Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Rubens is a complete dolt

Old 01-06-2006, 05:37 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Doug, this is what i meant. here is another comment by RB(below)
Hey dummy new guy: if Honda or Toyota, are to be the new dominant, and lets say its Honda, which I know it will be. and RB signed a 2 yr, but JB signed a 5 year. Who do you think will be WC?? If you say RB, I suggest you head back to soap opera land. You say JB is over rated.... You cant be considered over rated until you dont win in a car capible of winning, to now, JB has NOT had a car capible of winning the WC..that is fact.

Departed Ferrari driver Rubens Barrichello admits that the Maranello team is designed to win championships for six-year teammate Michael Schumacher.
The 33-year-old Brazilian, who will christen his new Honda tenure with a maiden test next week, told Autosport that leaving the red team is very much a case of 'moving forwards'.
But he does admit that Germany's seven time world champion is special.
''I think, talent for talent, Michael probably has a bit more,'' Rubens conceded, ''(but I) did quite well to survive, and to always promote the harmony inside of the team.
'But up to a point ... you lose a little bit of patience and you see that you're getting nowhere, so it was time to leave.''
It's a rare thing to hear a top driver admit that his former teammate had more talent. On second thoughts, then, Barrichello returns to the theme that Ferrari is very tuned to the German.
He contended: ''If you throw us at the beginning of a team with the same everything, I can probably do very well. I think I can be world champion as much as he can.''

Old 01-06-2006, 06:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it will all be said and done with, come 65 days or so (marco had the exact count, i can't remember exactly) days from now..

and we'll all see..

I'm more inclined to see how Rubinho does vs. Massa, as Massa has inherited all of Rubinho's engineers, mechanics, staff and car. Just something to watch as well as the Button match up
Old 01-06-2006, 06:39 AM

There was a post on this board a while back with a link to an article that compared MS vs RB on the same track, corner by corner. It had very detailed telemetry data, throttle trace, braking, etc. I wish I could find it. It clearly showed where and how MS was superior to RB.

Also, I am sick of hearing how Ferrari designed the car for Schumacer and that is the reason why Rubens hasn't been successful. JV used the same excuse at Sauber last year, saying the car wasn't set up for him etc.

Good drivers adapt themselves to the car; look at JPM, he jumped into the Mclaren from Williams and did very well given his limited seat time. By the end of the season he was close to Kimi's pace.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:03 PM

Come on now guys, let's look at Rubino's comments from a marketing standpoint: He is now being paid by Honda...do you actually think he'd say the Ferrari team is better?
Old 01-08-2006, 12:34 AM

It is all about Ayrton Senna! jk

Too bad they do not transmit as much F1 coverage here in So. Cali as they did in Brasil.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by blanka98,Jan 8 2006, 05:34 AM
Too bad they do not transmit as much F1 coverage here in So. Cali as they did in Brasil.
you get all 19 races, just like the rest of the world
plus 1 hr on friday(practice) and 1 hour on saturday(Quali)
and the sunday race is Live.
So I diont get what coverage you are missing
Old 01-08-2006, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Marco,Jan 8 2006, 06:55 AM
you get all 19 races, just like the rest of the world
plus 1 hr on friday(practice) and 1 hour on saturday(Quali)
and the sunday race is Live.
So I diont get what coverage you are missing
My cable company does not cover it!
Old 01-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by blanka98,Jan 8 2006, 02:43 PM
My cable company does not cover it!
Upgrade to digital cable.
Some cable companies include Speed TV on basic cable, but all should carry it on Digital cable.

Speed TV is the ONLY licenced network to carry F1, except for the maybe 4 GP's that will be on CBS, ABC, NBC, like the past few seasons.
You have
60 days, 14 hours and change til 1st Friday practice
good luck!!!
Old 01-09-2006, 05:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marco,Jan 8 2006, 03:34 PM
Upgrade to digital cable.
This is exactly what I had to do to get F1 a number of years ago when FOX Sports was no longer able to cover it. And for the record, this was no easy task because I was living in an apartment at the time, and I had to convince the landlord that this change had to happen and because this apartment was 1/2 a house, it meant the whole house had to receive the upgrade...