Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Will Schumi go Blue?

Old 12-13-2005, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Schumi go Blue?

From Feed Me F1:

Christian Horner has giggled at suggestions that Michael Schumacher's is the next name on the Red Bull Racing wish list.

After Red Bull acquired Schumacher's equivalent in the engineering world - Adrian Newey - Horner, the team's F1 boss, was asked whether a certain seven time champion might ever find himself in a switch from red to blue.

Curiously, he offered no denials.

''It would all depend on (Schumacher's) motivation and if the timing was right,'' Horner said.

He added: ''It's a difficult question to answer.''

36-year-old Schumacher, yet to decide what to do after his Ferrari contract expires at the end of next year, was earlier linked with a possible switch to McLaren-Mercedes.

Red Bull's senior team, meanwhile, will launch into the 2006 season with an old Schumacher-foe - David Coulthard - at the wheel, and young Austrian Christian Klien.

''Our focus is on our current drivers for the time being,'' Christian Horner added. ''We're happy with them and will evaluate things as they evolve.''
If I were Schumi I'd give this some SERIOUS consideration. I personally believe that Red Bull will rise to become a legendary team, and quickly. They just need the right driver in about a year.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if he did, i would be surprised as he has enough money, and he always says in certain interviews, he'd like to spend more time with his family. Only time will tell. He was already with two start up teams in his career, 7UP Jordan and Benetton-Ford..
Old 12-13-2005, 03:59 PM

"I want to spend more time with my family" is something you say when the chips are down. He's gonna have a MUCH better season in '06 and then we'll see where his priorities lie.

Schumi is extremely driven to be the best (obviously). When someone like that reaches a career pennacle early, they can't stand it. They look around for another goal, like taking a "start-up" team to world champion status (an even greater accomplishment that taking Ferrari to that status).

If given the opportunity, I'm betting he gives it serious thought.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:34 AM

The interesting thing about going blue, he would not completely severe his ties with Ferrari as RBR runs the Ferrari's engines.

I think it would be a shock if he did personally because I just see MS being a part of Ferrari for the rest of his life. After he stops driving I suspect he will become a type of Ferrari ambassador. Just think of the street cars they would sell if they offered something like a specialized F430MSE. Take an F430 and tweak it a bit and include some MS badges or something, and you got a rare F430Michael Schumacher Edition...
Old 12-14-2005, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by MyBad,Dec 13 2005, 06:02 PM
I personally believe that Red Bull will rise to become a legendary team, and quickly. They just need the right driver in about a year.
Hey Phil.
Step right up to the tailgate.
Claim your free cold beer, and not just any beer but a special Upstate Saranac!

BEER COUPON* - good for one free beer
{* Redemption valid 6/28/06 to 7/3/06 at Indy only}
Old 12-14-2005, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by MyBad,Dec 13 2005, 07:02 PM
From Feed Me F1:

If I were Schumi I'd give this some SERIOUS consideration. I personally believe that Red Bull will rise to become a legendary team, and quickly. They just need the right driver in about a year.
we old men of F1 know that in one year you cannot go from home mid grid to winning.. it takes years , not one year anymore.. F1 has changed so much , the rules, the staff keep changing.. 12 months ?
Old 12-14-2005, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Dec 14 2005, 09:43 AM
Hey Phil.
Step right up to the tailgate.
I've printed my coupon and will definately take you up on that.

Those 16 oz. Fosters get a little tiring after a while. Are you gonna have Upstate Sarnac girls to hand out beers?
Old 12-14-2005, 09:13 AM

Great beer.
Maybe Shumi will follow vodaphone to Mclaren.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by MyBad,Dec 14 2005, 10:20 AM
I've printed my coupon and will definately take you up on that.

Those 16 oz. Fosters get a little tiring after a while. Are you gonna have Upstate Sarnac girls to hand out beers?
I'm glad, looking forward to that weekend in a BIG way...

Sorry bud, no Saranac girls, just a couple of fellow S200 owners will be with me.

Old 12-14-2005, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by ytdlite,Dec 14 2005, 01:13 PM
Great beer.
Yes indeed...

I've even been able to convince some of my Canadian friends that all of USA can't be judged by the crap that is out there like Miller, Bud, Coors...

And here is my #1 favorite.
It is a seasonal made by Ithaca Beer Co so I can only get it in the winter months.
And by the way, that's Ganzo, when he was much smaller than he is now, and no Phil, he will not be there with me, I would be too afraid he would scare the local dogs.

Quick Reply: Will Schumi go Blue?