Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

★ ☆Booztin's Build☆ ★ back from the DEAD 2015 update (s2k, raptor, sti ) pg31

Old 05-30-2013, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@mstr2 - Just a few guesses but these usually contribute to most peoples builds.

- He's had nice vehicles prior so the sale of those I imagine could have helped.
- Being in the automotive industry / friends in the industry.
- Doing lots of the work yourself.
- Finding deals where you can.
- Having a decent -> good job / working hard.
- Credit cards.

Lots of ways to get the job done.

As for comments on the car.
The widebody execution isn't really my style (not that it matters) but it's obviously well done work, quality parts and looks great in the end. I could only hope mine looks as good when I get further into it.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

can't wait for the next season update
Old 06-15-2013, 11:13 PM

WHATS UP GUYS!!!!

It's been quite a long time since I've touched this thread but figured since the weather is warm and im slowly coming back into the car mood I'll get you guys up to speed.

For those of you who are friends with me on Facebook (facebook.com/derekcov) or follow me on instagram (@boosted_s2k) may have seen some of this content already but for those of you that don't here's whats been going on.

Decided to do some small changes for summer 2013. Nothing crazy

I've been using instagram quite a bit because its so damn convenient so some of these pictures are cropped or have a filter
now that I'll be updating this more I'll try and keep it separate.

I sold some parts pieces of my turbo kit, volks, tail lights, and seats/seatbelts.

I sold my brides and takata belts and pads.

For seats I stuck to brides because I love my brides!!

I picked up Bride zeta III Japan Edition with Carbon fiber backs

I loved my volks to death however my original plan was to run a wheel setup that didn't require a spacer to sit
flush with my body work.

I wanted something that would be functional yet aggressive for the s2000 chassis and would house a meaty tire. So I contacted Dan from CCW and got to talkin numbers. I finally decided on a set of Classics.

The setup specs are as follows:
CCW Classics with Full swiss in brushed black finish
Tires are : BFGoodrich g-Force KDW 2
Rim specs
Rear : 18x13.5
Front : 18x11.5
Tire specs
Rear : 335/30
Front : 275/35

Here's some pix before tires were mounted. I went with the brushed black finish.

Here's a pic once I received them and as the tape measure says 27 inches across for the rear wheels!!

Here's some test fitment pix my suspension needs to get dialed in to really perfect this setup but I couldn't be happier with the fitment.
I think this setup really suites the widebody much better.

In April Evans Tuning had a meet and some of you guys attended here's some shots of me and my s

pic of me in the flipzco hoodie and John Paul talking fenders (some of you might know John he has a wrapped blue s2k refer to pic below)

Heres John's amazing S2K (John if you dont want this pic up let me know)

As some of you know my car basically lives at Evans Tuning seeing as Im always having work done and its the only shop I trust with my s not to mention
Jeff Evans and Jeff DeVos (minitoyota on the boards) are the best guys around when it comes to s2000's on the east coast and have always done amazing work on my car.

the car is going to be undergoing a new motor/turbo setup

Here's some pix of the sub frame/motor coming out

crossbar being cutout

Meanwhile I decieded to get some more ink for the year. I figured since a lot of my life has revolved around cars I'd get something to kinda go along with it.
Its not an original Idea by any means but everything was drawn by my artist and most of it was free handed.

Decided to get a coilover! Tattoo session was approx. 8 hrs long I need to go back for another 2-3 hrs to finish some details.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:20 PM

Well my car was shot some time ago and I finally received the news a few days ago that the car made August Issue cover of Super Street
and will be on shelves around U.S. within a week or so.

I was absolutely floored when I received the news because its been one of my many life goals to make a cover with a vehicle.
I remember looking at magazines when i was 14-15 yrs old dreaming about it so to finally achieve it means quite a bit to me.

Between all the people who have mechanically helped me and all the support and love from the car community I cant say THANK YOU enough.
even those of you who have commented on the boards here played a big part in the build. Seeing other amazing s2000's and appreciation from other owners really played a part on keeping me going on the build.

Here is the cover shot!!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 03:51 AM

OH.... MY... GOD...

those CCWs

I cant..

you win.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:52 AM

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow the new set up is amazing, great choice with the ccw's, they look awesome. I'm def looking forward to the motor and turbo updates as well, and congrats on the ss cover man that's incredible, honestly surprised it hasn't happened sooner.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:55 AM

awesome on all the updates ! congratulations !
Old 06-16-2013, 02:46 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

cover shot with you driving is
Old 06-16-2013, 03:10 PM

CCW's look way better
Old 06-16-2013, 07:57 PM

great job, congrats

Quick Reply: ★ ☆Booztin's Build☆ ★ back from the DEAD 2015 update (s2k, raptor, sti ) pg31