Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Now here is an amazing insight from Toyota F1...

Old 02-13-2008, 04:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by patinum,Feb 12 2008, 06:31 PM
Honda still has the S2K and the Civic type-r. Not exactly Ferrari or McLaren caliber, I know, but more than Toyota's got. And I think Honda's got enough racing heritage/history to back it up.
And we can only hope enough vision to put themselves back where they belong, selling things like NSX's and winning F1.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:37 AM

Timo speaks of a young rookie.. Delusional .. completely..

I echo everyone's sentiments when you scratch your heads wondering why Toyota is in F1

Why they got into F1, is that they were highly successful in rally racing under Ove Andersson back in the 80's. They thought f1 would produce the same results but decided to throw money instead of quality personnel into the team. This team has to go down as one of the most well funded organizations without success. I compare their wealth to the Yankees, Maple Leafs, and certain NFL teams.

Poor management is the key. From staffing, to running the organization in cologne has sunk this team to an unrecoverable level. Speaking to some Toyota reps over the years, gave me the impression of team whom really lack passion. The light is really dim. You don't see them promoting events, at events etc. etc. As well, management is allowed to continue without accountability. Poor management you ask ? Completely ! How can management think they can move this team forward and not make any attempt to harness Ross Brawn into a contract. They did not even contact him ?????? and they let their so-called rivals scoop him in one hell of a coup.

F1 one will not miss them, when fall off the grid. Its the inevitable.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by s2ksimon,Feb 14 2008, 09:37 AM
without accountability.

That can make any organization nothing more than mediocre
Old 02-15-2008, 06:43 AM

Wow, the whole team has just given up.
Come on Toyota, you need to do something!
Even in the darkest of dark days you would not have heard Michael Schumacher talking smack against Ferrari. In fact when Eddie Irvine talked chit against Ferrari they fired him.

Trulli rules out Toyota podiums in 2008
By Michele Lostia and Pablo Elizalde
Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 10:21 GMT

Jarno Trulli believes it is unrealistic to expect his Toyota team to be able to fight for podium finishes in the 2008 season.

"Let's make this clear: in this situation, not only the Ferraris will be unmatchable for us, but also the McLarens," Trulli was quoted as saying by Autosprint magazine.

"So, talking about getting some podiums is completely unrealistic," added the Italian, who still believes Toyota are in a better position than last year.

"Compared to 2007 the car has improved a lot in overall reliability and in the performance on worn tyres, which had been our main problem," he said.

"Considering the problems BMW seem to suffer, maybe for us there's the chance of getting close to the second level teams like Renault, BMW and Williams, but it's impossible to do more than that.

"Looking at the behaviour of the Ferraris on the track is obviously depressing. They can brake wherever they want to but most of all they can accelerate wherever they want to, while I always have to be careful with getting on the power, which is not managed by traction control anymore."

Toyota endured a poor season in 2007 and have not been on the podium since 2006.

The Cologne-based squad and Ferrari spent six days of testing at the Sakhir circuit in Bahrain last week, and the Japanese cars were no match for their Italian rivals, clearly faster during most days.

Trulli reckons Ferrari are clearly ahead of all their rivals.

"In my opinion, even compared to McLaren, they are at least half a second faster per lap. Good night then, I feel the championship is already over even before the start," Trulli said.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:58 AM

Received 5,755 Likes on 3,391 Posts

Toyota is showing its arrogance and stupidity - they are mortal afterall.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:09 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MDXLuvr,Feb 12 2008, 04:30 PM

Then again - you could almost say the same for Honda/Acura.
Put the money into the ALMS or build an SH-AWD Civic withe RDX running gear and go dominate the WRC

It's time for Honda to pull out of F1 !!!!!!!

.....there I said it

.......it's time
Old 02-17-2008, 06:40 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by [gTr
,Feb 13 2008, 01:10 AM] ... the only reason Mercedes does so well is because of McLaren...
You mean Ferrari.

:drumrolls:
Old 02-17-2008, 07:12 PM

Teams have ups and downs; Honda's accomplishments in the 80s and 90s in Formula 1 make me forgive them for their failure today. They won six constructor champions, and five driver championships in that era, Ferrari was in its lowest point before Schumacher as well, but both companies have great racing heritage. but I am trying to figure out if Toyota has any racing history at all? I remember their Celica in rallying was interesting in early 90's, ending up with a scandal, when they got caught cheating using illegal turbo restrictor bypasses in 1995, other than that can somebody remind me ?
Old 02-17-2008, 09:22 PM

Trucks in off-road racing and NASCAR, and now cars in NASCAR
Old 02-18-2008, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lexus has the 5.0L is-f which is a bad ass car, and next year they are coming out with a 600+ hp super car.

Quick Reply: Now here is an amazing insight from Toyota F1...