Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

YES! MOTOGP BEGINS!

Old 04-13-2009, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Birel186,Apr 13 2009, 05:20 AM
Im Pulling for
1. Rossi
2. Stoner
3. Pedrosa

I ****in hate Hayden. Hope he gets his ass whooped by stoner. I want to see Ben Spies replace him
Not a big Hayden fan myself. I think he will struggle with the bike since Stoner seems to be the only one that can make any of the GPx bikes go smoothly.

I love Spies since he is a fellow Texan. Hopefully he stays in WSBK even if it means he rides for Yamaha. WSBK as strange as it seems to say is just the better series now. Haga vs. Spies is going to be epic all year.

The real #2 I would like to see with Stoner next year is Lorenzo. Kid is going to be a real threat to Stoner, Rossi and Pedrosa this year. His contract runs out at the end of the year.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Berrar

Pre Race NOW!!!
Race @ 2 EST

http://www.justin.tv/playbeyond
Old 04-13-2009, 10:00 AM

Watching now!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:48 AM

Stoner!!! He toyed with Rossi. M1 looks strong but the Duc still wins. Woohoo that was great.

Best part of the race was Pedrosa getting punted.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:49 AM

Not sure he was toying with Rossi, but he certainly had the pace to win. Seemed like Rossi made a hard push to close the gap, but used up his tires and had to back off around lap 15. Good race, even though there weren't many passes up front.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:57 AM

As much as I want Stoner and Ducati to win every race, having him and Rossi totally dismantle the field is not a good thing for fans. Hopefully Lorenzo can pick up some pace and tiny tim Pedrosa gets healthy. Will make for better racing.

Although with the one tire rule it likely won't happen. You will likely see Stoner-Rossi with 10 second victories.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by stpgood,Apr 13 2009, 01:48 PM
Stoner!!! He toyed with Rossi. M1 looks strong but the Duc still wins. Woohoo that was great.

Best part of the race was Pedrosa getting punted.
Why oh why don't you people mark ***SPOILERS*** prior to posting something like this. For those of us that haven't had the opportunity to watch the race yet this just ruins it.

It's just common courtesy.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:40 PM

Man i saw the results. I thought I would be able to catch it. I am a little sad, but hopefully I can find a torrent for it some time this week.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:24 PM

The replay is on Speed at 1PM CST tomorrow.

And as far as putting a spoiler tag, not trying to be an ass but you do realize that you are reading a thread about the race and that the race had already been finished. What did you think we were going to be talking about?

But to be safe and courteous I will try and remember to post a tag next time.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by stpgood,Apr 13 2009, 09:24 PM

And as far as putting a spoiler tag, not trying to be an ass but you do realize that you are reading a thread about the race and that the race had already been finished. What did you think we were going to be talking about?
Haha, you do realize that I started this thread right? Being the thread starter, my purpose of the thread was to talk about the excitement surrounding the start of the 2009 MotoGP season.

Per the sticky notes for the Auto Racing section, when talking about race results, we create a new thread and explicitly state SPOILER in the thread topic. See HERE.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: YES! MOTOGP BEGINS!