Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Chris_Lum's Mugen build

Old 09-22-2014, 08:25 AM

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts

Here I am trying to find a PP with no luck, and this guy gets TWO.

Wanna sell me one?
Old 09-22-2014, 08:32 AM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Did u get the seats from the guy with the Esprit? ? I thought about doing the trade but want to keep the oem seats for the off chance i ever sell
Old 09-22-2014, 08:42 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by fernando.

Here I am trying to find a PP with no luck, and this guy gets TWO.

Wanna sell me one?
heh, keep looking, they come up for sale all the time! or i'm sure GT motoring can help you out if you are in CAN since they are in the Northern part of the U.S. I believe.

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
Did u get the seats from the guy with the Esprit? ? I thought about doing the trade but want to keep the oem seats for the off chance i ever sell
yes! I have always kept my OEM stuff too, but this deal was too good to pass up. The guy said his phone was blowing up all morning and one guy even wanted to drive down from san fran to get them.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:49 AM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

The 4extender guys are great. I wasn't happy with their standard length (longer) extender I was sent for my Pole Positions and they found one a little bit shorter that was exactly what I was looking for, so the extender is just the right length just stick through the harness hole. Will depend on the rails on which length is needed for the best fit, but I greatly prefer the closer to OEM fit the shorter extender gave me. I don't like the belt buckling more centered on my hips like the longer extender was doing.

Seats should look great! I just love the smaller RECARO logo similar to the seats they do for OEMs.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by andrewhake
The 4extender guys are great. I wasn't happy with their standard length (longer) extender I was sent for my Pole Positions and they found one a little bit shorter that was exactly what I was looking for, so the extender is just the right length just stick through the harness hole. Will depend on the rails on which length is needed for the best fit, but I greatly prefer the closer to OEM fit the shorter extender gave me. I don't like the belt buckling more centered on my hips like the longer extender was doing.

Seats should look great! I just love the smaller RECARO logo similar to the seats they do for OEMs.
hmm wonder how long my extender will be! I was just looking at someone else's thread who used an extender and it looked super short, wonder why they sent you a long one? anyhow, yes I love the small logo too!

I believe the seat I got is a "street" seat or something like that. I thought I remember reading somewhere that recaro makes two versions of the pole positions, one with more padding in the headrest for street and the off-road version with less padding in the headrest to accommodate helmets. My seat has a thick headrest, so i'm guessing it's a street version.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:09 AM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1411404585' post='23340336

hmm wonder how long my extender will be! I was just looking at someone else's thread who used an extender and it looked super short, wonder why they sent you a long one? anyhow, yes I love the small logo too!

I believe the seat I got is a "street" seat or something like that. I thought I remember reading somewhere that recaro makes two versions of the pole positions, one with more padding in the headrest for street and the off-road version with less padding in the headrest to accommodate helmets. My seat has a thick headrest, so i'm guessing it's a street version.
Yeah it's just about finding the right one for the seat and bracket combo I think. That's awesome you got the street version, it should have slightly different side openings then as well I think?
Old 09-22-2014, 09:45 AM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

The extender you ordered plugs into the existing seatbelt buckle, or is it a complete replacement? Not sure how it will fit with two buckles...(I need to buy one also but would rather a complete replacement)
Old 09-22-2014, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow what a deal! those are going to look great.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by arsenal
The extender you ordered plugs into the existing seatbelt buckle, or is it a complete replacement? Not sure how it will fit with two buckles...(I need to buy one also but would rather a complete replacement)
Plugs into the existing one. But some people buy a longer version which you can just bolt in too.

Originally Posted by s2sik
wow what a deal! those are going to look great.
Thank you sir!
Old 09-22-2014, 03:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Personally I love the small Recaro logo compared to the big one. I think it's nice and understated.

The real question is, does the wife like the pole positions, or are you going to be taking the RSX everywhere in the future?

Quick Reply: Chris_Lum's Mugen build