stock" item and be given a bullshit reason as to why is unacceptable
Old 05-13-2012, 11:57 AM

WELL, Finally got to go check on the work they are doing.. 90 percent of it will go unnoticed but they are doing an AMAZING job, the trunk is all shaved (they say there is still a ripple they are going to fix but I cant seem to find it lmao) The front end is about 80 percent fitted, they still arent happy with the bumper to headlight gap all the way so they are working that a bit more today, the rear flares have been mocked up and are ready to go on, they are going to roll the quarters out to the inside of the flares for a perfect flush look..

The rear quarters, doors, and hood are going in primer today, I am having some spray outs done so I cna pick my exact color Wednesday, then the jams, bay, and trunk are being sprayed this next weekend (too bad Ill be in Florida!!) And the car should for sure be done end of May, these two are doing an AMAZING job on my car and the wait is already worth it.. onto the pictures..

Couple shots of the fully shaved trunk..

Hood Gap looking great!

Headlight to fender gap looking great! (these things were pretty bowed before they were worked)

Room for good ole 275s!!

Plenty of room for 255s up front

And a little walk around of the front end

Front shot, I love the parts I chose, front end is exactly what I hoped for!
Old 05-13-2012, 01:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-13-2012, 04:46 PM

good update.. can't wait to see more corey!!
Old 05-13-2012, 05:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

More info on the rear setup (over fenders, plus bumper extension, etc.)?

Quick Reply: Corey Maurer going LS1! Updated 8/7