Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Now who Replaces Alonso at McLaren ?

Old 09-28-2007, 08:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Penforhire,Sep 27 2007, 11:08 AM
I don't get the LH haters. Sure the press over-hyped this kid but how can you not like him? He shows us the most stunning balls-out passes that work, leads the frickin' driver's points, and is, so far, very humble in interviews. He's not pushing the boundaries of sportsmanship, as M. Schumacher used to.

What is there not to like? I look forward to watching him improve for quite a few years. Unlike, say, Coulthard, who should have retired before now.
I have to agree to this to a certain extent as the world of F1 has not had any young talent to come along probably since JV and Alonso.

I think he blew the doors of GP2 and was rewarded for his efforts. Others did not and that is why they went to a lesser car, a lesser team.

I did not see this talent in Heiki, Vitannio, Nico Rosberg, Timo Glock nor Scott Speed to mention a few.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by ITRbroham,Sep 27 2007, 06:37 PM
Sorry fellas' but Alonso isn't going anywhere: http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/09/27/...ck-with-mclaren
same reports said that last year Kimi wasn't going to Ferrari...
Old 09-28-2007, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After paying $100,000,000 in fines they may not be able to afford another driver.

Maybe Ron Dennis will strap on a helmet . . . .

Old 09-28-2007, 10:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tony Stewart.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by mikegarrison,Sep 28 2007, 10:48 AM
Tony Stewart.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pointblank,Sep 27 2007, 12:39 AM
who the hell is this Louise you always speak of?
The British Girly B**** that is a rookie for McLaren.
Till he breaks Jaques 4 win in rookie season in best car, he deserves no quarter.
Plus, I just don't like him for 3 REAL reasons:
1. Hanging out with P Diddy, puffy, skippy or whatever during time in US
2. Writing an auto biography 12 races into career (ridiculous)
3. (Most Important) complaining RD doesn't pay him enough, EVEN THOUGH he/his Daddy, SIGNED repeat SIGNED a contract for the agreed pay scale. He is just like EVERY other athlete who has a slight shine and wants to renegociate.

Therefore, since I see him as a lil Lassie B**** I will cal him Louise until he retires or dies. Plus here in US we only get F1 on Speed, and Ex racer and announcer David Hobbs calls him Louise, so since I agree, I shall also.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Marco,Sep 28 2007, 01:53 PM
3. (Most Important) complaining RD doesn't pay him enough, EVEN THOUGH he/his Daddy, SIGNED repeat SIGNED a contract for the agreed pay scale. He is just like EVERY other athlete who has a slight shine and wants to renegociate.
1. He hung out with Diddy in the U.K. at the release of Diddy's new fragrance. Diddy was also reportedly discussing the purchase of an F1 team.

2. He didn't write his own biography.

3. When you're in the lead for world champion and getting paid $500,000 instead of $50,000,000 like Kimi (1/100), wouldn't you want to negotiate a better deal?
Old 09-28-2007, 07:03 PM

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marco,Sep 28 2007, 02:53 PM
The British Girly B**** that is a rookie for McLaren.
Till he breaks Jaques 4 win in rookie season in best car, he deserves no quarter.

Therefore, since I see him as a lil Lassie B**** I will cal him Louise until he retires or dies. Plus here in US we only get F1 on Speed, and Ex racer and announcer David Hobbs calls him Louise, so since I agree, I shall also.
The British B**** Honda driver Jenson Button
1. Overpaid
2. Barely better than Rubens
3. (Most Important) Backing out of his Williams contract and making himself and Honda pay millions of dollars that has pretty much gone to waste.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan H,Sep 28 2007, 09:03 PM
The British B**** Honda driver Jenson Button
1. Overpaid
2. Barely better than Rubens
3. (Most Important) Backing out of his Williams contract and making himself and Honda pay millions of dollars that has pretty much gone to waste.

Nicely put.

Mark
Old 09-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Daniel L,Sep 28 2007, 07:47 PM
1. He hung out with Diddy in the U.K. at the release of Diddy's new fragrance. Diddy was also reportedly discussing the purchase of an F1 team.

2. He didn't write his own biography.

3. When you're in the lead for world champion and getting paid $500,000 instead of $50,000,000 like Kimi (1/100), wouldn't you want to negotiate a better deal?
1. P didddddy doesnt have that much money, he realized that.
2. Louise accepted the deal to have biography written
3. A contract is a Contract. Kimi/his agent and Ferrari agreed to that fee, envy is 1 of 7 deadly sins, Louise and Louise SR. Agreed to 500K, It does not matter what anyone else makes WHILE you are under contract. If the terms were such a low ammount WHY did they (louise's) agree to them?? Also KR is in 7th year with 16 wins or so..Louise is an unknown as of contract signing. A contract is a contract, and all parties are bound to it. If he shut up, finished contract then said I want 1 billion dollars, i'd laugh but at least respect that he kept his legal agreement.

Bash JB all you want, He drives for my teams I have NO choice but to support him as he is the #1 on the team.
As I have said before, till he is fired, leaves, retires, or dies, i must support him. I do believe that IF he were given a car capible of winning he would. He has had many great drives in his Honda Career, unfortunately most times the people who finished in front of him had better cars.
He handed ass whippings to the Fuehur, KR, FA, and etc on past, on SPECIFIC days/tracks/situations, I believe he can get it done if car is GREAT.

Fukui San chose JB, I wont bet against Honda's Choice.

Now does Louise have talent?? Not sure, he is in best car, he only has 3 wins, he has done nothing yet. Can I hate him based on personal opinions?? Hell yes.
Louise will prove his talent when the car he drives sucks and he still shows good results.
DC said it best...wait until 3 yr from now..maybe bad car, on 5th super model girlfriend, press ripping you apart, etc...he is a rookie..he has done nothing special..he hasnt even beat JV rookie record yet. EXCEPT cry like a sniffling British Bitch about FA move at Spa, which was 100% legal, as he was on inside of a hairpin corner...daaaaaaaaa yeah lets try to pass outside and not understand and cry that you wetre pushed wide as lead car had proper repeat PROPER racing line.

Quick Reply: Now who Replaces Alonso at McLaren ?