Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Why don't we like Red Bull F1?

Old 06-23-2011, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm surprised with some of the comments here. I thought most F1 fans would like the change in direction instead of the usual procession.
Ok this is Red Bulls 3rd good season but it's kicking the cr@p out of the old teams. DM has spent a lot of his money forming a great team from the sh1thole that Ford made it. I'm proud to have been there since the Stewart days and watched it turn into a championship winning team.
Newey has got championship fever and isn't going to let the opposition get past without a fight.

Roll on the rest of the season. :0)
Old 06-23-2011, 02:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Red Bull has racked up several championship wins in WRC thanks to the Citroen team.

"Gives you wings"

I am a Ford/AbuDhabi fan though (Go Mikko!)
Old 06-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,949 Likes on 2,647 Posts

I respect what red bull has done.
Vettel won without having his team mate hear " vettel is faster than you, do you understand?"

in fact they let them race it flat out when webber was ahead.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in fact they let them race it flat out when webber was ahead.
That is the single greatest thing about RB in my eyes. Had the two of them been on any other team last year, Button would have won the championship. (I actually would have liked that, but that;s neither here nor there) The fact that they continued to let them race, and made the decision that whoever wins will win is amazing in my eyes.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:38 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by composite guru
I'm surprised with some of the comments here. I thought most F1 fans would like the change in direction instead of the usual procession.
Ok this is Red Bulls 3rd good season but it's kicking the cr@p out of the old teams. DM has spent a lot of his money forming a great team from the sh1thole that Ford made it. I'm proud to have been there since the Stewart days and watched it turn into a championship winning team.
Newey has got championship fever and isn't going to let the opposition get past without a fight.

Keep up the good work guys. You deserve all that success
Old 07-04-2011, 04:31 PM

Its not that I don't like redbull I just don't think Vettel dominating this year has made for interesting races.
I mean he sticks it on pole, runs out a gap and stays there like f@#king robot!

Thats why Canada was awesome when Jenson found his balls and came thru the field and frightenned him into a mistake.

Actually watching Mark Webbers come thru the field this year to take 3rd or 4th after all the problems hes had has been more interesting than watching Vettel.

Vettel is fast for sure but for me the jury is still out on his racecraft, the sort of passes you see lewis hamilton do when hes on form.

I'm not saying Vettel can't pass actually he did a pretty wicked move on Button I think at the first race in australia but I'd like to see if hes got more of that right now i think their car is too damn fast!
Old 07-04-2011, 10:42 PM

I think that the only reason we never see Vettel make amazing passes is because he is always in the lead. Everyone he passes is lap traffic, so they just get out of the way.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,949 Likes on 2,647 Posts

Originally Posted by composite guru

I wouldn't take it too personally. You are talking about fans after all.
You wouldn't expect a Man U fan to switch to Liverpool if they had a good season, right?
Old 07-10-2011, 05:13 PM

Still not changing teams just yet, but after reading up on Vettel's history, and watching him on Top Gear, I must say, I really like this guy.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:16 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by luder_5555
Still not changing teams just yet, but after reading up on Vettel's history, and watching him on Top Gear, I must say, I really like this guy.
care to share links to his history? Is the new season of Top Gear on yet?

Quick Reply: Why don't we like Red Bull F1?