Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Why don't we like Red Bull F1?

Old 07-10-2011, 07:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Just read his entire wikipedia page. He is the driver that made Red Bull relevant, he has been successful on what would be considered lesser teams. He has always been a humble winner. He has shown skill in a variety of cars at the Race of Champions, and he just seemed like the kind of guy that would be fun to be around from his TG interview.

Is the new season of Top Gear on yet?
Check car talk. Vettel was on season 17 ep 3
Old 07-11-2011, 12:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to agree. After watching the top gear interview, Vettel comes off as an all around good guy.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:34 AM

That and just seeing how he has taken every F1 team that he has been on to their highest point is just impressive.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by luder_5555
Anyone have any ideas as to why for the most part, Red Bull does not have the following that even the other smaller teams have?
Please put down the crack pipe, it seems you have killed off too many brain cells!
RBR has a huge following!!!
Hello, huge!
Check out some of the fantasy betting, all those people ain't non-fans...
Where on earth do you come up with this stuff?
Did you start watching car races like yesterday?
Old 07-30-2011, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by composite guru
I'm surprised with some of the comments here. I thought most F1 fans would like the change in direction instead of the usual procession.
Ok this is Red Bulls 3rd good season but it's kicking the cr@p out of the old teams. DM has spent a lot of his money forming a great team from the sh1thole that Ford made it. I'm proud to have been there since the Stewart days and watched it turn into a championship winning team.
Newey has got championship fever and isn't going to let the opposition get past without a fight.

Roll on the rest of the season. :0)
I'm Tifosi, my blood tells me only Ferrari should win, and in the real MS era I was in heaven...
But, I'm also a devoted F1 fan and I love a great fight, and for sure, AN, SV, and even one of my least favorite drivers MW have indeed come to the party with all guns blazing, and I could not be happier, well yes I could, that would be FA kickin everybodys butt, but that ain't happening this year and I'm thrilled it is RB doing the winning.
As a long time F1 fan I know there is an ebb & flow, and it's RB's time, and I'm very happy for them and I love how they are pushing all the other tea
Ferrari will be back on top eventually, bur until then, go RBR!

I'm a huge SV fan, since the day I was sitting in the hot sun at Indy and this totally unknown blew to the top of the practice times in the BMW. I still remember fondly yelling out, WHO THE HELL IS VETTLE??? And was I ever lucky, because the couple behind me knew him well.
Go RBR, but watch your back, the Tifosi is right behind you, just waiting for that ebb & flow...
Old 07-30-2011, 05:56 PM

Please put down the crack pipe, it seems you have killed off too many brain cells!
RBR has a huge following!!!
Hello, huge!
Check out some of the fantasy betting, all those people ain't non-fans...
Where on earth do you come up with this stuff?
Did you start watching car races like yesterday?
Granted I have only been watching for the last 5-6 years, but I am still surprised that they do not have a larger following. I m sure that they do have a good sized following, but for a team that has not just won, but dominated the last two years, I am just a little surprised that there are not more Bandwagoners.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by luder_5555
Granted I have only been watching for the last 5-6 years, but I am still surprised that they do not have a larger following. I m sure that they do have a good sized following, but for a team that has not just won, but dominated the last two years, I am just a little surprised that there are not more Bandwagoners.
Well in the big scheme of things RBR is one of the new kids on the block
Lots of us have been F1 fans for several decades, and we have seen lots of teams come and go
But I do believe RBR has a fairly large fan base
Plus there is that thing about lots and lots of people here just hate total domination

Go Jordan, go Bradham, go Tyrrell, go Benetton, go Ligier, go Arrows, go Footwork, go Simtec...
Old 07-30-2011, 10:02 PM

^ You forgot "go Lebron"... Oh wait they lost...

I get what you are saying about them being a new team. I just find it amazing that with their clear dominance, that there are not more fanboi's. Just like you'd be amazed how many fans there are of a sports team a week after they win the championship. Generally everyone jumps ship and swims to the new party boat every time there is a new champ. I have just found it odd that at least in my circles, RB doesn't have the bandwagon hoards that you would expect to see in most sports.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:07 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

People jump ship to a new winning team I did not see the tifosi or the rocket red fans on here sing paeans to Jenson and Brawn in 2009.

I don't see any tifosi that have ditched Ferrari. Redbull was Stewart & Jaguar before their current form. Surely they have their own following. They certainly have a history and have carved a niche in the sport with their unique approach.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:11 AM

Tifosi die, they don't change teams...

My 1st F1 team

Quick Reply: Why don't we like Red Bull F1?