Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

YES! MOTOGP BEGINS!

Old 04-16-2009, 03:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stoner's start was like an aircraft carrier launch! He had a big gap by the third corner and Rossi was stuck. I don't think he was toying with Rossi but I do think he had a little more in the tank. We'll see if Rossi can get a better start.

How about Nicky Hayden starting after a giant high-side in practice? I understand the back injury but how do you need chest stitches?! Ouch. Pulled out an 11th place finish IIRC. Not awful for hurt (though Noriuki Haga defined riding well when hurt bad last year). Go Nicky!

One of the more amazing events happened to Pedrosa. He ran an odd outside line in one corner and De Angelis intersected him at the exit and stuck him side-to-side hard enough to slide him several feet outside. Amazing he didn't break Pedrosa's leg but I saw him banging on the left controls right after. Pedrosa was not happy about it.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Penforhire,Apr 16 2009, 07:03 PM
Stoner's start was like an aircraft carrier launch! He had a big gap by the third corner and Rossi was stuck. I don't think he was toying with Rossi but I do think he had a little more in the tank. We'll see if Rossi can get a better start.

How about Nicky Hayden starting after a giant high-side in practice? I understand the back injury but how do you need chest stitches?! Ouch. Pulled out an 11th place finish IIRC. Not awful for hurt (though Noriuki Haga defined riding well when hurt bad last year). Go Nicky!

One of the more amazing events happened to Pedrosa. He ran an odd outside line in one corner and De Angelis intersected him at the exit and stuck him side-to-side hard enough to slide him several feet outside. Amazing he didn't break Pedrosa's leg but I saw him banging on the left controls right after. Pedrosa was not happy about it.
Can't believe the announcer said it wasn't De Angelis' fault for the contact. It was Pedrosa's for going wide!

what a dumb ass.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:18 PM

http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/article/mot...iber-frame//P1/

MOTOGP: A Look at the Desmosedici GP9 Carbon Fiber Frame
Old 04-16-2009, 04:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Yep, very impressive. I'd love to hear what the weight is for it.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:10 PM

I still don't know what to think about Hayden. Obviously I am rooting for him and he showed a lot of guts getting on the bike after that high side. However I have heard a lot about how "well" he did in getting 12th. The fact is with the small grid it really makes the numbers look better than they are. He passed Sete and Melandri who just came back to fill the grid. Takahashi and Canepa should never beat him. I think Toseland is absolutely spare and the nonsense that happened this offseason with Edwards is only going to make him look worse when Edwards destroys him all season. And finally Capo crashed out.

If any of those riders, minus Capo, were to beat Hayden then it should be considered a huge disappointment.

On a complete different note, I didn't know this rule had been implemented until earlier this week. Any rookie coming into MotoGp now has to go to a Satellite team before going to a factory team. It's a solid rule in my eyes. They have to make sure the factory teams keep supplying the small guys or they will have an 8-10 man grid. The loss of Kawasaki has to have Dorna rethinking the future.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:20 PM

And speaking of Satellite supply. How can Honda in good faith give their satellite teams the RC212V pneumatic engine and then limit the revs to 18,200? So basically they get a motor that weighs more and revs to basically what the conventional spring motors did.

Then again Honda has done plenty of asinine things the last few years. From the Rossi disaster to basically making Hayden a bitch by not letting him have the same motor as Pedrosa to now this. And this is just MotoGp, let alone the mistakes in other sports, Supercross, F1, etc...
Old 04-16-2009, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by stpgood,Apr 16 2009, 09:10 PM
I still don't know what to think about Hayden. Obviously I am rooting for him and he showed a lot of guts getting on the bike after that high side. However I have heard a lot about how "well" he did in getting 12th. The fact is with the small grid it really makes the numbers look better than they are. He passed Sete and Melandri who just came back to fill the grid. Takahashi and Canepa should never beat him. I think Toseland is absolutely spare and the nonsense that happened this offseason with Edwards is only going to make him look worse when Edwards destroys him all season. And finally Capo crashed out.

If any of those riders, minus Capo, were to beat Hayden then it should be considered a huge disappointment.

On a complete different note, I didn't know this rule had been implemented until earlier this week. Any rookie coming into MotoGp now has to go to a Satellite team before going to a factory team. It's a solid rule in my eyes. They have to make sure the factory teams keep supplying the small guys or they will have an 8-10 man grid. The loss of Kawasaki has to have Dorna rethinking the future.
Yup.

look at Pedrosa he was injured as well, and beat Nicky. lol

Hayden needs some training wheels. No bike suits his style.

Casey switches to Ducati from a Honda ADAPTS and boom, World Champion.

And Hayden only has 1 real victory, Dutch GP. What a joke! His 2 wins at Laguna are bullshit, he knew the track better than anyone. key word: KNEW
Old 04-17-2009, 07:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the past Nicky knew how to be fast but seemed to abuse his tires too much. He'd take and hold a 4th place early and fade. I think he's trying to dial it back for tire strategy and hasn't found the right balance yet. I'm definitely a fan and Stoner shows what Ducati has.

I also like Rossi but mostly because of his devil-may-care attitude, not his legendary skill. How can you not like that guy? He still plays the game because it is fun. Some of the other guys just come across as mean or cold fish. I used to cheer when Biaggi crashed out.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Birel186,Apr 16 2009, 06:06 PM
Yup.

look at Pedrosa he was injured as well, and beat Nicky. lol

Hayden needs some training wheels. No bike suits his style.
Gee, in the race I watched Pedrosa *JUST* finished ahead of Hayden, despite qualifying 2 spots ahead of Nicky. If the race had been one lap longer Nicky would have passed him, just like everyone else was doing.

Oh yeah, and Hayden has WON a world championship overcoming Pedrosa crashing Nicky out of the 2nd to last race with a bone head pass.

Pedrosa is little bitch.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:26 AM

I am very anti-Pedrosa but he was actually riding well until De Angelis smacked him in his injured leg. He was P6 and running 1'57 when Hayden was still running 1'59. After the hit he started running 1'59-2'00 and Hayden went into the mid to high 1'58.

When I heard on the broadcast that Hayden ran his fastest lap on his last lap I thought that was good. Then I went and looked at the fast lap classification by rider. His fast lap was a 1'58.273 good for 16th fastest. Only Takahashi and Canepa were slower.

I have a feeling he will be much faster this weekend. He was 5th in Japan last year. At least I'm hoping.

Quick Reply: YES! MOTOGP BEGINS!