Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Chris_Lum's Mugen build

Old 03-10-2014, 04:25 AM
Community Organizer

Received 226 Likes on 143 Posts

Name:  MugenBumpers_088_zps69860b92.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  42.6 KB

This is an awesome shot. I've always loved the Mugen aero because of the build quality, fitment, and attention to detail. The only downside I can see is you can only run one kind of exhaust. Oh well, car looks AMAZING as always!
Old 03-10-2014, 06:52 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I see your reflection in your brake disk

That under tray is BEYOND awesome!
Old 03-10-2014, 07:37 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks awesome Chris!
Old 03-10-2014, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good ! I will also update the Mugen SS thread with your latest pictures
Old 03-10-2014, 10:12 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KiChad
Very Nice Chris! the mugen kit looks amazing and the underbelly looks solid! love your build!
Thanks Chad!! Loving your build too!

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
This. Is. Too. Much. AWESOMENESS!

Congrats Chris! Very well done - I can appreciate the little details that would put into this build bro! Can't wait to see her in person!
Thanks Alvin! I really need to see your car in person as well. I’ve been in love with the Voltex kit and never seen a real one in person before.

Originally Posted by //steve\\
I thought it was going to be tough to top the ASM setup but you definitely did. I think Berlina is the best color for the SS setup.
Thanks Steve! I loved the ASM setup but with all the replicas on the market, the look was everywhere. I’m looking forward to being a part of a more unique crowd now.

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
This is an awesome shot. I've always loved the Mugen aero because of the build quality, fitment, and attention to detail. The only downside I can see is you can only run one kind of exhaust. Oh well, car looks AMAZING as always!
Seriously, that is a huge downside!!! The Mugen exhaust is SO nice, BUT it’s super quiet, even with a high flow cat. Sounds maybe 2-4 dB louder than stock if you can imagine that. Quite a difference going from my 70mm single to the Mugen. It will take some getting used to. It’s a double edged sword—a part of me likes the fact that it’s quieter because I’m getting older and now I can actually use my Bluetooth phone speaker in the car! LOL Not to mention my wife loves the silence now!! But the young kid in me still wants to have some growl to the car. I think it’s for the better though, because louder cars are usually expected to be fast around here so a lot of people try to race me. Now that the car is quiet, I’m sure I’ll garner less unwanted attention. Now I don’ t have to short shift around corvettes so they don’t think I’m trying to race them! haha

Originally Posted by WhyW
I see your reflection in your brake disk

That under tray is BEYOND awesome!
Haha Warren, yeah the under tray is a pretty cool piece.

Originally Posted by dt07si
Looks awesome Chris!
Thanks Dave!

Originally Posted by Hanzel28
looks good ! I will also update the Mugen SS thread with your latest pictures
Thanks Hanzel!
Old 03-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Community Organizer

Received 226 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_' timestamp='1394454325' post='23054899
Seriously, that is a huge downside!!! The Mugen exhaust is SO nice, BUT it’s super quiet, even with a high flow cat. Sounds maybe 2-4 dB louder than stock if you can imagine that. Quite a difference going from my 70mm single to the Mugen. It will take some getting used to. It’s a double edged sword—a part of me likes the fact that it’s quieter because I’m getting older and now I can actually use my Bluetooth phone speaker in the car! LOL Not to mention my wife loves the silence now!! But the young kid in me still wants to have some growl to the car. I think it’s for the better though, because louder cars are usually expected to be fast around here so a lot of people try to race me. Now that the car is quiet, I’m sure I’ll garner less unwanted attention. Now I don’ t have to short shift around corvettes so they don’t think I’m trying to race them! haha
I was thinking more in terms of performance. I know a guy down here with the same bumper/exhaust combination you're running and he's hit his performance bottleneck for an all-motor engine. Shame, especially because he's running Toda ITB's... I understand what you're saying though, and can definitely appreciate going back to a relatively quiet exhaust after having a loud aftermarket one. The nice thing about the Mugen exhaust is if you didn't know better you'd think it was OEM: quiet, understated, and perfect fit/finish.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
I was thinking more in terms of performance. I know a guy down here with the same bumper/exhaust combination you're running and he's hit his performance bottleneck for an all-motor engine. Shame, especially because he's running Toda ITB's... I understand what you're saying though, and can definitely appreciate going back to a relatively quiet exhaust after having a loud aftermarket one. The nice thing about the Mugen exhaust is if you didn't know better you'd think it was OEM: quiet, understated, and perfect fit/finish.
Ah i see. yeah i wasn't referring to performance because my engine is stock so the exhaust should be enough for me lol If i ever go boost in the future, i'd just get an electronic exhaust cutout or something.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:10 PM

Here's a cool little hex key that came with my rear bumper.

Name:  97E4DAF3-9693-430F-83EC-916B768A8717_zpsiemnph0h.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  71.4 KB
Old 03-10-2014, 06:11 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

No titanium tow hook included as well? Come on Mugen get it together..
Old 03-10-2014, 06:15 PM

haha for how much this bumper costs, it should!

Quick Reply: Chris_Lum's Mugen build