Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Chris_Lum's Mugen build

Old 09-25-2014, 06:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Those seats are beautiful

I was actually looking at a pair of these that were being sold on another forum, but it seems like it's hard to find the leather versions that aren't disgustingly wrinkled. Yours look like they're in excellent condition!
Old 09-25-2014, 08:10 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by nichigo
Those seats are beautiful I was actually looking at a pair of these that were being sold on another forum, but it seems like it's hard to find the leather versions that aren't disgustingly wrinkled. Yours look like they're in excellent condition!
Thx, yeah I got lucky that they are in good condition. The leather looks nice but it doesn't breathe well if you know what I mean. When I get hot, I stay hot! And the seat back angle reminded me of why I sold my first pole position years ago. We'll see how long I can handle these seats. My ideal seats are still bride Stradias or the equivalent Edirb seat that comes trimmed in leather. Pair of Edirb seats is $$$$$ though.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:54 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

looks amazing!
Old 09-25-2014, 09:31 AM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

nice chris! recaro & wb combo ftw!
Old 09-25-2014, 03:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
Originally Posted by nichigo
Those seats are beautiful I was actually looking at a pair of these that were being sold on another forum, but it seems like it's hard to find the leather versions that aren't disgustingly wrinkled. Yours look like they're in excellent condition!
Thx, yeah I got lucky that they are in good condition. The leather looks nice but it doesn't breathe well if you know what I mean. When I get hot, I stay hot! And the seat back angle reminded me of why I sold my first pole position years ago. We'll see how long I can handle these seats. My ideal seats are still bride Stradias or the equivalent Edirb seat that comes trimmed in leather. Pair of Edirb seats is $$$$$ though.
Don't worry, I'll keep bugging you until you finally break down and buy Edirb seats

That's my main complaint with leather, is that it doesn't breathe! You get out and you have major back sweat. What about Alcantera or suede? I know there are plenty of PP's out there that have that option for the inserts. Maybe before next summer you can switch it out and it can be more bearable? Just a thought Or maybe by next summer you'll have a pair of Edirbs...
Old 09-25-2014, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow those seats are gorgeous. I wish Recaro used their small logo on the regular cloth pole positions.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:56 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

im with the sweaty back crew too,...I wanted the classiness of the leather but i cant get it. Love the oem look so much but ill end up with a asm rs-g or a red jersey mesh pp
Old 09-25-2014, 04:02 PM
Community Organizer

Received 226 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
im with the sweaty back crew too,...I wanted the classiness of the leather but i cant get it. Love the oem look so much but ill end up with a asm rs-g or a red jersey mesh pp
JERSEY. FRICKIN. RED.

Jersey red all the things, even if it doesn't match.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:45 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer' timestamp='1411689379' post='23345661
JERSEY. FRICKIN. RED.

Can confirm, Jersey Red is friendly to the sweaty back.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:32 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyW
Don't worry, I'll keep bugging you until you finally break down and buy Edirb seats

That's my main complaint with leather, is that it doesn't breathe! You get out and you have major back sweat. What about Alcantera or suede? I know there are plenty of PP's out there that have that option for the inserts. Maybe before next summer you can switch it out and it can be more bearable? Just a thought Or maybe by next summer you'll have a pair of Edirbs...
haha yeah i suppose i could switch the center pieces or get the centers reupholstered. I would rather have Edirbs though!!! UGH they are so nice.

Originally Posted by ///RS-2000
Wow those seats are gorgeous. I wish Recaro used their small logo on the regular cloth pole positions.
thanks! yeah the small logo is much nicer

can't go wrong with either of those

Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1411692326' post='23345733
[quote name='Ricky_Flowers_' timestamp='1411689759' post='23345675']
JERSEY. FRICKIN. RED.

Can confirm, Jersey Red is friendly to the sweaty back.
[/quote]

yeah the Jersey Red's are insanely sexy. I'm jealous Andrew!!! But i can't complain because it would have been $2k for a pair of Jersey Red's or these leather PP's for free…hmm…

Quick Reply: Chris_Lum's Mugen build