Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

WTF Bernie?!?!

Old 04-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF Bernie?!?!

his calendar.

http://www.crash.net/formula+one/news/1456...ak_in_2009.html

Umm...last I checked Rubens is 2nd in points and has finished admirably in all the races thus far. What the hell is Bernie trying to do meddling with rumors on BrawnGP? Is perhaps Bernie another B in the Killer B lineup?

I love a juicy conspiracy.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:43 PM

Even thought RB is in second, his driving hasn't been all that good...
Old 04-20-2009, 01:45 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

He is probably being lined up to replace Piquet.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by aashish2,Apr 20 2009, 04:45 PM
He is probably being lined up to replace Piquet.
Yes...I would have done that during the winter....or go to Williams to replace Kaz....he is pretty much a Piquet Jr, too. Just goes to show...no matter how famous or good your dad is, it doesn't necessarily lead to greatness for the sons/nephews/cousins.

If I were Senna though, I wouldn't go to Williams...they killed his Uncle.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Banned

Senna was going to replace Rubens it seemed until the Honda withdrew. Rubens is a good man to have because he is 1) a good number 2, and 2) gives feedback on the car and Brawn knows him well from the Ferrari days.

I can see Senna in next year....not this year. BGP has a shot at the Constructors and you don't want an untested rookie in there right now while the car is still in the development stages.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by GPMike,Apr 20 2009, 01:55 PM
Yes...I would have done that during the winter....or go to Williams to replace Kaz....he is pretty much a Piquet Jr, too. Just goes to show...no matter how famous or good your dad is, it doesn't necessarily lead to greatness for the sons/nephews/cousins.

If I were Senna though, I wouldn't go to Williams...they killed his Uncle.
at least nakajima scored points last year, well earned points
piquet, just needs to be thrown out on his arse
Old 04-21-2009, 04:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beanseff,Apr 20 2009, 10:35 PM
piquet, just needs to be thrown out on his arse

Not only that, but everybody ought to call him junior or the second or something, because I cringe a little every time I read people trashing Nelson Piquet, because the real Nelson Piquet was a great driver.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Piquet
Old 04-21-2009, 04:23 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Apr 21 2009, 04:19 AM

Not only that, but everybody ought to call him junior or the second or something, because I cringe a little every time I read people trashing Nelson Piquet, because the real Nelson Piquet was a great driver.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Piquet
Thats because Nelsinho or Junior insists that people call him Nelson Piquest as opposed to Nelsinho Piquet or Piquet Jr.

Even his dad said on TV in Australia that his son is not doing very well at the moment.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:49 AM

Barrichello is only good for a number two. IMO Button and Barri are fortunate that Brawn's limited budget stretched enough to retain their driving services. Bruno Senna hasn't really proved to be much of a phenom as his name would suggest.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:33 PM

I think it'd be a bit unfair to turf a rookie driver after just one season. That said, Piquet is lucky he got another shot this season, and I think if he falls on his face again in the rest of the season, he's done. Okay, kinda tough to have a double world champ as a teammate, but Piquet really should be doing much better to show he's worthy of one of the better drives in F1. Hockenheim last year was a bit of a fluke.

Look at Kovalainen in '07 when he came in. People were writing him off by the third race, but he pulled himself up by the bootstraps and was doing quite a bit better by the end of the season. Piquet needs to do that. Not saying that Kovalainen doesn't need to do better - every driver does - but I think in terms of race by race, season by season improvement, Kovalainen did better in his second season than Piquet has thus far.

I'm trying to remember where Piquet has been in the races? It's like he's invisible. At least Kovalainen bounced back from two poor races with an error free race with a good result (given his team's current level of competitiveness) in Shanghai, a feat which his illustrious teammate could not produce.

Quick Reply: WTF Bernie?!?!