Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Now who Replaces Alonso at McLaren ?

Old 09-28-2007, 09:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Renegotiating contracts is nothing new. Sometimes it's cheaper to renegotiate than it is to let them "go free agent" when the contract expires. At least when you still have them under contract you have some leverage.

Renegotiating a salary without also getting an extension, now that would be silly.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RD is going to have to find a side job next year...between the FIA penalty and the rumored new deal he inked with LH for $110M (5 years), everyone else on the team may be working for free .

BTW - I can't see FA staying at McLaren if the above LH deal is true...
Old 09-29-2007, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Marco,Sep 28 2007, 10:14 PM
1. P didddddy doesnt have that much money, he realized that.
2. Louise accepted the deal to have biography written
3. A contract is a Contract. Kimi/his agent and Ferrari agreed to that fee, envy is 1 of 7 deadly sins, Louise and Louise SR. Agreed to 500K, It does not matter what anyone else makes WHILE you are under contract. If the terms were such a low ammount WHY did they (louise's) agree to them?? Also KR is in 7th year with 16 wins or so..Louise is an unknown as of contract signing. A contract is a contract, and all parties are bound to it. If he shut up, finished contract then said I want 1 billion dollars, i'd laugh but at least respect that he kept his legal agreement.

Bash JB all you want, He drives for my teams I have NO choice but to support him as he is the #1 on the team.
As I have said before, till he is fired, leaves, retires, or dies, i must support him. I do believe that IF he were given a car capible of winning he would. He has had many great drives in his Honda Career, unfortunately most times the people who finished in front of him had better cars.
He handed ass whippings to the Fuehur, KR, FA, and etc on past, on SPECIFIC days/tracks/situations, I believe he can get it done if car is GREAT.

Fukui San chose JB, I wont bet against Honda's Choice.

Now does Louise have talent?? Not sure, he is in best car, he only has 3 wins, he has done nothing yet. Can I hate him based on personal opinions?? Hell yes.
Louise will prove his talent when the car he drives sucks and he still shows good results.
DC said it best...wait until 3 yr from now..maybe bad car, on 5th super model girlfriend, press ripping you apart, etc...he is a rookie..he has done nothing special..he hasnt even beat JV rookie record yet. EXCEPT cry like a sniffling British Bitch about FA move at Spa, which was 100% legal, as he was on inside of a hairpin corner...daaaaaaaaa yeah lets try to pass outside and not understand and cry that you wetre pushed wide as lead car had proper repeat PROPER racing line.
I don't understand your logic.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:15 PM

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. Is Jenson Button holding a glock to your head Marco telling you to support him??

My parents own a Toyota Previa. Now I MUST support Jarno Trulli!
Old 09-29-2007, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dan H,Sep 29 2007, 05:15 PM
I agree. Is Jenson Button holding a glock to your head Marco telling you to support him??

My parents own a Toyota Previa. Now I MUST support Jarno Trulli!
If Lewis wins the F1 WDC, I'm going to let Marco HAVE IT!

Old 09-30-2007, 05:04 AM

Hamilton...overrated? If I am not mistaken, three of his four wins were on tracks that he had never raced before...and look at his win at Fuji in a torrential rain. I think he is not overrated.

He also is reported to have said that he does not want to race with Alonso next year. My guess is that Alonso is gone.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by triman54,Sep 30 2007, 05:04 AM
Hamilton...overrated? If I am not mistaken, three of his four wins were on tracks that he had never raced before...and look at his win at Fuji in a torrential rain. I think he is not overrated.
Yes Hamilton is overrated.It's the car that makes the difference between winning and losing.Put him in another car other then his current ride(a re-badged Ferrari)and lets see what he can do.The win a Fuji is not suprising.Ferrari spent countless hours testing for the best set-up for the rain.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by spiked,Sep 30 2007, 08:41 AM
Yes Hamilton is overrated.It's the car that makes the difference between winning and losing.Put him in another car other then his current ride(a re-badged Ferrari)and lets see what he can do.The win a Fuji is not suprising.Ferrari spent countless hours testing for the best set-up for the rain.
The current design for the 2008 McLaren was finalized well before the industrial espinoge incident.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:14 AM

I hope it's Takuma Sato

He and Hamilton can be Super Best Friends
Old 09-30-2007, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by spiked,Sep 30 2007, 09:41 AM
So I'm guessing beating out Kimi, Massa, and Alonso in the "same car" ( stupid) as a rookie, on tracks he's never been on and leading the championship as a rookie means nothing? Beating the 2 time defending champion (I guess you think they're different cars) means nothing. Right.

Quick Reply: Now who Replaces Alonso at McLaren ?