Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

★ ☆Booztin's Build☆ ★ back from the DEAD 2015 update (s2k, raptor, sti ) pg31

Old 05-04-2012, 05:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

beast mode!
Old 05-05-2012, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by swifbboy
beast mode!
Old 05-06-2012, 01:48 AM

Still going crazy ahah
Old 05-06-2012, 04:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm very interested to see what modifications you add to enable you to use that power.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:56 AM

This build is insane, looks amazing and engine bay is so clean.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:14 AM

Holy Jebus that turbo is HUGE!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:02 PM

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

This is the most insane build on here and it keeps getting better, new manifold and turbo are sick.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:03 PM

you make me not want to mod my car anymore lol cause itll never look like yours.....keep up the good work man! love your car
Old 05-07-2012, 10:08 PM

just read through pages 1-24 and my mind was blown! can't imagine the time/effort/stress/$$$ you've devoted to your ride! Best build ever!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by panta
Still going crazy ahah
What is this crazy you speak of?

Originally Posted by C7 JFW
I'm very interested to see what modifications you add to enable you to use that power.
gas..key..start button..top down..driver..open road..go?

Originally Posted by S2Ko0o
This build is insane, looks amazing and engine bay is so clean.
Thank you =)

Originally Posted by s2klariat
Holy Jebus that turbo is HUGE!
depends where you compare it lol. If you walk into Evans tuning where my car was you wouldn't say that LMFAO

Originally Posted by tama05
This is the most insane build on here and it keeps getting better, new manifold and turbo are sick.
There are better builds on here man you just gotta dig hell im still taking pix with an iphone =( lol. Thank you! I like how the manifold tucks closer to the motor to show more of the bay.

Originally Posted by joshlee1203
you make me not want to mod my car anymore lol cause itll never look like yours.....keep up the good work man! love your car
nonsense!!! I wont say forever but Ive had this car for a bit now over 5 years now. Keep modding your car as long as you really want something to happen and you put a lot of focus , time , effort into trying to accomplish it you'll get there trust me!

Originally Posted by umyeun23
just read through pages 1-24 and my mind was blown! can't imagine the time/effort/stress/$$$ you've devoted to your ride! Best build ever!
Thanks man! All worth it man I don't regret a thing. and as I said above my build is not that great if you look at the big picture. People now days really have been doing some CRAZY builds! you just gotta dig

Well guys the car is currently back in the body shop to finish some things hood, some touch ups on the bay, etc.

Here is shots of the new dump tubes I'll be running with the setup. I feel like they give off more of a "STRAIGHT AND TO THE POINT" kinda look.
The idea was to be short to prevent cracking while still having a bit of style to them while also following the lines of the manifold.

I'm up in the air on if I should
1. Leave them raw metal
2. Polish them (they will most likely change colors though and possibly look bad)
3. Thermal Coat them black

Tell me what you guys think

Using my old hood to cut a hole just to see where they sit to give myself an idea. ( I have a new hood Ill be using for the final hole)
This shows where my old dump tubes come out of the other plated hole

here's how they look under the hood

although this picture is pretty blurry you can see how the dump tubes for the most part follow the lines of the manifold.

Here's a shot of the turbo peeled apart. The compressor housing was taken off so I can take it to go get polished. I was thinking about chroming it however
from reading just a bit about it I've read a lot of stories about the chrome eventually flaking off and such. So I'm going to stick with polishing as my last polished
gtx35 held up fine.

Got a small box in from Password JDM. Ordered over the phone really nice guys over there and received my items pretty fast.

they threw in a funny sticker with everything

Since All of my old rad support was taken out along with my hood latch assembly I purchased some
Aerocatch Flush plus locking hood pins along with PWJDM billet mounting plates to make a clean and easy install
although I really don't want hood pins on my car I feel like they make it look slightly ricy unless you have a darker paint job or cf hood. But at this point
I haven't came up with an alternate safe solution so for now im going with the aerocatch pins.

this picture shows how it looks mounted with the billet plate vs the hardware that you get with the pins
makes under the hood look much cleaner!

and last but not least my vtec solenoid cover! I've been meaning to buy one since I got the dam car but haven't got around to it until now lol
such a simple piece but I feel like its the small stuff that matters sometimes.

Quick Reply: ★ ☆Booztin's Build☆ ★ back from the DEAD 2015 update (s2k, raptor, sti ) pg31