Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Now who Replaces Alonso at McLaren ?

Old 10-01-2007, 01:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The question on whether or not Hamilton is overrated, propably depends on the measure of rating. What are we talking about? Is he rated better than Ayrton Senna, Michael Schumacher...? Based on what? Car control? Future potential? Fashion sense? Debating vague "ratings" like those is like debating the shade of gray, it's a matter of opinion.

The ratings that count imho are; points, wins, pole positions, fastest laps. Looking at these LH should be rated quite high for the 2008 season.

Maybe I am missing something?
Old 10-01-2007, 12:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

latest news is Nico Rosberg
Old 10-01-2007, 01:23 PM

They are all equally good, some might have slightly edge over the others but they are all are fantastic drivers in my book. Even thought LH might have a better car than some, it still takes tremendous skills to maneuver and 100% concentration to drive for 50+ laps with cars chasing you down, he is so consistent with his driving I personally don't think he is overrated at all in this year race. In fact for a rookie driver he is doing a damn good job just look at his results. We will see if he can continue to be this solid in the next few years, then we can compare him to some of the F1 legends but right now it is quite early to say. I also think JB can be just as good as LH given the same car. Can't wait to see the 08 lineup, it is going to be very interesting for sure.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Few people dispute that Fernando Alonso is a great driver. If you're thinking LH is over-rated then you're ignoring how well he drives in the SAME car as FA. He makes too many amazing passes for it to be luck either. And I suppose the GP2 racing series is total crap?

Just admit he rubs you the wrong way and there is no basis for not liking him. I admit I dislike FA for 'personality' reasons and I felt that way well before the espionage incident.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by DesertRat,Oct 1 2007, 01:43 AM
The question on whether or not Hamilton is overrated, propably depends on the measure of rating. What are we talking about? Is he rated better than Ayrton Senna, Michael Schumacher...? Based on what? Car control? Future potential? Fashion sense? Debating vague "ratings" like those is like debating the shade of gray, it's a matter of opinion.

The ratings that count imho are; points, wins, pole positions, fastest laps. Looking at these LH should be rated quite high for the 2008 season.

Maybe I am missing something?
Well...I for one do think that the drivers should get fashion points. I would give a definite 10 points for a Canali sports jacket in a wool-silk blend and probably give a negative 10 for an Armani sports jacket which is so 80's.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Banned

I have "four" wins here Marco.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:53 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Rubens should go to McLaren and Alsono to Honda

"I shall Cheer for you Spainard"

Old 10-02-2007, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by GPMike,Oct 1 2007, 06:34 PM

I have "four" wins here Marco.
Lewis Hamilton says to Marco: "I'm getting win no. 5 this year, gimme my quarter bi@tch!"
Old 10-02-2007, 04:10 PM

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

LH is on one of the best teams with one of the best cars. there is no doubt about that. however, if that is basis to call somone over-rated, then you had better go ahead and call someone like MS over-rated also. your reasoning for disliking LH seems to be based more in his personality than his driving ability. just admit that you're not a LH fan but he is a good driver. his driving speaks for himself. as someone already stated, they hate FA but realize his driving skills are very good. i see it the same way.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:14 PM

I think LH is an incredibly talented driver, and I've no doubt that he has the cunning, ruthlessness, and killer instinct to become a multiple world champion. That being said I don't buy his "nice-guy" image. It's BS I say, and only a matter of time before we see that it is merely a facade to hide the fact that he is selfish, egotistical, and manipulative, like many world champions before him.

Quick Reply: Now who Replaces Alonso at McLaren ?