Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

★ ☆Booztin's Build☆ ★ back from the DEAD 2015 update (s2k, raptor, sti ) pg31

Old 05-09-2012, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i vote polish the tubes, i also think the cut out on the hood should be oval rather than the square, it would appear to flow better. that or the shape of an infinity sign to hug the tubes. everything looks great so far.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:40 PM

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

your prob is not what the pipes would look like but what the hood would look like after the pipes throw out smoke. the pipes cut them at an angle so as for them to stay horizontal then attach stainless polished covers on them and then somehow if ure keeping the hood silver kinda paint the hood as to show some sort of normal look than to wipe off smoke lines when ure at a show. wish i had a pic to show but i didnt find any. or have lil flappers covering the pipes.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Soo Nice! Where did you get the blue spike bolts for the shock towers? Also, you should get some of the pwjdm valve cover washers ($20) to match your blue theme going on!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:19 PM

Please,please install the AeroCatch with narrow end forward!

Nice build
Old 05-10-2012, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by s2sik
i vote polish the tubes, i also think the cut out on the hood should be oval rather than the square, it would appear to flow better. that or the shape of an infinity sign to hug the tubes. everything looks great so far.
still up in the air about coating or polishing them. But that cutout shown was on my old hood it was just to give an idea of where there gonna be coming out. The actual cut will most likely be in an oval shape and plated properly.

Originally Posted by sdosmil77
your prob is not what the pipes would look like but what the hood would look like after the pipes throw out smoke. the pipes cut them at an angle so as for them to stay horizontal then attach stainless polished covers on them and then somehow if ure keeping the hood silver kinda paint the hood as to show some sort of normal look than to wipe off smoke lines when ure at a show. wish i had a pic to show but i didnt find any. or have lil flappers covering the pipes.
if you look closely at some of the pix the lines are already on the pipe for where they need to be cut. They will be cut on the same slant as the hood to match the body lines a bit. The plating setup will be there to hopefully catch 90% of the exhaust that comes outa them. I thought about flappers last year lol like the 18 wheelers have im not sure who to really begin talking to for fabrication on em lol.

Originally Posted by MrKlean187
Soo Nice! Where did you get the blue spike bolts for the shock towers? Also, you should get some of the pwjdm valve cover washers ($20) to match your blue theme going on!
blue spike bolts are from bolt boys / down star inc. I agree with you im most likely gonna get all the bolts I need in black. as Im afraid the blue wont match and I rather not have 2 shades of blue i need a lot of things but im going to do final small pieces like that once the bay is ready to go. I still need an oil cap and a ton of other things.

Originally Posted by RylisPro
Please,please install the AeroCatch with narrow end forward!

Nice build
I totally planned on it lol. You can install them anyway you please but the way they open in my head if one were to pop open if you had them facing the other way the wind could catch the latch. Where if you install them with the narrow end forward the wind would push down on the latch. Thats all crazy hypothetical and I doubt that would ever happen not to mention you would need it to happen to both lol but I like the look of them narrow end forward anyhow.

Got a small surprise present in the mail today!

got fresh strut bolts and beauty washers itll be a nice change up from the goldish nuts I have there now.

example of how they look installed (not my car this is off their website)

Old 05-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Former Moderator

So much work involved
Old 05-13-2012, 01:36 PM

this is real?
Old 05-13-2012, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Francesco
So much work involved
thanx, hows your car man? any progress lately or?

Originally Posted by SolidTypeSexy
this is real?
sure is lol. Although my friends say that its fake strictly cause its been in a shop forever. So they always joke and tell me i dont own an s2k lol
Old 05-13-2012, 10:26 PM

I get the same think man.. Assholes haha
Old 05-15-2012, 11:05 AM

build is going slow lately car is still in body shop should be back out in a week or so, then the fun begins!

As of now Im just waiting for more parts to come in.

I will be doing custom charge piping along with custom exhaust and a new intercooler.

Here's what I received today.

Full blown throttle body and vibrant vanjen clamp along with some new tbolts and couplers.

gotta rep full blown with the new tee shirt!!!

closer shot of the vanjen's

cat in a box

Quick Reply: ★ ☆Booztin's Build☆ ★ back from the DEAD 2015 update (s2k, raptor, sti ) pg31