Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

What an unfair crock of crap!

Old 02-13-2008, 07:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What an unfair crock of crap!

This is complete bullchit!
For all those Ferrari haters out there who are always accusing the FIA of taking sides with Ferrari, well put this in your pipe and smoke on it.
Seems to me, the FIA is going out of their way to show favortism to the McCheaters.

F1 News: Ecclestone Protects McLaren
Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 06:00 AM

Despite finishing last in the 2007 constructors' championship, McLaren may this year avoid the indignity of occupying the last garage slot in the grand prix pitlanes of the world.

As well as having the highest race numbers - in McLaren's case 22 and 23 in 2008 - finishing the previous year's teams' title last usually means having to take up residence in the farthest pit boxes at each circuit.

However, despite having all its points taken away last season amid the espionage scandal, it seems that McLaren will call the fifth garages home in 2008.

The Finnish daily newspaper Turun Sanomat reports that Bernie Ecclestone has ordered the re-shuffle so that one of F1's 'Big Two' teams can still have access to first class circuit facilities this year.

It is reported that Ecclestone, F1's chief executive, actually wanted Mercedes-powered McLaren to have the third pit area, but Renault - officially third in the championship last year - objected.

At most F1 circuits, the first three pit garages are wider and include better amenities for its personnel and guests.

McLaren would not confirm the Turun Sanomat report.

http://www.feedmef1.com/html/modules.php?o...rticle&sid=9332
I think McLaren deserve to be at the back of the line. More exceptions and favortism being shown once again by the extremely biased FIA.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tastes great, got a nice buzz smokin' it too - thanks

---

Ellen... who will be rooting for anyone to beat the evil Red Empire
Old 02-13-2008, 07:54 AM

Do I need to remind you of the Michelin vs BS tyre debacle in 2003?

The FA grid penalty in 06 in Monza IIRC?

Ferrari's got more help from the FIA than the combined number of times other teams have gotten their assistance.

It's a ****ing garage spot, get over it. It doesn't affect your team, so why are you raising hell over this anyway.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:57 AM

Ooh I love it, a heated debate will ensue now for sure

Doug needed something heated to argue about today
Old 02-13-2008, 08:06 AM

I'm just holding the fort until Marco comes in.

And since Honda is indirectly affected, he'll come for sure
Old 02-13-2008, 09:04 AM

[QUOTE=Borbor,Feb 13 2008, 11:54 AM] 1- Do I need to remind you of the Michelin vs BS tyre debacle in 2003?
2- The FA grid penalty in 06 in Monza IIRC?
3- Ferrari's got more help from the FIA than the combined number of times other teams have gotten their assistance.
4- It's a ****ing garage spot, get over it.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Borbor,Feb 13 2008, 12:06 PM
And since Honda is indirectly affected...
Exactly, why should Honda be moved farther away from pit out? Why should the team that was found guilty for cheating be moved up in front of Honda, and, let's not forget, this also impacts Super Aguri, so Honda gets slapped twice.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:13 AM

All right you got me on that one Doug. I don't like my buddy Nick Fry getting moved down one more spot. I'm sure Honda could use the room.

But on the other hand... maybe this will be a TAD more freakin' incentive to do a little better this year!!! Take away Button's motorhome for a month and maybe he will work a little harder
Old 02-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Banned

I agree with Doug on this one.

If I say the REAL reason why the FIA/BE are doing this I will get banned again because no one likes the truth and the USA and its sheeplike poeple has become a lil girly school based on political correctness.

So instead I will just say the FIA/BE do not want a high profile team getting lessor garage spots because of all the money the sponsors spend for a high profile and because McLaren have "more" important people in there garage on race day, and need more space for all their garage stuff
Old 02-13-2008, 09:57 AM

So Ron paid 50 to Max and 50 to bernie?

Quick Reply: What an unfair crock of crap!