Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

★ ☆Booztin's Build☆ ★ back from the DEAD 2015 update (s2k, raptor, sti ) pg31

Old 05-15-2012, 11:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think its time to let the cat out of the box! lol I just got my car out of the body shop, been there a week or two and i barely survived. I have no idea how you do it!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Booztin
cat in a box
Lol!!

Originally Posted by MrKlean187
I think its time to let the cat out of the box! lol I just got my car out of the body shop, been there a week or two and i barely survived. I have no idea how you do it!
you have no idea, derek is crazy! I think he's driven the car about 500 miles in the last two years lol
Old 05-18-2012, 01:57 PM

The car should come out of the body shop next week then its onto fabrication !!

Still waiting for some parts to come in just got this today.

80mm Greddy Ti-C Muffler

cant wait to here how this sounds

Old 05-22-2012, 02:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get us a vid sir!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice work, also from NJ
Old 06-16-2012, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by common reactor
Nice work, also from NJ
Originally Posted by common reactor
Nice work, also from NJ
Thank you! where at in NJ if you dont mind me asking?

To get you guys up to speed of whats going on with the build. Apologize for the cell phone pix

As I said before I wasnt 100% happy with the color of my bay after it was painted so I had it redone.

this was a sprayout compared to my fuel door. Pretty much is as close as I think we could get it.

close up of the paint

wayyy happier with the new outcome color seems spot on to me. It looks awesome in person.

Here's shots of the new hood. getting cut up for the pins and new dumps

small pic of the pin installed and hood repainted

here's a pic of the new plate. Not really happy with it so i had another one made.

this is the underside of the latches in the hood. Tried to make it as clean as possible

I had my wiper cowl area painted black to transition into the cf cowl a bit better.

the cf cowl was given some tlc to make fit like oem and I had a bit of stripping put on to have it sit dead flush against the windshield and give it a finished look.

after the body work the s was taken to a local fabrication shop called 4130 fabrication where I had them do my turbo plumbing along with some other small things

Since I knew they'd be working on the bay I had the body shop tape it up so it wouldn't get any scratches don't wanna risk it lol as you can see they went pretty overkill on the tape lol but at least I know it wont scratch.

mocked up. I also had my bw turbo polished

one of the welds they did to my Fullblown throttle body to prep for the new vibrant clamps

extremely blurry but here's a quick shot of the custom charge piping. Im heading over there today so I'll try and get some more pix. They did an amazing job!
the bov was moved inside the bumper so its one less thing in the bay to clean it up more.

I also had them make me a custom radiator cooling plate its not 100% done in this picture and it will be coated black.
I just wanted something pretty simple so this should do the job.

another bad pic but atleast you can make out the shape this is was the new plate for the hood however Im having them make another cause I still wasnt satisfied with it.

since Im doing away with all the rubber couplers I wanted to get a new velocity stack that didn't use one.
Picked up this HKS one it has inset screws to hold it in place. I figured it'll clean the bay up a bit more.
It will not be staying this color.

I wanted a more sleek look so I had my vibrant clamps taken apart and anodized along with some strut washers.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:25 AM

Car is looking amazing. so much detail work, can't wait to see it all finished !
Old 06-16-2012, 01:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The S is looking very pretty! Can I call dibs on the cf wiper cowl when you get tired of it?
Old 06-16-2012, 03:43 PM

the hood looks awesome man

I love when people do what THEY want to THEIR cars thumbs up man
Old 06-16-2012, 04:14 PM

Just read all 25 pages. MAD props to doing the build proper and not cutting ANY corners.

Quick Reply: ★ ☆Booztin's Build☆ ★ back from the DEAD 2015 update (s2k, raptor, sti ) pg31