Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Wny is Fisichella struggling in the Ferrari?

Old 10-06-2009, 04:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Birel186,Oct 5 2009, 09:27 PM
yup, why cant heiki keep up with lewis. why couldn't nelson keep up with alonos, grojean who lloked promising is on the same boat.

Fisi is no lewis, no kimi, no vettel, no alonso.

and the only promising person this year in gp2 was nico hulkenberg. Vitaly petrov just finished is 3rd year in gp2? about time he understood the car.
Fisi was always overrated. he couldn't keep up with Alonso at Renault either.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by boltonblue,Oct 5 2009, 10:17 PM
let's see there are 20 F1 drivers out of six billion people.
out of that select group it is remarkable that some are head and shoulders above the others.
But then there was micheal jordan and tiger woods and others that just transcend what others around them can do.
that's cuz i'm not driving in F1. i'd wipe the floor with them.

really though, i don't believe that a third of the drivers in F1 are really "the world's best drivers." Buemi, Algersuari, Nakajima, formerly Piquet Jr? come on!
Old 10-06-2009, 05:56 AM

Fisi sux. plain and simple. He's almost as bad as Badoer. I can't beleive Ferrari keeps making bad decisions. They're lucky to get Alonso. They should have put JV in, im sure he would only be a few tenths off KR...
Old 10-06-2009, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Nabs 79,Oct 6 2009, 06:56 AM
Fisi sux. plain and simple. He's almost as bad as Badoer. I can't beleive Ferrari keeps making bad decisions. They're lucky to get Alonso. They should have put JV in, im sure he would only be a few tenths off KR...
I don't believe in Fisi either but I really really doubt JV would have done better than Fisi at all. Been away way too long, nowhere near fit enough for F1 race anymore.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Nabs 79,Oct 6 2009, 09:56 AM
I was hoping Ferrari would put in the Italian f3 champion. Kid broke Fioranos track record i believe in an F1 test last year.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:42 PM

In a discussion i had a few years ago: Test drivers dont make good race car drivers... old drivers that have been in that role for a few years.

A good race car driver needs to be able to drive at 100% David Coulthard when he was at Mclaren, Barichelo, Webber, etc...

A GREAT race car driver can go to 101% Senna, Schumacher, Raikkonen, Alonso, Montoya, Hamilton, Hakkinen... they were always fast! even in a bad car they were still in top 5.

Test drivers are meant to go fast but not wreck. they always drive at 98-99% Wurz, Badoa, Gene, de la Rosa.... but they don;t have that 1% to be consistently good. And when you put them in a race seat, they underperform. Their limits are less than what are required.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fisi isn't as bad as recent races seem to show but I prefer a team to have a clear #1 and #2 for strategy reasons. The pissing between Lewis and Alonso when they were on the same team has to be avoided. When Kimi was brought to Ferrari I was certain Fellipe would be #2 but he sure proved me wrong.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Penforhire,Oct 6 2009, 03:45 PM
Fisi isn't as bad as recent races seem to show but I prefer a team to have a clear #1 and #2 for strategy reasons. The pissing between Lewis and Alonso when they were on the same team has to be avoided. When Kimi was brought to Ferrari I was certain Fellipe would be #2 but he sure proved me wrong.
The type of in-fighting definitely hurts a team when the 2 drivers clearly hate each other PLUS the cars are not miles ahead of the field.

The only time it "worked out" with 2 fiercely competitive and fast racers on the same team was like the time with Senna and Prost running away in the amazing MP4/4, complete and utter dominance!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by i_s2k,Oct 6 2009, 03:59 PM
The type of in-fighting definitely hurts a team when the 2 drivers clearly hate each other PLUS the cars are not miles ahead of the field.

The only time it "worked out" with 2 fiercely competitive and fast racers on the same team was like the time with Senna and Prost running away in the amazing MP4/4, complete and utter dominance!!!
I should add though... having said that, I myself prefer NO "pre-set" #1 on the team.

I think that's how Williams runs the team as far as drivers go. Let them race, as long as they don't take each other out. Whoever is mathematically done in the chase then has to play rear gunner for the "de facto" team leader.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:58 AM
Former Moderator

It's really simple...

He's not as fast as Kimi. I think people have a tendency to forget just how quick Kimi is.

Quick Reply: Wny is Fisichella struggling in the Ferrari?