Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Corey Maurer going LS1! Updated 8/7

Old 01-27-2012, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no doubt. mine was just over their Brake booster delete plate. lol not too custom their. but i agree on the harness.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:13 AM

What was Wrong with it? I ordered one
Old 01-27-2012, 10:44 AM

Thanks man, thats a good setup
Old 01-27-2012, 10:53 AM

lets hope! from everything I read they are the best tire for the money.. I ran RT615ks last year and LOVED them, but for alsmot 200 a tire, im gonna have to pass
Old 01-27-2012, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Corey Maurer
What was Wrong with it? I ordered one
I was to get a new black plate with chasebays on it before it had even released. well there was a bunch of bull on k20a.org and arguements about the dude he had doing the cnc for the plate. well he dropped the ball and decided to wait till almost 2 months to let the cat out of the bag cause i was waiting on the BB delete kit from him along with brake lines and a harness.

but he toke care of it. i still buy from him. there was a big ordeal and bashing on him for a while but looks as though its all blown over.

now skunk2 is the ones catching flack lol.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:22 AM

How did you like it with the bb delete?
Old 01-27-2012, 12:16 PM

How did you like it with the bb delete?
it was a totally different feel. ive ran it on two different projects. if your going with a clean bay look it def does that. just its a totally different feel you really got to push the pedal. lol

you notice it when you first hit the pedal. feels a lot stiffer.. hence the "booster" delete. it def reduces the pedal travel which is nice i suppose.

now with ABS i imagine it would be different than with out abs. so im unsure how it would feel on the S2K.

ive seen a couple drag hatchbacks using the BB delete. Spec clutch hatch for one. so id like to hear their reason for using it also. never got to talk to them at the event.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:19 PM

I'm deleting ABS too.. But would you call the pedal feel unliveable? I imagine since you had it on two different cars it couldn't have been horrible... Braking distances affected at all??
Old 01-27-2012, 12:26 PM

I'm deleting ABS too.. But would you call the pedal feel unliveable? I imagine since you had it on two different cars it couldn't have been horrible... Braking distances affected at all??
on the boosted car it wasnt fun slowing down at high speeds i will say that. it def takes some getting used to. if you push the pedal too hard it would lock up the front brakes easy. its hard to judge the pedal feel when you dont have a booster. imo i wont delete it anymore. i just had two kits laying around that i had from chasebays. i bought a kit for a friend and he didnt pay me so i rocked it on the SI with a allmotor swap. it wasnt bad on a all motor car cause i didnt have 520whp like i did in my boosted k20 coupe. thats why i wondered about the SPEC hatch and the others ive seen with high hp drag cars running them..

far as stopping distances.. i would imagine your brake setup would determine that? i could be wrong. theres a few drag guys on here i would ask more about this to be honest. and i would like to hear more input.

heres a few i found that were boosted but they are civics too....

i think it would be wise for you to make a thread and get peoples input. espically guys like inline pro.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:00 PM

honestly, I dont think its gonna eb wroth it.. I just canceled my order and will be going witha rywire ABS relocation kit LMAO.. completely changed that plan

Quick Reply: Corey Maurer going LS1! Updated 8/7