Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

★ ☆Booztin's Build☆ ★ back from the DEAD 2015 update (s2k, raptor, sti ) pg31

Old 06-04-2011, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty hot DIY. Props.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by ericbarber
for me the bumper killed it...

Originally Posted by alexisthemovie
Why box out the rear? The back of the front fender is tapered. I feel like you should match that on the front and rear bumpers. It looks WAY more aggressive when you have tire showing.

Originally Posted by red@9k' timestamp='1307212971' post='20648967
Originally Posted by alexisthemovie
Why box out the rear? The back of the front fender is tapered. I feel like you should match that on the front and rear bumpers. It looks WAY more aggressive when you have tire showing.

I agree 100%. The rear kills it
Well, I went back to the shop and starred at it for about an hour or so. It was finished up and fleeced and ready for glassing. I deceided against going forward that design so Im having the rear bumper redesigned and it will be tapering in more. It will taper into the stock bumper towards the very bottom of it. The bumper will still be widened a bit but it will show tire to give it that aggressive look.

Originally Posted by Suzuka AP2
Incredibly awesome, the little diffuser lookin things on the rear bumper are so rad. This is gonna be one of the best s2000 builds ive come across.
that was just a skeleton of the work. Fleece is layed over that all then glassed.

Appreciate the comments guys!
Old 06-06-2011, 01:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good choice. The taper I did in the Photoshop looked better I think. Not correct as it was just quick...But better!
Old 06-09-2011, 10:39 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

wow sick custom widebody. i met you up at jeff's house a few times. your car is coming along nicely.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by orangebarius
wow sick custom widebody. i met you up at jeff's house a few times. your car is coming along nicely.
thanks man!

Ehh i think i recall meeting you but not really sure lol
most likely be up there again this winter
Old 06-09-2011, 04:40 PM

So I decided against the old rear design as some of you know and changed a lot of it. The rear now tapers in at the lowest part of the taper 3.5 inches of tire is showing. The rear bumper as been modified a bit to extend out more to match the width. The tow hook cap as well as the left exhaust outlet has been shaved. My exhaust will be slightly adjusted a bit more to sit more to the right and slightly up its not even center at the moment.

Once again guys I appreciate all the comments and input with idea's and all I'm glad alot of you guys spoke your mind which really led me to this new look. THANX! =)

Here are some of the pix of the new rear! sry for the crappy quality I didn't get a chance to get up there to take pix and have to deal with cell pix.

side shot. Still need to make some finishing touches but its almost ready for paint!

Here's some different angles of the rear. Im much happier with this new design over the previous one. I think this is a nice happy medium to having the flare taper in and showing tire while still making the rear appear much wider.

These are the right and left rear arches I had him bring the rear bumper slightly inward to close the gap between the tire and rear bumper a bit to make it almost symmetrical to the opposite side.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Booztin
So I decided against the old rear design as some of you know and changed a lot of it. The rear now tapers in at the lowest part of the taper 3.5 inches of tire is showing. The rear bumper as been modified a bit to extend out more to match the width. The tow hook cap as well as the left exhaust outlet has been shaved. My exhaust will be slightly adjusted a bit more to sit more to the right and slightly up its not even center at the moment.

Once again guys I appreciate all the comments and input with idea's and all I'm glad alot of you guys spoke your mind which really led me to this new look. THANX! =)

Here are some of the pix of the new rear! sry for the crappy quality I didn't get a chance to get up there to take pix and have to deal with cell pix.

side shot. Still need to make some finishing touches but its almost ready for paint!

Here's some different angles of the rear. Im much happier with this new design over the previous one. I think this is a nice happy medium to having the flare taper in and showing tire while still making the rear appear much wider.

These are the right and left rear arches I had him bring the rear bumper slightly inward to close the gap between the tire and rear bumper a bit to make it almost symmetrical to the opposite side.

SICK!! car looking good man!!
Old 06-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

looks amazing!
Old 06-11-2011, 04:08 AM

looks soooo much better
Old 06-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Looks hot!! Can't wait to see it all finished.

Quick Reply: ★ ☆Booztin's Build☆ ★ back from the DEAD 2015 update (s2k, raptor, sti ) pg31