Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Chris_Lum's Mugen build

Old 07-31-2014, 10:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Static huh? So much for your wife driving it

Why don't you like the current rails? They sit too high for you? I remember we had this conversation but I forgot.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:24 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
i'm going to try to static mount my seats so I can sit as low as possible. hopefully it works out!
Good plan. I have been considering doing this with mine as I am pretty much the only one that drives my car. Mainly to maximize feel since I am pretty happy with my driving position. My rails are tanks, but watching a LaFerrari video where the seat is just padding on the carbon tub has me jealous.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:18 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyW
Static huh? So much for your wife driving it

Why don't you like the current rails? They sit too high for you? I remember we had this conversation but I forgot.
yeah i just sold my Bride RO rails because they sit high. But i think my seats are really thick also, compounding the problem. I sure hope i'm happy once i mount the seats on the new seat brackets because i'm sick of fussing over this!

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by Chris_Lum' timestamp='1406823895' post='23267649
i'm going to try to static mount my seats so I can sit as low as possible. hopefully it works out!
Good plan. I have been considering doing this with mine as I am pretty much the only one that drives my car. Mainly to maximize feel since I am pretty happy with my driving position. My rails are tanks, but watching a LaFerrari video where the seat is just padding on the carbon tub has me jealous.
You have a pole position right? it's usually pretty easy to get side mount seats to sit pretty low. what rails are you currently using?
Old 08-28-2014, 10:43 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I miss my hood and my car
Old 09-09-2014, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perfection. Really well executed build. Mugena & ASM FTW!
Old 09-09-2014, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like Chris is driving your car around lol

Originally Posted by Back-cracker
Old 09-09-2014, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Back-cracker
I should have bought your intake too! You didn't get another S yet?
Originally Posted by red@9k
Perfection. Really well executed build. Mugena & ASM FTW!
Thank you!
Originally Posted by Hanzel28
Looks like Chris is driving your car around lol
Not really! I think the only thing we have/had in common is the hood and color!
Old 09-10-2014, 01:21 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
You have a pole position right? it's usually pretty easy to get side mount seats to sit pretty low. what rails are you currently using?
Yeah and I have the Ballade rails. Since the bottom of the Pole Position is pretty wide there is a limit to how low it can go, but I am happy with the height of my seat as is. I was told there might actually be a JDM size jersey red pole position so I may actually look into that if I decided I want a seat that is even more snug, but so far very happy with my setup.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Someone... Owes us an update!
Old 09-22-2014, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by WhyW
Someone... Owes us an update!
lol! can't wait for your build thread Warren!

yes, I picked up new seats yesterday for an UNBELIEVABLE deal. Never thought i'd go back to pole positions, but here I am. Traded my OEM seats for a pair of leather pole positions straight up--no cash on top. I got super lucky being in the right place and the right time. I'm really happy with the material too. The leather is very close to how the OEM seats looked, so the seats look like they came with the car. I will have better pictures later when I get everything mounted and the seat belt extenders come in.

BTW, www.4extender.com seems SUPER legit (other members bought from them with success). As long as my extenders come in time, then Burt gets a in my book. I called at 3pm PST on a Sunday which was 6pm eastern since he's in NY and he called me back a few minutes later! I was skeptical about their "24/7" support but he sold me with the call back. I had reservations safety-wise about the super cheap eBay extenders so i'm happy to spend a bit more to buy from, what seems to be, a legit company so far.

Recaro PP Leather by Chris Lum S2K, on Flickr

Also, forgot to post up Ti steering wheel bolts I purchased off of eBay:
Untitled by Chris Lum S2K, on Flickr

Quick Reply: Chris_Lum's Mugen build