Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

aeonracer's 2004 S2000 build - Mild OEM focused build

Old 12-09-2014, 05:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the detailed response on painting the V2's. It sounds like a great project for the winter for me.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the compliments! I take pride in my ride, so its nice to be able to share it and receive positive feedback. Skyline Drive is a beautiful part of the country, must have been nice living so close to the parkway. I've been there many times, and the best time is definitely extremely early on a weekend before everyone has a chance to get up and head out there. It's difference between a relaxed cruise / spirited drive and sitting in essentially bumper to bumper going 10-15 mph. Only problem is living approximately an hour and a half away from the northern entrance, it requires planning and effort to make it there by 7am or so...

Ottawas2000guy, make sure you are doing the painting in a heated space or wait until spring when the temperatures warm up. The paint won't adhere well below about 50 or 60 degrees F. It would suck to do all that work only have it all start flaking off.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:23 AM

Received 431 Likes on 322 Posts

Great thread! APR lip looks great on there!

As everyone else has said, your wife is rad.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:44 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi Kamil found ya! farting unicorn NESTR power!
Old 12-09-2014, 09:03 AM

Old 02-23-2015, 05:03 AM

Powering through winter, nothing too special going on. However the wife ended up getting me a new helmet for the upcoming season as my old one was about to expire this year. She got me a white one, which gave me the opportunity to make my own design!

In the next few weeks I'll be taking the car "out of storage" in the garage and getting her ready for the upcoming spring / summer and eventually autocross. Oil change and general overlook to be tip top shape.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:08 AM

Well life threw me an opportunity I couldn't pass up, and I will be moving to the Los Angeles area in a few months. Lots of pictures will be incoming when that happens! PCH and sunset beach shots, drives up and down the Malibu canyons, and hopefully lots of meets!

Specifically be on the look out for an S2000 appearance later this year on The Smoking Tire
Old 06-13-2015, 12:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wow its like reading someone else timeline flashing by. Great thread keep it up!
Old 12-30-2015, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw you on Smoking Tire. Nice moderate build! I'm looking to get to a similar point with my Suzuka AP1.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:18 PM

Yep that me! Its been a while sine I posted anything and a lot has happened in the past few months. So here we go...

I completed my move to Los Angeles in early August. It was a whirlwind few months getting life closed out in Virginia and then getting it back up and running in California. I drove my daily across the country and made it to LA in three days, with a little bit of AC drama in Oklahoma. After springing what I thought was a R134 leak, I refilled the compressor. It started making noise a few hours later, then the compressor failed. Nobody had a compressor in stock, and they wanted too much for the fix so I said screw it and decided to just fix it myself when I got to Cali. It was a hot day and a half driving through New Mexico, Arizona, and California, but a few gallons of water later I made it to the new home. My stuff got there a few weeks later, including the other cars. We had settled into life, so the next thing to do was to find some S2000 locals! Enter EOQ Ojai Edition 2015.

There were a lot of really nice cars and people, and of course the fearless leader: RMmurphy

We even had a guest appearance

After doing some spirited driving through the hills north of LA, we split up and I worked my way home down the PCH, or Pacific Coast Highway. I felt the scenery required a couple shots. Sadly I only had my iPhone for these shots.

I got a taste of what SoCal had to offer, and well, I was hooked. Unfortunately a short time later I got the full LA experience. On my way into work one morning, someone made a sudden and unsafe lane change and hit me on my other love, my 2007 CBR 600RR. I ended up badly injuring my hand and wrist, and although my bike wasn't terribly damaged, it was enough to total it out.

RIP old friend. I'll definitely miss two wheels and all the great memories made...

This put me out of commission for a few months, but thankfully I started to heal up in time for my next big appointment:

The Smoking Tire was a great experience. Matt Farrah is a great guy and really down to earth. Had good things to say about the S2000, and I think we both gave a good summary about what's so great about the S2000. My wife drove us up to the meet point, we were there with one other car when Matt pulled up in a Ferrari California with his posse in tow. Here is the video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdCZzRvg10s[/youtube]

I can't thank Matt enough for the entire experience, and hope everyone can enjoy the video and the car to represent the S2000 community.

I'm still healing up, but getting better each day. My old helmet was destroyed in the bike accident so it was time for a new one for autocross use. As usual I started with a blank canvas, and ended up with this. Having a decal business has its perks! I have a little bit of clean up to do, since applying decals one handed isn't easy.

That's it for now, just need more time to rest up and heal so I can start up autocross out here in LA!

Quick Reply: aeonracer's 2004 S2000 build - Mild OEM focused build